[25-Nov-07] IIFT 2007: Paper Discussions

Please make use of this thread for discussing the IIFT 2007 paper… This thread is intended for the paper-related discussions alone, and to keep the other running thread for queries alone… So here we go… ATB, Puys! *Please avoid posting…

Please make use of this thread for discussing the IIFT 2007 paper..

This thread is intended for the paper-related discussions alone, and to keep the other running thread for queries alone..

So here we go.. ATB, Puys!
Please avoid posting pre-test comments and feelers, wishes, speculations et al..

Other relevant thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iift-2007-queries-and-discussion-25020767
Tough paper, on the whole.. mismanagement on my part in terms of distributing time.. all in all, mazaa nahi aaya :neutral:
My attempts:
GK/BA - 11.02
LR/CR - 11.10
QA/DI - 13.63
VA/RC - 12.60
Total - 48.35
I think my attempts are on the lower side, at least as compared to my general performance in mocks.. so now it boils down to the accuracy game even for IIFT-K call..
PS: Since the papers are with us, a relevant poll shall be started once the keys of the big 3-4 coaching instts start trickling in..

from where u have got the answer key plz tell

last year IIFT was considered to be the most difficult exam in the country.. this year they thankfully had only one answer per question
i should be clearing all cut-offs (hopefully) and should clear the overall one as well

the paper was a bit skewed towards L & DI.. too few quant q's
the absence of geometry and mensuration was quite conspicuous.. there also seemed to be too many q's on averages

in the logic section i doubt too many ppl must have attempted the passages

in DI the "which statement is TRUE (or FALSE) were in my opinion best left out.. u needed to go thro 4 calculations for a single question

VA seemed quite scoring and those with strong language skills would have been able to pick up a lot of marks with a relatively less investment of time

my attempts
logic 10.36
QA/DI 16.33
VA 16.2
GK 6.46 (expecting good accuracy here, no wild guesses)

Total 49.35 (its a pain in the @$$ to calculate attempts/scores in this paper )

last year IIFT was considered to be the most difficult exam in the country.. this year however both the CAT and IIFT paper setters seem to have over compensated.. well.. maybe only CAT was too tough
the difficulty level for this paper was perfect.. i should be clearing all cut-offs (hopefully) and should clear the overall one comfortably

the paper was a bit skewed towards L & DI.. too few quant q's
the absence of geometry and mensuration was quite conspicuous.. there also seemed to be too many q's on averages

in the logic section i doubt too many ppl must have attempted the passages

in DI the "which statement is TRUE (or FALSE) were in my opinion best left out.. u needed to go thro 4 calculations for a single question

VA seemed quite scoring and those with strong language skills would have been able to pick up a lot of marks with a relatively less investment of time

you're saying you'll clear sectional cutoffs...
it wasn't even mentioned in the paper that we have to show our competence in all sections..or something on that line
i attempted my paper assuming there was no sectional cutoffs..
someone please explain...
it wasn't even mentioned in the paper that we have to show our competence in all sections..or something on that line

wat u hav observed is vry correct...there r no sectional cutoffs in IIFT 2007, only overall score ....

ya just chill dere were no sectionals

could someone predict wat will be the cut offs and plz tell about answer keys

arunk8186 Says
wat u hav observed is vry correct...there r no sectional cutoffs in IIFT 2007, only overall score ....

thank you..u're a lifesaver...mujhe laga main abhi apna studdapa dikha aya:)
didn't attepmt DI at all...i suck at calculations...
maybe it will backfire...maybe it won't:neutral:

hoping for the best...

dont worry chill dis is d case wid many even i didnt attempt di only 4 to 5 lets wait for answer key

Hi puys,

Any prediction on the expected cut offs
My take is that they can't be more than 25.

last yrs paper had cut-offs so i attempted it accordingly.. gave all sections justice.. dint want to take a risk.. i too would have given less time to DI.. now that u mention it, i doubt they'll have sectional cut-offs.. especially since most ppl will have skewed sectionals, the college will also have difficulty short-listing students then
Hi puys,

I would have agreed to you before seeing the attempts ..........of ppl on PG.....48 and 49 are the first two posts which i think is reety awesome for a paper like this. Basically if UR maths is good and u were good enough to spot the LR part of the paper then u must get through..My take on cut off wud be around 26-29.

I too didnt maintained any sectional cut-offs as it was not mentioned(hopefully:))......
KJ Somaiya accepts IIFT scores right??? can any1 pls furnish me with the info that wht was the cut off for KJ Somaiya for last year??? n cut off for IIFT-D and IIFT-K...............

....Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand

Hi puys,

A big relief by looking at ' only correct answer per Question'.

Attempted all but 4 in english
around 20 in LR
14 in GK
around 18 in Quant DI..

Considering the fact that there was only one right answer per Q, this year cutoff should be certainly higher than last. Hope cutoff is around the 28-30 mark

All the best !!!!
Karthik Subramaniam

I think pretty decent paper compared to last years multiple correct options. LR was scorable; VA was doable';GK was manageable; RC was avoidable; and Q/ DI was guessable .

Mackenna Says
I think pretty decent paper compared to last years multiple correct options. LR was scorable; VA was doable';GK was manageable; RC was avoidable; and Q/ DI was guessable .
well ur post makes me laugh.....ur very "able" it seems.....best of luck dude......i also enjoyed the paper

Although , there weren't any sectional cut-offs mentioned but i still maintained the sectional attempts:

My attempts:

DI: 14.8+3.2 = 18
VA: 2.4 + 9 = 11.4
QA: 11.7 + 3.2 = 14.9
GK: 1.52

OA: 45.82

I think the cut-off is goin to b abt 28-30 odd.

Hi puys,

last year's cutoff for IIFT-delhi was around 21-22.. but that paper was a lot tougher since it had multiple answers and u had to go thro each option carefully.. even if u missed out one, the whole sum was wrong.. luckily there were no negatives, but u did end up wasting a lot of time.. taking that into account i doubt this yrs cutoff will be less than 26-27