[2016-2018] PGDBA (IIMC + IIT Kgp + ISI) : Preparation, Discussion, Feedback

It's the forum for the people who want to apply for PGDBA programme offered jointly be IIM C , IIT KGP and ISI Kolkata for 2016-2018 session.

Please discuss about 1st batch's admission criteria, placement status, generic 1st-mouth feedback! 

Hi everyone,

I am Saranya from Kolkata. I'm working in PwC India for 4 years. I love statistics and love to work in data analytics field. I completed a certificate programme called WILEY Big Data Analyst offered by Praxis Business School. I got very excited when I heard about this particular PGDBA course but, didn't have any test score (couldn't anticipate :P) at this moment. Now, I'm preparing for GMAT to meet the eligibility for the next season i.e. 2016-2018.

Please share your thoughts about the course. How will it shape up? How will you be the placement? and etc.

Today is the last date for this year. Hoping for an excellent response from the data lovers!

Any updates on shortlist?

When will be the admission details updated for this year? The website is still showing outdated information...

It will be in March

Hello friends,

I dropped a mail to the admissions team for more information about the admissions this year; but did not get any response....If you ppl can also follow up with them on the same ,they might respond to someone and we can at least have some clarity......

Also, I found there are similar, well established courses ,being conducted abroad, as I can see from internet;....if anybody is having more info regarding this .....please share....like which one is good, with good RoI, and their ranking...

PGDBA notifications out...

Exam on February 14, 2016

For any guidance from current students you may message at our fb page 

https://www.facebook.com/PGDBA.IIMC.ISI.IITKgp/

Please note that this page is only by current students and not by admissions dept.

Mathematics syllabus will be upto class 12th level ? or Engineering level?

Hi guys,

I was going through the application form at the IIT KGP website, and have a few queries.

I am currently working in TCS for past 3 years. The program demands that we upload Experience certificate, But i can get one while leaving the company. So is it fine if i upload my appoinment letter and my lastest pay slip instead of the experience certificate.

And its mentioned that there is a written test. Do scores of GRE help?

Please let me know. thanks.

This exam is going to be online or paper pencil?

Hi All, 

I have a query regarding PGDBA program . I belong to Most Backward Class (MBC caste), Which comes under Other Backward Class (OBC caste). Since my family income is 4 lakhs shall I select PRESENT CATEGORY as  NC-OBC ? ( which is under Personal details section )

I have a separate caste certificate which states that I belong to MBC caste . Likewise , I have a separate income certificate which states that my family income is 4lakhs 

is the exam paper based?

how many questions will b there n what is d time limit ?

what was the cutoff for admission in this course last year?

Hi,

I have a question in mind. How relevant is this course for me who is already working on SAP BW and Analytics with more than two years of experience? I am interested but just want to know what are my prospects after passing out. If anyone can share some insight I would be grateful.

Is the exam objective type? I mean can we have a bit more insight about how the paper is gonna be like?

Do i need to upload all the documents?? And what has to be uploaded in work experience ?? Please help... 

Guys, how are you preparing for this entrance test? CAT syllabus or is focussing on 12th level mathematics sufficient? Current students please shed some light if possible.

Thanks

Hello Puys!!

Please help me on below 2 queries :

1. Can we upload the letter of Intent(or some other relevant document) of the organisation in which we are working under the section where we need to provide experience certificate? (I don't have it right now 😞 )

2. Even after completing the application I'm not able to complete the payment process.It keep showing this message:

You can't go to 'PAYMENT INFORMATION' before completing 'PERSONAL DETAILS' , 'ACADEMIC & EXPERIENCE' and 'PHOTO SIGNATURE UPLOAD'',

Please guide me through this..Thanks for the help !!