[2015-2016] IIMB Public Policy and Management (PGPPM) Prospective Students

Hi Friends. We are the current batch of PGPPM at IIMB. Pls use this tread to raise any queries you might be having on the program. We would try our best to answer your queries. Thank you.

Dear Friends,

Greetings from IIM Bangalore!

We are the 2014-15 batch of the Public Policy Program at IIMB. We will be happy to clarify any queries you might be having on the PGPPM program and the admission process.

The PGPPM is a unique one year, full time residential course that integrates public policy and management principles to prepare future leaders in public service. The program is offered jointly in partnership with DoPT (GoI) since its inception in 2002. Since 2008 the program has been open to exceptional privately sponsored candidates.

Key Programme Features:

- Cutting Edge Experiential Learning Component integrating Public Policy with Management

- International Immersion

- Focus on Policy Case Studies, Policy Memos

- Diversity in course work

- Cross-cutting classroom diversity (public + private; sectoral diversity)

- Joint coursework with other full time IIMB programs

- Student run speaker series - Policy Talk @ IIMB

Who is this for?

This course is suitable for professionals interested in the interdisciplinary area of policy making targeting careers in Multinationals, NGOs, Consulting organizations or Public Policy Management roles in other corporate sectors. The PGPPM helps programme participants understand forces that shape the domestic and international environment for public policy. Having a mix of Govt and Non Govt candidates, the non Govt candidates also get to learn from the vast experiences of their peers from services like the IAS, IPS, IFS, ITS, IRS, CPWD, IES, etc. The program trains the participants with courses in areas including Public Policy, Economics, Quantitative Methods, Strategy, Organizational Behaviour, etc. Non Government Alumnus of this course includes participants from sectors like IT, Media, Social Sector, Engineering, Energy, Natural Resources, etc. 

Kindly visit the PGPPM section of IIMB to explore further, and get back to us in case of queries you might be having.

We look forward to hear from you guys.

any previous year question papers/sample papers available for the pgppm test?

what will be the batch strength for 2015-2016?

when'll be the result of entrance test announced? Is the any reservation for OBC-Non Creamy Layer?

Hi, I have got a call from IIMB_PGPPM for case analysis and PI at IIMB. Could someone please guide me on the subjects of case analysis or with some sample case analysis of previous years. 

Hi, what would be the area of concentration of Interview panel ???

I want to apply for PGPPM with CAT score. What percentile do I need to get a call? Can anyone pls share about second stage?

Hello team , is there any new thread for 2017-18 prospective students ? i have many queries to ask. 

I have the interview for PGPPM..please guide for it...also kindly guide abt the case analysis which they have mentioned will happen with the interview process...plz help..kind of urgent..

IIMB (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore) and Goldman Sachs, a leading global investment bank selected 15 women entrepreneurs-in-the-making and their ideas for incubation over the next year as the final phase of its Women Startup Programme at the NS Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL), IIMB.This is the India’s first customized online and classroom training programme designed to grow the next generation of female entrepreneurs. Finalist women’s ideas are selected to incubate (their ideas) at IIMB and receive a fellowship of 40,000 rupees per month to further develop their business ideas with the goal of starting a successful venture.  

http://www.aftergraduation.co.in/iimb-goldman-sachs-selects-15-ideas-women-startup-programme-nsrcel/

Hi, could you please advise if the management part of the course is conducted with the MBA or PGPX students? if not then is the faculty for these courses same as for the other 2 programme.