[2013-2015] SIG Admission Help desk

Dear All this is the official thread of SIG Pune. Request you all participants to ask your query here. About SIG:-SIG has been a leading Geoinformatics educational institution of India since the year 2004. Our courses have been aimed at not mere…

Dear All this is the official thread of SIG Pune. Request you all participants to ask your query here.
About SIG:-SIG has been a leading Geoinformatics educational institution of India since the year 2004. Our courses have been aimed at not merely educating students but to create competent and expert human resources to meet the ever-growing demand of digitization, environmental impact, GIS development, map analysis, remote sensing, watershed management, photogrammetric mapping, navigation and e-governance.
Last Date to Register:- 31st Jan 2013
@rohansigh23 said:
Dear All this is the official thread of SIG Pune. Request you all participants to ask your query here.About SIG:-SIG has been a leading Geoinformatics educational institution of India since the year 2004. Our courses have been aimed at not merely educating students but to create competent and expert human resources to meet the ever-growing demand of digitization, environmental impact, GIS development, map analysis, remote sensing, watershed management, photogrammetric mapping, navigation and e-governance.Last Date to Register:- 31st Jan 2013
Dear All participants :

Just adding to my earlier post : All students interested for second and third round of GD/PI sessions needs to apply for SIG from our website : www.sig.ac.in. People who have not applied for SNAP can also register and then SIG will call you guys for second round of GD/PI. Important dates for GD/PI : 19th to 22nd april 2013 for 2nd round. 3rd round of GD/PI would be from 18th May to 20th May 2013.
@rohansigh23 Wow thats great...you mean those of us who havent managed the SNAP test are still eligible to apply to SIG???
@ArwindV yeah even i have heard this news

In fact...I would like to share that I was intrigued by the Geo informatics domain ...especially in USA its a big thing....But in India you rarely find a course......With SIG I was pleasantly surprised at the plethora of opportunities that have opened up

Doing a niche course like MSC in geoinformatics helps break the clutter and establish yourselves in your corporate lives more easily....Thats what I think

@rohansigh23 : Is their any other change in the eligibility criteria??

@abhay123sinha: I also believe the geoinformatics domain has a lot of potential but how much of it applies to india remains to be seen

@@abhay123sinha: have you applied bro...what has been the response in admissions so far

@abhay123sinha: have you applied bro...hows the scene so far

can someone share a few details on the course / program at SIG...also the link with the admission details?

@ArwindV you can check the SIG website for details:)

Non SNAP students should grab on ...its a welcome respite against opting for a lower category B school

Can someone shed light on the scope of GIS in India??

How's the growth?? What's the average salary a guy can earn after 2 years in the GIS sector???
I am an MBA aspirant..but looking at the current scenario..m scared to take up MBA...

Also please tell me what would be my designation at the entry level???

companies that come for summer internships???

@rakesh.p.nair hi...the scenario for GIS in India....well this is my opinion
GIS is still at a nascent stage, growing exponentially but stably and this is probably the best time to enter GIS domaiin. Considering the recession faced by other sectors and the saturation that they are witnessing. A good degree in MSC from places like Symbiosis can open opportunities here as well as abroad
@rakesh.p.nair Dude this is an opinion I have formed on the basis of quite a few friends who have opted for a similar path and have established themselves positively
@rakesh.p.nair regarding the placement and opportunities ...well there are several opportunities due to GIS applications extended over multiple sectors.. Here is a link on the SIG website that gives a brief picture of the GIS domain
http://sig.ac.in/quick-links/careers-in-gis.html