670 in GMAT, which schools to go for?

Hi PGites, Just to give a background, I recently took GMAT and scored 670 (46Q, 36V, 6.0 AWA). I’m working with an IT company for about 5.5 yrs (out of which, 4.5 years at client location). My acads are decent and have a record for extra-curr…

Hi PGites,

Just to give a background, I recently took GMAT and scored 670 (46Q, 36V, 6.0 AWA). I'm working with an IT company for about 5.5 yrs (out of which, 4.5 years at client location). My acads are decent and have a record for extra-curricular activities.
I'd actually thought about ISB all the time, but with this score it looks a bit tough.
I am interested in exploring options for doing MBA in India preferably.
Would be great if some of you could provide some insights.

Thanks!

Hi hsourabh,

Most of the MBA applicants (especially from IT background) think that if they are 20-30 short of average score they shall still try and apply . Unfortunately there are thousands of people out there in the same boat we are in (yes me too....same profile , 2-4 years at onsite , same GMAT score).

Decent GMAT score required for applicant with IT background = Avg GMAT score of B-School + 30 points

So , IVY Indian MBA with 670 is tough , yeah for 'phoren' B-School this is a good score.

Ponting