[2014-2016] SCIT Aspirants Queries and Discussions

Hello everyone, I am initiating this thread for all those who aspire to pursue their Masters in Business Management at the most prestigious IT-B School in India - Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune.* *SCIT, a constituent of …

Hello everyone, I am initiating this thread for all those who aspire to pursue their Masters in Business Management at the most prestigious IT-B School in India - Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune.

SCIT, a constituent of Symbiosis International University (SIU) offers 2-year full time residential Master of Business Administration (MBA - ITBM) programmes. The institute offers a perfect blend of Business and Technology with its flexible curriculum and the stress upon the Business Management in the Information Technology domain.

Programme Objective : MBA in Information Technology Business Management (ITBM) aims at developing Management professionals for IT Businesses. The programme builds Management skills and reinforces IT skills to create Leaders and Entrepreneurs in IT products & services domain. This programme will also enable students to gain in depth knowledge in the niche elective categories and courses viz. Information Security Management, IT Infrastructure Management, Software Solutions Management , and Systems.

Information Security Management addresses designing, developing & evaluating security solutions towards an information-secure and compliant organization.

IT Infrastructure Management aims at proposing, managing contemporary and integrated IT infrastructure solutions adhering to standards & compliances.

Software Solutions Management's main focus is on proposing, designing and delivering quality software solutions in a changing technical & business environment.

Systems looks at mapping clients expectations with project deliverables towards managing and delivering quality compliant and innovative IT products and services.

Programme Pattern: Total 4 semesters with industry internship after the first year. Each semester has Core Courses which are mandatory and Elective Courses which could be chosen from 4 different categories viz. Information Security Management , IT Infrastructure Management, Software Solutions Management , and Systems.

This thread offers an ideal opportunity for a healthy interaction with the current students of the institute. You are free to address any queries related to SCIT on this forum. Common topics which would be discussed here would be regarding the admission process, academics, infrastructure, faculty etc... So, please begin shooting your queries. We would be more than happy to answer them, thus providing you valuable insights into this esteemed institution.

For further details, please visit our website: www.scit.edu

We wish you all the very best and hope to guide you well throughout your journey

Regards,

Admissions Team,

Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune

What is the cut off for scit..??
i have a gap of 1 yr in 12th nd 1 yr in b tech...nd i'm a fresher with a profile of 10th-86 % 12th-66% nd btech 65 %...will it effect my admisson even if i clear the cut off..thnkxx.

Hi Guys,

Following is the link to an App Developed by SCIT to aid the candidates in preparing for SNAP and other entrance exams.

You can download and install it on your android phones.

Hope it helps you in your preparation for SNAP and other entrance exams.

All the best !!😃

Srikanth Murali

SCIT Class Of '14 | Admissions Team |

Can any1 assist me regarding the recent placements and avg pay package at SCIT??

I really wana apply for this institute but I need some genuine reviews..

PLS HELP

@pratikshah88

Can any1 assist me regarding the recent placements and avg pay package at SCIT??

I really wana apply for this institute but I need some genuine reviews..

PLS HELP

Hi,

The placement statistics for the 2011-2013 batch has been put up on the website.

The link for the same is

Srikanth Murali

Hi guys,

You can now post your admission queries on facebook too.
The following is the link to our admission queries page on facebook.Kindly like the page for using it as a platform for asking queries related to the SCIT admission process.

Srikanth Murali

Hello guys,

Following is the link to our Director's Blog.

You can visit the same for getting more insights on SCIT along with information on various accolades and awards won by the institution as well as the students.You will also find interesting information on the various events and happenings at SCIT.

Hope you find it useful!!

Thanks,

Srikanth Murali

Hello everyone, from site of SCIT, there are 4 specializtions iin MBA program , ITM , Systems and two others, if I want to be an HR then is it a suitable colege ? do they offer HR specialization ????

Hi,i am from commerce background (B Com) with 2 years of experience in Accounting.Can i apply and what are my chances??Is it essential to have IT in academics or in work exp to get into??pls reply

Hello Guys,

Following is the link to our SCIT-SNAP Query portal.You can use this portal to ask queries to our Director,Faculty Members or Current Students.I hope you find it useful and make the best use of it..!!😁

http://admissions.scit.edu/

Note:

Please copy-paste the link on your address bar if the hyperlink doesnt work..!!

Srikanth Murali

Hows the internship scenario in SCIT? I got the news from some of the current students that it is not at all encouraging, compared to other institutes in same campus

Hi,

Following is a blog post by our Director about the current SCIT placement season.Hope you find it useful..!! 😁😁

Srikanth Murali

Hi aspirants, here is the link for the SCIT admission queries in face book.Like the page and be updated with the latest information. Thank You.

@srikanthm1987 can mechanical engineering students apply to scit ?????????????

How will you like to rate your SNAP test experience in terms of difficulty level??

Hi,

I am an IT Enng graduate with 2.3 yrs of work ex, so I qualify for the PGDM exec program, I have given SNAP this year and applied to SCIT as well, My question is which program will be considered for, the regular one or the exec ?

@myownd1989

Hi,

I am an IT Enng graduate with 2.3 yrs of work ex, so I qualify for the PGDM exec program, I have given SNAP this year and applied to SCIT as well, My question is which program will be considered for, the regular one or the exec ?

Hi,

You will be considered for the MBA(ITBM) Program if you have applied through SNAP.

There is a separate admission process for PGDITBM and Executive program.Hope this answer's your query.. 😃

Srikanth Murali

can i apply now for scit or reg. has closed???

@LIKECOLD93

can i apply now for scit or reg. has closed???

Hi,

I am really sorry.It wont be possible for you to apply for SCIT now (for the MBA(ITBM) Program).

Kindly visit the SNAP website periodically to keep yourself updated in case the registration link opens (Difficult though).

In case you have more than 18 months of IT related work ex,You can apply for the PGDITBM program later.Please visit the following link for details on the same.

Srikanth Murali