[2013 -2015] NITIE GD/PI Experiences

All the best to everyone for NITIE interviews which has started already and please use thread to post your experiences. For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this: PROFILE: Acads: X - XII - Undโ€ฆ

All the best to everyone for NITIE interviews which has started already and please use thread to post your experiences.

For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this:

PROFILE:

Acads:
X -
XII -
Undergrad Major - GPA/%age

Work-Ex:
NIL/Sector - Number of Months

CAT Score:
Overall -
QA+DI -
VA + LR -

GD:
Topic:
Number of Ppl present
Time:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:
Other Salient Details: As whether summary was asked to be written or not, Time given, and other stuff.

PI for PGDIM/PGDISEM/PGDITM:
Panel Members Intro: (Pls no names)
Questions:

Misc.:
Any other relevant details like hobbies, etc.

Request:
1. Kindly do not post anything other than your experiences of NITIE GD-PI.
2. Please do mention your background and hobbies as it might help us understand why a specific question was put up to you.
3. For appreciating an interview post use thank button, or if you want to show more, use PM.
4. Please post any query here http://www.pagalguy.com/posts/5051856 OR PM the concerned user. Please don't post it here else it would be removed.
5. Most importantly, no spamming
Link for Previous year's GD/PI experiences.
2012-2014 - http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/2012-2014-nitie-gd-slash-pi-e-t-79758/p-3328195?page=1
2011-2013 - http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/2011-2013-nitie-gd-slash-pi-experiences-t-63895/p-2596739/r-2632891

All in all, keep this thread for what it is meant!
PROFILE:

Acads:
X - 92
XII -89
Undergrad Major - 79%

Work-Ex: Telecom
NIL/Sector - 23 Months

CAT Score:
Overall -99.08

GD:
Topic: "CSR is a myth or reality?"
Number of Ppl present: 10
Time:15 mins ( I guess)

Good topic.. 15 mins enough 4 discussion. Luckily, no fish-market. Various points from why corporate, examples (plus & minus), brand image upliftment attempt etc. covered. In all, healthy discussion.

Other Salient Details:
4 Panelists . But 1 was I guess snoring.. but rest looked very strict. Those who talked less were specifically asked to summarize (3 out of 10)

PI for PGDIM/PGDISEM/PGDITM:
Panel Members Intro: 3 panelists ( no idea abt names)
Questions:
1. Introduce yourself
2. Why PGDIM? Why NITIE?
3. Why MBA?
4. Some Work-ex pe questions
5. Questions on BE project+ MATLAB (software that I had used), how special is it? can't you do the same project with excel etc.?
6.Tabla questions ( I mentioned as my hobby)
7. I had participated in a TV show. So, questions on that..handled well,,but suddenly went into applying TV show experiences into management decisions

Misc.:
lasted 15-20 mins.
No stress. Helpful Admission Committee fellows.
No AC though. So, think before wearing suit in humid Mumbai
@amolkhavaskar what Qs they asked you abt matlab? and abt your project? plz ellaborate
@amolkhavaskar thanks for sharing...
@amolkhavaskar:were you grilled regarding your B.E. Project on technical...were they cross checking,digging deeper into technical intricacies ..plz reply..
I too have almost same work ex...and after long time coming back to Be project details does become difficult for our fellow profile types...

anyways plz reply and give ur suggestions regarding your experience in detail on this issue and preperation tips for Be Project wala question....

would be of great help to all.....cheers and best off luck for final convert.........!
Request all fellow puys to plz give detailed explaination of Be project Questions asked. while shariing their experience ..I mean are they just listening to your details you present,or are they asking on other related stuff on project say allied technlogy,time limit involved in this particular discussion and other pointer details...

@destiny001 YA THEY GRILL!\

@NEEDLUCK said:
@destiny001 YA THEY GRILL!\
plz share ur experience
@amolkhavaskar : Were you asked questions related to acads...??

only one experience till now??..come on guys..

Work-Ex:
NIL/Sector -IT Number of Months- 18

GD:
Topic: 'Customer is the King' is still a myth in India
Number of Ppl present: Group of 10, 7 attended
Time:2 mins to think, 11 to discuss and 2 to summarize.
Brief Snapshot of Discussion: Went well, everyone got a chance to speak due to low strength in the group. I spoke 3-4 times with good valid poits. One advice, stick to the topic and try not to create a fish market.
Other Salient Details: The panelist rang a bell when 2 mins were left to summarize. I started the summary and after completing asked others if they wanted to add anything.

PI for PGDIM/PGDISEM/PGDITM: PGDIM
Panel Members Intro: 4 panelists, 2 middle aged male professors, 2 middle aged female Professors
Questions:
1. What are you doing these days?
2. Tell us about your work?
3. Some technical stuff related to work and what standards do we follow.
4. What was your final year project?
5. Details about final year project, technical as well as business implications?
6. What is the unit of power? (Elecrical Engineering)
7. What is an Induction Machine? give definition and working principle.
8. What is a synchronous machine and a commutating machine?
9. How are these machines different from Induction machines?
10. When a motor starts, is the torque high or low?
11. Tell about a motor which has a high starting torque? Also, one which has low starting torque.
12. That's all, u may leave.

Misc.: I was surprised how smoothly it went. Infact, when they asked me to leave, I was surprised how it got over so early(laughter in the room, seeing my expression
). Thankfully, I was able to answer all of the questions, that too satisfactorily. Interview went on for 10-15 mins. No why MBA or why NITIE? They did ask some work-ex guys about simple concepts of Supply Chain Management and Operations. I wasn't one.
The process does take time for some people. I was scheduled to report at 8AM but interview took place at about 4PM. Team Impact tried their best to cut some of the exhaustion. 'Andaaz Apna Apna' was the popular choice, however, 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobaara' was played.
Director, NITIE also came once and had a talk with us. He insisted on visiting the whole campus before leaving.

PS: People visiting the campus for the first time, do take a chance to roam around
. It is worth seeing. I have been to the campus before, so left from there as soon as my process was over.

Verdict: Awaited!!
@Gryphon thanks for sharing experience
@Gryphon Are the technical questions related to your project or are you a electrical guy?
@vishwesh9 Yes. I had a purely technical interview. Technical questions related to work, final year project and acads...

Electrical Engineer
1st april 2013, 8:00 AM
PROFILE:
Acads:
X - 93%
XII - 85.6%
Undergrad Major - GPA/%age
Work-Ex: 22 months (Telecom Major)
CAT Score:
Overall -99.08
QA+DI - 97.93
VA + LR - 98.12
GD:
Topic: "Will India always stay behind China "
Number of Ppl present :10
Time: 20 mins (2 mins to think and 2 mins to conclude)
The moment this topic was selected i knew it that its gonna be a fish market and guess what saying that it was a fish market would be an understatement ๐Ÿ˜› . Nevertheless put in a few decent points.

PI for PGDIM
Panel Members Intro: (Pls no names) 3 proffs , all male. I'll call them Left (L) , Middle (M) & Right (R) in order they were seated in.
Questions:
M: Come in , have a seat.
Me: Thank you sir.
R : Introduce yourself
Me: I can now introduce myself even if i am half asleep. ๐Ÿ˜›
M : So tell me about your final year project
Me: was expecting this question (One tip for all of you, since they have this written in your form which they have it with them, do be prepared with the technical questions_
M : which version of MATLAB did you use and what type of coding is done
Me: Told
M : what is the current version?
Me: Told
R : So what do you do in your work.
Me: was feeling good that the interview was going in the direction of my work ex as most of the people were asked questions from acads.
M: So how does one plan to put a cellphone tower , the technical aspect.
Me : Gyaan hi Gyaan ๐Ÿ˜›
M : So what does your father do.
Me: He is a private investor sir.
M : So if i give you a sum of 10 lakhs how would you invest it.
Me: Asked about the duration for which they were looking for the returns.
M : 5 years.
Me: Told them how i would balance my portfolio between blue chip stocks and Mutual Funds targeting an interest rate of atleast 14-16 %
L : [For the first time ] What will be your risk profile?
Me : Sir since i have the room of 5 years on my hand i would rather not take very risky investments and go about the yellow MF's since they give a decent return in about a year , which i would reinvest to purchase some more blue chip stocks.
All 3 : Thats it we are done. Thank you.
Me : Thank you

Misc : A relaxed interview, lasted about 10 mins, have a good feeling about this one.
No need to worry about call letters , they will take care
They called us at 8 AM . The process started with presentations by the students on all the 3 courses which was followed by document verification. GD started at about 10-10:30 . I was done with my PI by 1:30 pm.

Verdict : Converted
Guys i forgot whatever i entered in the application form... any idea how to access it?
PROFILE:
Acads:
X - 79.8
XII - 90.7
Undergrad Major - 8.13 GPA/
Work-Ex:
NIL/Sector - 20 Months in TCS
NC-OBC
CAT Score:
Overall - 88.31
QA+DI - 93.3
VA + LR - 72.5
11:30 AM slot,we were shown a video about college and brief introduction about all 3 courses.
Half an hour break for lunch and then document verification and then GD.Till out chance comes for an interview we were shown movies in Auditorium :D
Firstly Zindagi na milegi dobara and later Andaz apna apna.
GD:
Topic: Mushrooming of malls in a country, Boon or bane?
Number of Ppl present : 9
Time: 2 minutes for thinking, 17 minutes for discussion and 2 minutes for conclusion
Brief Snapshot of Discussion: Everyone spoke well because there was ample of time and luckily no fish market even with an easy topic.
PI for PGDIM/PGDISEM/PGDITM: PGDIM
Panel Members Intro: 4 male professors
I was the last one in the last panel ๐Ÿ˜ž , my panel was grilling everyone for more than 40 minutes,since iam the last one it was just of 15minutes.
From now on PA for panel and Me for myself.
Questions:
PA: You were the last one right how are you feeling?
Me:Iam bit exhausted but its ok.
PA:you were just waiting,but we are non-stop talking from morning think about ourself and laughs.
Me:Smiled
PA:Which courses you applied?
Me:Only PGDIM
PA:Which college and branch?
Me:blah blah and IT
PA:why Industrial Engineering?
Me:Because i want to change my career from IT to Finance
PA:wierd looks(shit i shouldn't have said finance in nitie)
Its good to have a specialization before hand,so what insurance policy you have taken?
Me:I didn't take but my parents applied for me blah blah
PA:what is best an endowment policy or term policy?
Me:Both have its advantages and disadvantages,but endowment is better.(luckily no further questions i dont know much about it)
PA:Where do you want to invest?
Me:I do foreign exchange and will start stocks in near future
PA:which type of stocks you buy?Steady company or a company which has its highs and lows?
Me:I will start with a company which recently started and has an ability to grow,because at present i can invest only small amounts.
PA:which college is better for Finance in india?
Me:IIMC,but i didn't get call from it(i should have never said finance,because nitie is better for IT,FMCG)
PA:Which other calls you have and why nitie?
Me:I have new IIM's and NITIE,since Nitie is a good college and well established one any specialization would be better from it.
PA:Ok you may leave.
I forgot some of the questions,overall i spoke confidently but not sure regarding the finance thing,fingers crossed.
@vishalw27 ,@destiny001 ,
hey, they saw MATLAB on my profile sheet. So, they asked what are advantages of MATLAB? How diff is it from excel?
I answered with how suitable & friendly it is for engineers with in-built commands. Then, explained my BE project, how MATLAB & not excel was req.,
No cross-questioning, in-detail project related questions ( I guess, I explained them in detail- so wasn't needed).
@davidaspirant Why suddenly questions on investment? Did you mention anything about it?