[2013-2015] SICSR MBA/MSc Admission Queries

Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR) established in 1985, is a reputed educational institute located in Pune, India and was one of the first Institutes in Maharashtra to offer high quality computer education… It offers pos…

Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR) established in 1985, is a reputed educational institute located in Pune, India and was one of the first Institutes in Maharashtra to offer high quality computer education.. It offers postgraduate and undergraduate degrees in the fields of computer and information technology and is part of the Symbiosis Society. In 2002, SICSR became a constituent of Symbiosis International University (SIU) as a deemed university. It also has its own wiki for students to refer and contribute on a common platform. SICSR is celebrating its 27th year. SICSR has outstanding IT infrastructure available to support the programmes besides its excellent book collection and reference library.

SICSR is located in the heart of Pune City. Our location, our broad portfolio of academic IT programmes, our talented and diverse student body, and our dedicated faculty members work together to create an educational experience that is relevant, enriching, and uniquely Symbiosis.

Our Vision
SICSR shall be the leading Techno-Management Institution in the field of Information Technology.

Our Mission
SICSR shall continuously improve the quality of academic programmes and create a unique environment conducive for the overall development of students.

Every year SICSR has been designing and adding various modular courses, certificate courses, diploma courses as postgraduate/undergraduate programmes according to the needs of the industry. Currently SICSR offers the following programmes:
• Master of Business Administration in Information Technology (MBA-IT)
• Master of Science in Computer Applications (MSc-CA)

Goals for PG Programmes:
1. Expected to provide industry ready professionals
2. Our Aim is to “Build IT leaders for the IT industry worldwide”
3. Professionals who are productive on Day One
4. Leverage Technology to meet Business Goals
The institute reviews its course content depending on current industry needs, with technology-enabled learning as a crucial part of this experience. It has been playing a pioneering role in professionalising Indian management through its Post Graduate, Doctoral level programs and Research Activities. The thought process at SICSR is student centric, knowledge based and socially responsible.
We at SICSR feel..
• As a part of the University, it is our primary responsibility to create knowledge.
• As a part of the Society, we have to contribute to the betterment of the society.
• As an Educational Institute, we focus on student's holistic development.
If you are considering IT education, we invite you to explore Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR). To know more about SICSR please follow the link http://sicsr.ac.in/

Rendezvous:
SICSR has launched a new campaign to make the masses aware about the courses offered by SICSR. It is all about getting the SNAP aspirants to get an overview about the tech-centric courses offered by SICSR and any aspirant aiming to have a successful career in IT. It is an informal interactive event wherein the Rendezvous team of SICSR organises seminars for the aspirants and provides a platform for the aspirants to interact and clarify any queries if they have any.

The purposes of the event are as follows:
• To clarify any doubt the students might have regarding SNAP and SICSR Pune in specific and also other MBA related queries.
• To give them a feel of SNAP by conducting a mock SNAP during the session.
Please follow the following link to register for the same

Hi,

what us the expected cutoff's in SICSR and what is the average package during placements

@sumitrawal1629 said:

Hi,

what us the expected cutoff's in SICSR and what is the average package during placements

Hey the cutoff was not disclosed but as SNAP exam was more difficult last year so it was very low Student who got less marks were also given chance for GD PI...:)
@sumitrawal1629
@sumitrawal1629 said:

Hi,

what us the expected cutoff's in

SICSR and what is the average package during placements

Hi.
The SNAP paper was really tough last year so all the colleges under Symbiosis University had a drop in their cut-off's by at least 25% and the cut-off varies from course to course in the same college itself. Also if you are looking forward to an MBA in IT specific courses the colleges that offer the same under Symbiosis University had almost the same cut-off last year for our batch(the final list depends more on the GD-PI than the cut-off)

The curriculum has gone through a vast improvement this year. Our seniors got placed for 6 months internships during their final semester however from the current 2012-14 batch the internship scenario has changed and the current batch will have to go through a 2-3 months summer-internship between the 1st and the 2nd year. At the end of the 2 year course the students will be offered a placement. The 2010-12 batch are in the process of being placed. Hence the complete stats for the seniors have not been disclosed yet. Please refer the following link for 2009-11 placement stats
http://sicsr.ac.in/placementstats_9-11_mba.php

All the best for you SNAP exam. Prepare well.

what was d cut-off last year?

@ishan.sarag buddy cut off was not declared for any symbiosis colleges other than top three but for sicsr it was very low.
@vb240388 which is better for MBA(IT) SICSR or SCIT? Which of these 2 hav lower cut-off?
Confused regarding which college to prefer for MBA(IT)...
Pls help.
Hi,
I am SICSR MBA IT aspirant. My Academic details are as follows:
X : 77.60 %
XII : 57:00 %
B.Sc. I.T. 67.17%
I have 2 years of programming experience in IT company. I have applied for SNAP 2012.
What are my chances to get into SICSR? or what % would I required to get into SICSR?
What is d avg package SICSR providing to experienced candidates??
Plzz reply...
Thanks & Regards,
Manoj
@ishan.sarag
if interested in coding choose SICSR otherwise SCIT is better, but fee is higher there.

I dnt wanna do coding anymore. I hav had enuf of it in BE

@TargetingMBA Its not about coding in sicsr its about learning basics programming skills as an IT person.
@ishan.sarag See SCIT offers MBA-ITBM that is Buisness management.And SICSR offers MBA-IT.
Both have different specializations
With SICSR curriculum you could get Banking and Finance management.
Data warehousing And Business Intelligence.
And
Software Process Management

As these are all in much demand.

Where as SCIT offers all Specialization relating to IT.

You can check youself

So It's upto you that which field you wish to go.
@Manojp24
Being an 2 years experience you hold a good chance to get select in SICSR.
No your HSC % won't pose a much problem just chill.
Including estimate you could estimate a total expenditure of 6 lacs.
Average package range from 4-6 lacs.
Can go much higher also.
@ishan.sarag Don't worry about coding it is just basic coding which you must be knowing.

It is just basics to bring non engineering students equivalent to IT professional people.
@vb240388 pls send me link regarding syllabus at SICSR..
@ishan.sarag said:
@vb240388 which is better for MBA(IT) SICSR or SCIT? Which of these 2 hav lower cut-off? Confused regarding which college to prefer for MBA(IT)... Pls help.
Hi Ishan,

SICSR and SCIT are sister colleges and both provide different specializations like SICSR offer's "Banking & finance", "Data warehousing & Business Intelligence" and "Software Process Management" and SCIT offers "Systems", "Information security management", "Software solution management", and "IT infrastructure management". So their is no comparison between these two college. And if you want to be manger or BA in a IT company then you should have some knowledge of coding just because of this both the college's have a mixture of technical subjects and Management subjects. And it is demand of the market also. I suggest that you should choose the colleges as per the sub specialization offered. Last year SICSR cut-off was low and its is always a small difference in both colleges cut-off so I can't predict about this year cut-off by looking at last years.

The syllabus have been changed this year so I can't provide you the e-source of syllabus but as I said we have 50-50 ratio of technical subjects and Management subjects.

I suggest you should attend Rendezvous with SICSR to clarify all you doubts about SNAP and Courses offered by SICSR.

Facebook link:- http://www.facebook.com/RendezvousSicsr

Cheers

@ishan.sarag
@vb240388
@cool.ruchi

Agree, learning coding in one semester is OK but what if you have to learn and do coding in almost three semesters & that too in deep and again if you won't get internship you have to do project in college which is again based on coading.
See, please tell the original facts to aspirants, you yourself know the depth of programming level as you are going through that phase. Its really tough for non technical students and most parts are never tought even during engineering in most of the universities.
In most of the cases student opt this college only because of symbiosis brand-name , if they have clear picture then SICSR would get correct candidates.
And regarding syllabus of SICSR & SCIT its true that there is no comparison because if you look carefully, the optional subjects like BI & banking, its already there in their core subjects and in addition to that if somebody is intrested in Infrastructure or Information security then they can go for different specialization accordingly(and off course they can bypass coding). Their course is much more flexible Then SICSR.
But SCIT prefers experienced candidates to freshers and give profile based calls and their fees is much higher then SICSR.....

@ishan.sarag Apply For both SCIT and SICSR.
@vb240388 I am also doing the same...
Actually I was thinking to apply to GIM (Goa Institute of Management)
But GIM's Fees for PGDM is about 12 L so I was thinking instead of tat its better to apply both SICSR and SCIT..
Wat's say guys..? :-)