[2016-18] SIMS Pune Admission Queries

Greetings Aspirants!

Welcome to the official SIMS Admissions query page for the class of 2016-18. Connect with SIMS team would be delighted to answer all queries that you may have regarding Life at SIMS, Academics etc. 

Greetings Aspirants,

Welcome to the official SIMS Admissions query page for the class of 2014-16.

We, the IT cell of SIMS would be delighted to answer any and all queries that you may have regarding the college. Queries regarding academics, hostels and infrastructure, co-curricular activities etc. are welcome.

We hope to arm you with all the information you need to make an informed choice about your applications and final selection of institute. Please do look over the college website (Β http://www.sims.edu/Β )Β to get an idea of the courses offered and the faculty profiles.

For all the students looking to understand, how standard civilians can attempt to gain admissions in SIMS, please refer to the steps given below. The guidelines for standard civilians entry to SIMS has been consolidated. Any non defense related candidates who wish to take admissions for the MBA 2014-16 batch are requested to browse through the document and ensure compliance with all steps before applying.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/189562822/General-Guidelines-for-Civillian-Entry-to-SIMS

To access the various appendices for PIWAT 2014, please refer to the following link.Β 

http://www.scribd.com/doc/202323598/Appendix-A-B-C-for-SIMS-PI-WAT-2014

Regards

IT Team

SIMS, Pune

Is SIMS reserved only for Defense Personnel and their children ? Or is it open for normal candidates too ?

@MissionMBA2014

Is SIMS reserved only for Defense Personnel and their children ? Or is it open for normal candidates too ?

Yes SIMS does admit civillian dependents as well. 15 % of our batch of 300 students fall in this category. There is a different proforma/requirements-set that you will be required to fill up/meet during the course of the admissions process , setting you in the "industry sponsored" category, but the rest of the process from induction onwards would be the same as for and Defense Personnel dependents.

@simsstudent

Hi.. i have applied fa snap.. and I have doubt in applying for Sims since the registration process for symbiosis colleges has been changed . Is it enough just to select the college and apply (in the new registration process)or do I have to fill in a seperate application form for Sims?

Hi,

In case I didn't select SIMS as one of the options on the common form would I have to apply using the application form on the website or can I amend and apply from the SNAP portal. Thanks

Hi,

I have background of defense personnel,so I want to know that during programme registration there is no option for applying through defense personnel. so whats the actual procedure for applying in criteria of defense personnel?

@simsstudent Please let me know whether i can get the attestation from Notary public for SNAP Admit card.

TIA

Hi

I would like to confirm that person who is not sponsored by industry and not belonging to defence category (special or general) will not be able to apply for SIMS pune?

Additionaly what is the diffrenec between defence category- general and special?

Thanx

Should i apply SIMS with expected score of 75-80 ? What is the actual placement status ? Average package ? 100% placement ?

Hi,

what will be the cut off marks for sims... am expecting 60-65 marks in snap given today...is there any chance to get in sims..? i belong to defense personnel category..

EXPECTING 70+ IN SNAP .... SCALED DOWN ACADEMIC FACTOR AND IT CAME 7.3 .... WHAT ARE CHANCES FOR SIMS ??

Hi Guyz..... am expecting between 60-70 marks..... is there ny chances to get a call from SIMS (def) , sld i apply for it ?

Plz hlp yaaro.... feeling nervous 😞

😐😐😐😐😐

@simsstudent Hi, please let me kno if any preference given for work experienced people or it is considered in any way for SIMS?

TIA

@simsstudent Hi, please let me know whats the process to get admission in executive MBA program @ SIMS.Does defence qouta applies to executive MBA program too? Hows the placement compared to full time MBA program?Thanks in advance.:)

can non civilians apply for sims too??? or is it only for defence personnel s children

@simsstudent hi , Can u pls give more details regarding placements @ SIMS, eg % of students having packages more than the average 7.75 lacs. Even a rough figure will be helpful. TIA.

sir i m expecting about 70 marks in snap .will i get a cal for PI-WAT from SIMS. i have a defence back ground

thank you

Hi, I have one year experience in banking, which course in SIMS will be good for someone like me, Marketing or Finance?
Thanks in Advance

How has been the placement figures this year ?