[2013-2015] [Official] SITM, Pune Admissions Queries and Discussions

Welcome to the official “SITM 2013-15” Admission Queries and Discussions thread on Pagalguy ! SITM, Pune is the pioneer in the field of Telecom Management in the entire SAARC region started in 1996. It has also received €˜Best Domain-specific…

Welcome to the official "SITM 2013-15" Admission Queries and Discussions thread on Pagalguy !

SITM, Pune is the pioneer in the field of Telecom Management in the entire SAARC region started in 1996. It has also received €˜Best Domain-specific B-School €™ award by Bloomberg-UTV in 2012. In nutshell, we are 'Mecca' in the field of Telecom.

SITM offers the Two Year Full Time:
Masters in Business Administration - Telecom Management [MBA - TM] in the following specializations:
-Systems and Finance
-Marketing and Finance

Admission forms for SITM are out and one can fill the form online on college website i.e. "www.sitm.ac.in"

SNAP Registration (www.snaptest.org)
Last Date of Online Registration 20th November 2012
Date of SNAP Test 16th December 2012, Time: 2pm to 4pm
Result of SNAP Test 10th January 2013

SITM Registration Details (www.sitm.ac.in)
Online Registration Begins 01st September 2012
Last Date of Online Registration 09th January 2013

Meanwhile, feel free to post whatever queries you have in mind and they will be answered as early as possible.

We kindly request you to refrain from making comparisons of any kind and avoid any other such comments which would be inappropriate for the public forum.

Last year (2012-2014) thread link :
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/sitm-2012-2014-admission-queries-25072356/2950302

All the very Best for your preparation.

Regards,
Team Admissions
SITM, Pune

SITM website : www.sitm.ac.in
Email : [email protected]
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/symbiosis.sitm
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/Symbiosis_SITM

Hi can you tell me about the last year cut off and placement packages?

Hi can you tell me about the last year cut off and placement packages?

@mbajamesbond said: Hi can you tell me about the last year cut off and placement packages?
The exact cutoffs for different categories were not disclosed. But, i can get in touch with the respective department for the same and let you know by tomorrow.

You can check the placement stats on the below link :

http://sitm.ac.in/Placement_details.asp
@hTc said:
The exact cutoffs for different categories were not disclosed. But, i can get in touch with the respective department for the same and let you know by tomorrow.You can check the placement stats on the below link :sitm.ac.in/Placement_details.a...
Also if possible let me know last years cut off.Thanks
@mbajamesbond said:
Also if possible let me know last years cut off.Thanks
Yes that is what i am saying. I would ask the concerned authority and let you know about the last year cutoffs.

hey i am engineer from electronics ...Is this a college good for engineers...also what are we actually supposed to learn here..is it related to engineering & MBA or simply MBA?

i have registered for sitm. during registration i have selected marketing and finance as specalisation. please answer my questions
1. which one is good marketing and finance or systems and finance(in terms of placements, cut off etc...)?
2. what was the range of scores in which students were admitted last year?
3. what is the gd/pi call and final conversion ratio?
3. is doing an mba in telecom management means limiting my scope to telecom sector only? are only telecom companies recruting from the campus? do any psu's come for campusing?
4. does companies have any age restriction or other restrictions while recruting?

Diff. Between these two Specializations:

a)SYSTEM & FINANCE
b)SYSTEM & MARKETING
In terms of program structure,placements,background of students and work experience
@Icemankimi said: hey i am engineer from electronics ...Is this a college good for engineers...also what are we actually supposed to learn here..is it related to engineering & MBA or simply MBA?
Dear Icemankimi,

The college is good not only for engineers but for everyone. However, if you have experience related to telecom, then you can have the edge over others.

SITM offers MBA in Telecom Management with two specializations which are Systems and Finance & Marketing and Finance and both are equally good.

The course encompasses all the aspects of management education. The course curriculum covers Finance, IT and Marketing. There are additional subjects related to telecom field.

There is a regular mba too apart from mba in TC

@smcetguy said: i have registered for sitm. during registration i have selected marketing and finance as specalisation. please answer my questions 1. which one is good marketing and finance or systems and finance(in terms of placements, cut off etc...)? 2. what was the range of scores in which students were admitted last year? 3. what is the gd/pi call and final conversion ratio? 4. is doing an mba in telecom management means limiting my scope to telecom sector only? are only telecom companies recruting from the campus? do any psu's come for campusing? 5. does companies have any age restriction or other restrictions while recruting?
Hi smcetguy,

1) Both specializations are equally good. Cut off is slighly higher by 3-4 marks (generally!) for Marketing & Finance as compared to system & Finance because of the word 'Marketing' and applicants flock around it. Take it easy. Companies hire candidates from both the streams and both sterams are given equal imporatance.

You can find the placement stats from the link below (combined for both streams):
http://www.sitm.ac.in/Placement_details.asp

2) The exact cut off has not been declared by the Institute this year. However, you can consider the range around 60 or so (approx). Mine was 70.75, by the way. We are also in touch with the respective dept. and will let everyone know once we have it.

3) Around 800-900 applicants were called for the GE PI. Thus, you have the answer.

4) SITM offers MBA in Telecom Management and thus most of the recruiters come to the campus are from telecom domain. It is a niche course and not every other college offers it. (You can take it as a plus!). Profile being offerd includes Consultant, Project Manager, Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Presales, Product Manager to name few.

YOu can find the list of recruiters from the link below :
http://www.sitm.ac.in/Placement_list_of_recruiters.asp

5) Shortlisting criteria varies from comoany to compnay. Some might ask for the work experience while others give equal wightage to fresher and candidate with work exp. Then, steer through the GD and PI is all your responsibility.

Hope I have answered your questions. A T B for the SNAP.
@mbajamesbond said: There is a regular mba too apart from mba in TC
No, SITM offers regular MBA in Telecom Management with two specializations only i.e Systems and Finance & Marketing and Finance.
@ankit043 said: Diff. Between these two Specializations:
a)SYSTEM & FINANCE
b)SYSTEM & MARKETING
In terms of program structure,placements,background of students and work experience
As you know, SITM offers MBA (TM) with two specializations which are Systems and Finance & Marketing and Finance and BOTH are equally good. Companies recruit candidates from both the streams. You can find the link of our placement stats from the previous posts. We study around 50 subjects during 2 years and barring 7-8 subjects, rest are common to both specializations.

The course encompasses all the aspects of management education. The course curriculum covers Finance, IT and Marketing. There are additional subjects related to telecom field. Core courses in Finance are common to all students, whereas System Specialization courses and Marketing Specialization courses will be applicable to respective course specialization.

SITM has a specialized CISCO Lab and has signed up with CISCO for an academic partnership in the CNAP program. The entire CCNA program is thus incorporated into the Systems Specialization. From this year, SITM has also started offering certification courses like CAPM and Etom to Marketing & Finance students whereas System & Finance students are being offered ITIL and Etom certifications.

In addition, System Specialization focuses on subjects related to technology (& management within) and it offers profiles related to IT and Marketing specialization focuses on subjects like brand mgmt, retail, sales and profiles will be like presales, sales, business development etc..

You can find the programme structure from the link below:
http://www.sitm.ac.in/Academic_MBA_Programmes_Specilizations.asp

We have students from Engineering, Commerce, Bio tech backgrounds to name few. Thus diversity is welcomed here. SITM is interested in each and every applicant who can carry forward its 16 year long legacy.

Hope I have cleared your doubt satisfactory. Let me know in case of any confusion.
@kaushal1988 yuppp ....and what about Fees Structure???....On the website it is not declared.....And tell abt Accomodation there....Hostel,Total Capacity and it's fees....and is there any criteria of getting it???
@ankit043 said:
@kaushal1988 yuppp ....and what about Fees Structure???....On the website it is not declared.....And tell abt Accomodation there....Hostel,Total Capacity and it's fees....and is there any criteria of getting it???
Fee structure will be updated soon, as it is under revision. However, just give you an idea, it's 9 Lacs for out batch which includes our college, hostel, mess fees etc..

Hostels are pretty cool here with all the basic amenities. It's a fully residential course and need not to worry about it.
@kaushal1988 achha okk....and thanks for all this...i'm looking forward to join this college....trying hard to score well in SNAP...
@ankit043 said:
@kaushal1988 achha okk....and thanks for all this...i'm looking forward to join this college....trying hard to score well in SNAP...
You're always welcome. Good luck with your preparation !!

on the sitm website the fee structure is showed as COMING SOON !!! does that mean its gonna hike !!! as its already about 9 lacs