This thread is to post scores andpercentiles and discuss test-takingstrategies, doubts, and queries for IMS SIMCAT 8 .
Can someone share the link please!
Greetings. I am a current 1st year student in PGP-HRM, MDI Gurgaon(You can verify this from my pagalguy profile). Me and a group of friends have decided to form a telegram group, where the doubts of CAT aspirants can be solved by us. Some important points about the group are:
1. For some time(we have summers), we wont be allowing CAT questions(sums or some content) on the group. The groups will be purely meant for career questions(Yes we are from HR), and you can also ask about colleges, their programs, mock strategies, how to prepare any subject or topic or anything, except specific sums or questions. We are planning to allow all types of questions in future once we have some time on our hands.
2. The questions wouldn’t and cannot be answered instantly, but we will try our best to answer them as and when we get time. The maximum time we expect which can lapse is 24-48 hours, sometimes more than that, in cases when we have extreme work load.
3. Strict rules will be enforced in the group and people not following them would be removed with or without a warning.
4. We are studying Human Resources, and thus can help you with CV building and Interviews in future. All decisions in this regard would be taken after our summer placements. Specific services provided in future may be monetized, but for now everything is free.
5. We plan to create a platform for people to clarify their doubts. All of us have seen and understood this MBA Admission process in totality, and each one of us has between 97-99.7 % ile in each exam, NMAT, IIFT, CAT, XAT etc.
6. People are expected to read all questions and answers and avoid asking similar questions repetitively.
7. Guys, any relation is symbiotic in nature. We would be spending some time to help you. We also work on various projects, which require survey data, or in same cases Facebook or Instagram likes. Any of that wouldn’t take more than 1-2 mins(filling a survey form or liking a post). We expect our group members to cooperate with us in all of that. We can promise that it wont be more than once or twice a week, which means you wont be spending more than 5 mins a week doing all of that.
8. Any and every question will be entertained, but the group members have to maintain decorum. You cant talk to each other in the group, you can do so privately if you want.
9. We would be open to helping you in any way you want. But you cant message us in DM. You can write an email to us at an email id to be given.
10. https://t.me/joinchat/Ha4DnQ_GS0Tbq_TSlsF-oA This is the group link. Please join the group only if you agree and will follow all the points mentioned. We hope we can provide some value to the members of the group.
91 :-( only
VARC - 33(32A/15C)-Terrible terrible accuracy DILR - 50(23A/18C) QA - 76(28A/26C) OA-159
VARC - 43 (29A/17C)
DILR - 21 (10A/7C) -- Can someone help me in increasing attempts?
QA - 72 (26A/24C)
Messed up LRDI for myself but also seem to have done very badly in QA.
A string of bad scores recently, even though they have come in between 99+ percentile scores. No consistency at all so hard to view this as much more than a fluke. Question is, which scores are the flukes? The bad ones or the good ones?
VARC : 49
DILR : 47
QA : 62
OA : 158
VARC 49 [20C/13W] (97.6)
LRDI 24 [9C/4W] (86.85)
QA 42 [15C/6W] (90.54)
OA 115 (96.9)
VARC 16 (Fucked up really big here last time it was 61 now I am doubting that it was a fluke)
Overall 101 (Just ....ing up things when one should not it's almost September)
VARC- 36(31A/16C) No clue what happened here.
First SIMCAT of season VARC-54(29A/20C) DILR-38(15A/13C) QA-38(20A/14C) Disappointed OA-130
Things are not going easy what seemed to be fortitude is leaving in solitude...
LRDI-24 (Was able to do only 2 sets)
QA-40 (My accuracy is getting a toll)
VARC :- 34 (felt a little bit hard . Couldn't solve more than 24 questions ) DILR :-30 (sets looked much easier but donno where I lost marks ) QA :- 37 ( The entire set was painfully.Questions were boring lengthy,tough) OA - 101 So what the stratergy for VARC ( 40 mins for RC and 20 mins for para ) ? Couldn't acheive that time format even for a single mock ?
VARC 45 (19/34) Need to reduce forced attempts LRDI. 28. (10/17) Found only 3 sets easy and couldn't even get them completely right . All time low 😔 QA 56 (20/29). Definitely need to work on my accuracy and not loose out to negatives OA 129
Taking out time for this was the challenge VARC-46 LRDI-37 QA-48 OA-131
SIMCAT 8 VARC: 56 (21/32) need to do something about my accuracy :( DILR: 48 (16/16) THIS WAS DEFINITELY NEEDED (especially after aimcat13) QA: 54 (19/27) big time screw up.. quants this time was an easy 70+ OA: 158
Test link anyone?
Simcat 8 Varc 57 (22/34) : easy moderate level Dilr 48(17/22) : found it to be difficult or maybe I screwed up idk Qa 69 ( 25/33) : a very easy paper where my accuracy chose to jump off the cliff overall : 174 ... Just unable to go above the 175-200 bracket... With barely 3 months in hand 😞