(5th December 2010) FMS 2010 Scores, Analysis, Discussions Official Thread

Guys, Please use this thread to analyze your predicted scores and for all the discussions pertaining to the FMS 2010 written test. i would request mods to put up a poll but only after answer keys will be provided by any institute because pe…

Guys,
Please use this thread to analyze your predicted scores and for all the discussions pertaining to the FMS 2010 written test.

i would request mods to put up a poll but only after answer keys will be provided by any institute because people cast their vote without even checking their answers.

Please use the following format:
No. of Questions:
Total Attempt/Difficulty level(Section wise):
Flukes:
Expected Score:
Expected Cut-offs:
Any Comment(Surprise):

P.S.-Please post after exam is over and also maintain the decorum of the thread. Spamming wont be tolerated

Felt it was easier than AIM FMS. Quant was bit difficult. But DI and VA were much better. RCs had many direct questions. Over all it was a feel good paper. More details will follow.

Attempts
DI 47 in 40 mins
QA 22 😞 in 30 mins
VA 49 ( many guesses here 😛 ) in 25 mins
RC 37 Serious and for remaining 13, marked option no. 2 ) in 25 mins.

Cut offs will surely soar to 350, i feel.

50 attempt in rc:)...(in 46 mins)..Except pi management found rc quite easy)
baaki sections ka direct score hi post karunga**

No. of Questions:200, was this necessary?

Total Attempt/Difficulty level(Section wise): OA 80:banghead:; QA-VE; LR-VE, DI-NA, RC-VE; VA-E

Flukes:None
Expected Score:arnd 300:drinking:
Expected Cut-offs:340

Any Comment(Surprise):
This paper was so easy it would have given SNAP the blushes:oops:. It was so error prone it would make last year's CAT look serene. The moderator was not sure on which bell to start the paper, some guys had started it at 1:55 PM

No. of Questions: 200 - Stupid Question, IMO
Total Attempt/Difficulty level(Section wise):
26 - RC - Easy/moderate
46 - VA - VERY EASY!
18 - QA - for me... at least
23 - DI - LR was very easy, did not try DI.
Flukes:
My quant is basically an attempt at flukes 😛 I spent half an hour doing 18 flukes :D

Expected Score: - Will Post once keys are out
Expected Cut-offs:
Any Comment(Surprise):
Did not time myself well, forgot to take my watch 😞 :oops:
QA - I am very bad at it, I found a few sitters but many went over my head. I found quite a few incorrect questions or no correct options...
Hope for a score of 350+
Cutoffs are sure to increase

could u elaborate the ERROR part....we have 24 hours to bring the errors to FMS's notice

No. of Questions:200, was this necessary?

Total Attempt/Difficulty level(Section wise): OA 80:banghead:; QA-VE; LR-VE, DI-NA, RC-VE; VA-E

Flukes:None
Expected Score:arnd 300:drinking:
Expected Cut-offs:340

Any Comment(Surprise):
This paper was so easy it would have given SNAP the blushes:oops:. It was so error prone it would make last year's CAT look serene. The moderator was not sure on which bell to start the paper, some guys had started it at 1:55 PM

And haan sectionals could be high..Because there could be many farzi log like me who just concentrated on one section(rc in my case)

p.S.Even overall cutoff bound to get high..Paper not that difficul..And very easy 4 5 quadratic equation question toh shayad 6th class ki book re uthaye they:P

one rc ques of 15000 people massacred shud be 150000..Shayad..

Attempted overall :118

English : 50 :)
RC : 10 (Attempted in last 10 mins) :(
QA:26
LRDI:32

Quants was a bit tough.
English Usage was easy :)
DI - moderate
RC - Can't comment as attempted only one :banghead:

I guess the cut off would be around 340~360.

Time to prepare for JMET and SNAP!!

FMS done finally!:lookround:
Need to wait for the keys and more people coming in with their scores to have a good idea. Too early now, but have a feelin that the paper was similar to last years level in terms of difficulty.( Only keys will tell that 😛 )
My attempts were good ( rests on accuracy alone now! )
English - 50
RC - 47
QA - 33
DI/LR - 33

OA - 163:lookround:

XAT next ( that shud be tougher! )

the paper ws tricky since di and quant wer juicy and evryone wud feel like attemptin all .....
my attempts
RC: 24 :)
VA: 19 😞 did it in the end so time wsnt sufficient
QA: 19 😞 i thot accuracy is the factor and did very less
DI: 31 😃 my strongest sec

No. of Questions:
Total Attempt/Difficulty level(Section wise): 140
RC-29
QA-36
LRDI-34+6(blind)
VA- 35 😞 gave only 15 mins.. thot of previous pattern
started at 3-35 & den last 10 mins in marking the bubbles.. :(
but cud spot some sitters in d last min coz thy wr straight from past years :)
Flukes: 6 (resulted in +4)
Expected Score: no idea
Expected Cut-offs: 360-380
Any Comment(Surprise):
yeah the verbal section was doable..
should have kept 25 mins for it..
ParaJ were in.. Antonyms,Synonyms,Foreign origin out :)

All the best to everyone.. :)
p.s.- wen wud d result b out??

Found the exam to be easier than expected.. Specially QA...
Didn't have any planned number of attempts as such...
Finally Attempted around 125-130..

QA - around 32.. found it to have many sitters... 40mins
LRDI - around 31.. was again easy but time consuming for me... 30mins
VA - around 30.. could not go through all the questions... 15mins
RC - around 32... got little stuck with that PI management RC.. 35mins

Going by the numbers, number of attempts looks decent to me...

Paper was too easy...laddu

The cut offs are going to go sky high...surely

My Attempts:

VA 45 (30 Min)
LR 32 (30 Min)
RC 29 (35 Min)
QA 25 (25 Min)

OA 131

It gets down to accuracy now

Last year the cut off was 331. My gut feel says its going to be 350+ this time

Although my attempt in QA is bit less, still I feel I gave it my best shot.

Karm kar diya hai...phal ki icchhha hai...

Prabhu...pls accuracy laao aur FMS call 😃

Certainly easiest among the last 3 years. Cut-offs should rise. People who have spent less time on Verbal (in apprehension, like me) can suffer.

QA - 32 (35 mins)
LR - 28 (35 mins)
RC - 36 (30 mins)
VA - 37 (15 mins)

Remaining 5 mins spent on signature, thumb impression etc

P.S. : If I reduced 5 mins from my quant section, I could have attempted 10 more in VA and 2-3 less in quant.
Attempts could have been close to 150.

RC- 30 ()
VA- 41 (:lookround:)
QA- 35 (:grin:)
LR/DI- 24 ( )

It was just a speed test..

RC - 23 ; Very easy. Just a question of how much time were you ready to allot it.
VA - 39 ; Easy. not too time consuming either. The best and must-attempt section among the four sections
QA - 11 ; easy-moderate. A number of sitters. Attempted this section last. Was just left with 13 minutes for it. Surely this is the mistake that has made FMS history for me.
LDi - 35 ; Very easy. After VA, this was the easiest section to crack Not too time consuming either.

Overall - 108

The thing is none of the sections were too time consuming. But just the fact that there were too many questions and too little time, made even the little-time-consuming sections difficult.

overall the paper must have been a breeze for someone with excellent speed. But for me the tryst with FMS was too short lived, thanks to Quant. Anyways am off to greener pastures now.

My prediction for cutoff? Probably 375.

Also consider the fact that the number of seats for MBA has benn increased because of the merger of the two programmes MBA and MBA-MS. Hence, it would not be correct to extrapolate last year's cut-off to find out th probable cut-off this time around.

My attempts:

QA - 17 :-(
VA - 36 :|
RC - 26
LRDI - 26 :banghead:

OA: 105

Should've attempted more in Quant! Only accuracy can save me now! :-(

P.S: The "justice of fairness" passage was a ctrl+c + ctrl+v from IMS workshop sheet! 😲 And I saw this passage only after the exam!
This exam should've been a field day for the speed demons!! :biggrin:

so finaaly over with the most coveted insti after the iims for the pg junta ( i guess)

ma attempts
va----44 (ma strongest section) robbed of the advantage i always had in this section bcoz the va is no more vocab centric
rc----23 couldnt do much starightforwrad but time consuming
qa----31 accuracy decides though high hopes
di------30 accuracy is the key

oa 128 thoda less attempts .
cut off will hover more or less to last time because of merger of mba and ms course and also last time calls were in ratio 1:5..i am hopin for atleast 1:7 not more than 350 will be the cutoff i guess