[2014-2016] MBE, Deptt. of Business Economics [DBE], DU Admissions

About MBE:* *In 1973, the Department of Business Economics under University of Delhi,pioneered the Masters Program in Business Economics, MBE. Since then the Department has become a centre of excellence, imparting quality education to the …

About MBE:

In 1973, the Department of Business Economics under University of Delhi,pioneered the Masters Program in Business Economics, MBE. Since then the Department has become a centre of excellence, imparting quality education to the students. The eclectic blend of faculty, academicians, researchers and professionals drawn from India and abroad, with their vast pool of managerial expertise distinguishes the Department from others and gives it an exalted stature. Today, it boasts of an illustrious alumni base of over a thousand individuals who have made their mark in various capacities in the corporate world as well as in the academia. Other than MBE, which is the Department's flagship course, it also administers the Bachelors, M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs in this discipline and has also initiated the same programs for many other universities.

Admission Procedure:

CAT Results will be used for shortlisting candidates. So a candidate has to appear for the Common Admission Test(CAT) conducted by the IIMs. (IIMs have no role in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.)

Eligibility Condition:

Graduates (Under 10+2+3) in any discipline, with at least 50% ( Minimum 45% for SC/ST) marks in Graduation from the University of Delhi or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with Maths/Business Maths at class XII level. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's Degree examination in 2012 can also apply.

Criterion For Shortlisting For GD/PI:

Candidates from General category should have at least 90 percentile in CAT to be shortlisted for GD/PI.

Sectional cutoffs in CAT percentile results would be further applied for short-listing General Category candidates for GD/PI.

Short-listing will be done on the basis of candidates' CAT percentile and marks scored in Class X and Class XII Examinations.

Candidates with the following undergraduate degrees will receive extra weightage:

o B. Com. (Hons.),

o B. A. (Hons.) (Economics),

o B. A. (Hons.) (Business Economics),

o BBE,

o BBS and

o Bachelor Finance and Investment Analysis.

Intake:

The intake of the course is 82 students inclusive of all the reservations.

The following weightage-system will be followed for short-listing for GD/PI:

CAT Percentile - Weightage – 75%

Marks obtained in Class-X - Weightage – 10%

Marks obtained in Class-XII - Weightage – 10%

Marks obtained in Mathematics/Business Mathematics in Class-XII Examination -Weightage – 2.50%

Candidates with the above mentioned Graduate Degrees - Weightage – 2.50%

The following weightage-system will be followed for short-listing for final selection:

CAT Score - Weightage – 60%

Marks obtained in Class-X - Weightage – 5%

Marks obtained in Class-XII - Weightage – 5%

Marks obtained in Group Discussion - Weightage – 10%

Marks obtained in Personal Interview - Weightage – 20%

Grading system adopted for 10th and 12th marks last year:

95% and above- 10

90% to 95% - 9 and so on.

Less than 50% - 0

Last year's Index Cutoff for general category: 87.88

How To Apply:

The candidates can apply online at: http://www.assoftwaregroup.com/admission.aspx from September 23, 2013.

Also, they can buy Admission Brochures from Monday to Friday(10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) at a price of Rs. 1,000 (for SC/ST/PC at Rs. 500) for one programme , and Rs. 1,700 (for SC/ST at Rs. 800) for two programmes from Department of Business Economics, Room No. 229, Arts Faculty Building, University of Delhi, South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi 110021. The application form duly completed can be sent via post or submitted in person so as to reach latest by December 16, 2013.

The Admission brochure can also be requested through post by sending a Demand Draft in favour of "Director, University of Delhi South Campus" payable at New Delhi of Rs. 1800/- (Rs. 900/- for SC/ST/PC) for two programmes and Rs. 1100/- (Rs. 600/- for SC/ST/PC) for a single programme to the Admission Coordinator, Room No. 229, First Floor, Arts Faculty Building, University of Delhi, South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi 110021 so as to reach latest by December 05,2013.

Why MBE ?

Course is tailored on the similar patterns of the program at Harvard Business School

Excellent faculty-mostly all have done PhDs

Recognition from Delhi University (DU ranked The Best University in India by India Today - Nielsen Survey - http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story_image.jsp?img=/images/stories/2011August/univ2-large_080611120418.jpg&caption;=The%20Top%2010%20Universities)

Student community is very talented and comes from various backgrounds

Apart from the academic front, we all participate in seminars, business plan competitions and other social events

One of the unique course which offers Econometrics

Placements:

http://www.mbe-du.org/prevrecruit.php

Important dates:

Sale of forms: October 14, 2013

Last Date of sale of forms as well as submission: December 16, 2013( up to 5 PM)

Deadline for online submission: December 16(up to 12 PM)

Last year's admission notice:

http://pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/2013-2015-mbe-deptt-business-economics-du-admissions-t-87328/?page=1

Contact Details:

Department Of Business Economics,

University Of Delhi, South Campus,

Benito Juarez Road, Dhaula Kuan,

New Delhi-110021

Tel: 011-24111141,24118854(direct),24111955,24112503,Ext 277,286

Email - [email protected]

Do check the website for batch profile and other information - http://www.mbe-du.org/

If you have anything else to ask, do post here. All the best for CAT 2013.

Prateek Jain

Masters in Business Economics,

Department of Business Economics,

University of Delhi

WHAT was the cut off for general this year

Alert: The forms are out from today. You can collect them from the department.

@Prateek131 : could u please elaborate about the course and opportunities offered by corporate to the graduates of MBE!!!!!!!!!

I have given CAT on 16th October 2013 and the result will be out on 14th January 2014; so can i apply for MBE for the academic year 2014-16?

Thanks

@Prateek131 can you comment on the average placement of MBE...and the CAT cut-off %ile for call for gd/pi.

cutoff for nc obc last yr for mfc mbe?

Is this course equivalent to MBA... Like, Can we apply to the posts requiring "MBA or equivalent" after MBE? Thanks, in advance !

For the 12th marks they have mentioned best of 4 (including english and maths).but they have not mentioned anythng about 10th marks. so should we give best of 5 marks or the average of all the subjects???

Can i expect a call for GD/PI with a index of 86-88.

Do we have to send caste certificate along with the dd and application???

In order to apply,is it essential to have maths as one of the subjects in class 12.

Instead of mathematics,I had hindi as my optional in class 12. I am a b.com(hons.) student frm du.. batch-2011-13.

For any queries link to FB group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236961036462211/

@Prateek131 : HI Prateek, can you pls temme my index score and wat %ile in cat wud fetch me a call from MBE ..

10TH : 85%

12TH COMMERCE : 84.5%( BEST 4 INCLUDING MATHS AND ENGLISH)

GRADS : BA HONS ECONOMICS DU, 62 %

MATH 12TH : 64%

CATEGORY : GENERAL

Thanx in advance 😃

@Prateek131
10 : 89.2
12: 79.8 (NON MEDICAL)
BEST FOUR INCLUDING ENG AND MATHS : 83.7
MATHS : 84
GRAD B .TECH : 64.4
CATEGORY GENERAL
PLEASE TELL ME MY INDEX SCORE AND CAT % ,,I SHOULD SCORE .... TO GET A CALL FROM MFC...
THNANKS..

Could anyone tell something about MBE course and how it is different from regular MBA? Also please tell the no. of general seats available? Thanks.

there has been written that sectional cut off will be applied .. can u please tell me what are expected sectional cut offs of both sections.. because i am expecting less in qa ..
thank you

hi puys, in the form they have mentioned percentage marks in Maths/Business Maths- so do we have to mention the marks obtained in maths or aggregate marks with maths as a subject?

Thanks in advance :D

1.what was the last year's cutoff for sc category?

2.fees structure?

plz help