510 after 5 weeks of preparation (41q/20v) help me :(

People, Today has to be darkest day of my life. Had never failed in any exam before, and for the firt time in 27 years… I did in GMAT… Got the lowest possible or heard score 510 with 5 weeks of preparations (bunked office and studies for 1…

People,

Today has to be darkest day of my life. Had never failed in any exam before, and for the firt time in 27 years.. I did in GMAT... Got the lowest possible or heard score 510 with 5 weeks of preparations (bunked office and studies for 10 hours a day)

please help me! my quants was decent 41 but, am an Engr and by virtue of studying maths for 14 years, this was not my best... Solved OG 10 - thought maths is simple but, real test had word problems, many word problems... I guess i dint go through blogs before preparations

Next was verbal - I got 20 percentile and 20 scaled score 😞 cant be that bad in English... I have been in the business of writing proposals for 6 years, I cant have that horrible English to perform well at work. my SC was good thanks to Manhattan but CR was not too good, and RC is a mystery I cant solve... I cant get a single answer correct whether it is structure or application questions :(

I am ready to do anything, prepare for any longer, study 1st std text book if need be. I am misdirected missile who only wants to get a good score, and not know right approach...

Do I have to create history by getting 700 from 510 or is it actually possible?

dont mind my pessism, but any help , advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Sri

See if this helps

http://www.pagalguy.com/870324-post3.html
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/500-q39-v20-need-help-25022809

You might also like to browse the threads here

GMAT and Related Discussions - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA, CAT 2007, GMAT, XAT, CAT 2008, SNAP, IIM, CAT 2007 Analysis Answer Key

I really don't think u should consider it the darkest day....unlike CAT,XAT.... you could give GMAt at any day of the year...probably it would just take a couple of months more....
I think the only thing went wrong was probably u didn't connect with guys giving GMAT...Even I had just 15 days to prepare for GMAT...but people out here definitely gave me tips as to which material one should refer. And according to me, OG by itself is grossly insufficient. People usually also refer to Kaplan Premier program and Kaplan 800 and solve GMATprep, Kaplan tests(4), Powerprep and some even more... You could get some of this stuff from esnips.com.........and I have pmed u a couple of links....

All the best!

People,

Today has to be darkest day of my life. Had never failed in any exam before, and for the firt time in 27 years.. I did in GMAT... Got the lowest possible or heard score 510 with 5 weeks of preparations (bunked office and studies for 10 hours a day)

please help me! my quants was decent 41 but, am an Engr and by virtue of studying maths for 14 years, this was not my best... Solved OG 10 - thought maths is simple but, real test had word problems, many word problems... I guess i dint go through blogs before preparations

Next was verbal - I got 20 percentile and 20 scaled score 😞 cant be that bad in English... I have been in the business of writing proposals for 6 years, I cant have that horrible English to perform well at work. my SC was good thanks to Manhattan but CR was not too good, and RC is a mystery I cant solve... I cant get a single answer correct whether it is structure or application questions :(

I am ready to do anything, prepare for any longer, study 1st std text book if need be. I am misdirected missile who only wants to get a good score, and not know right approach...

Do I have to create history by getting 700 from 510 or is it actually possible?

Thanks,
Sri

Hi sri, As have said u can create history and it is very much possible.
u need more time to do this.
Take OG11,Kaplan Premiere and Manhattan SC
Read systematically (u said abt 10 hrs/day,thats not advisable)
for 2 hrs a day om week days and 5 hrs on week ends.
U'd definitley cross 700 +/- 10.
Dont lose hope, we know how it feels when u failed but
u can always erase with time. Cheer up and happy new year