[2013-2015] IMI Kolkata PGDM Admission related discussions

The process for admissions at International Management Institute, Kolkata (IMI-K) for the PGDM 2013-15 batch has started. Click here to go to the IMI-K website.Click here to download the Admission Brochure for PGDM 2013-15. *Eligibility fo…

The process for admissions at International Management Institute, Kolkata (IMI-K) for the PGDM 2013-15 batch has started. Click here to go to the IMI-K website.
Click here to download the Admission Brochure for PGDM 2013-15.

Eligibility for admission

1. Education background

To be eligible for admission to the PGDM Program, the participants must posses a Bachelors degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities for admission to post-graduate programs. The bachelors' degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years education after completing higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent. Candidates appearing in the final year of their bachelor's degree or equivalent are also eligible, provided they furnish the proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by September 28, 2013. Candidates who are unable to comply with this requirement may be asked to withdraw from the program. It is desired that candidates complete all academic requirements before joining the program to enable them to keep pace with the rigor and internal assessment schedule of the program.

2. Participant profile

Participants for the PGDM program may be from any discipline such as Engineering, Humanities, Commerce or Economics, Medicine or any other branch of education. Candidates with relevant work experience as also fresh graduates are welcome to apply.

Admission Procedure

Application form

•IMI admission Bulletin can be downloaded from our website www.imi.edu
•Application form is available at admission.imi.edu and must be submitted on line. IMI does not accept Admission applications off-line.
•Applicant should complete the online application form and submit the samealong with the admission fee which is non-refundable.
•The admission application fee will be as follows: An applicant desirous of applying to any program in any of the three campuses of IMI will be required to pay a common application fee of Rs.1500 plus a program fee of Rs.500 per program per campus.
(Eg. A candidate wishing to apply to the PGDM program at all three campuses will be required to pay Rs.1500 + (500x3) = 3,000; a candidate applying to just one program, in one campus will be required to pay Rs.1500 + 500 = 2000; a candidate applying to the PGDHRM program at Delhi campus besides any one PGDM program at any of the three campuses will be required to pay Rs.1500+(500x2) = 2500)
•The admission fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card through the designated payment gateway.
THOSE Paying fees ONLINE NEED NOT SEND ANYTHING
•Payment can also be made by Demand Draft, drawn in favor of International Management Institute, payable at New Delhi for all campuses, giving the CAT / GMAT registration number and campus reference on the reverse of the Demand Draft. In the absence of the CAT / GMAT registration number and campus reference the application will be treated as incomplete and liable to be rejected.

Admission Process

CAT
•Admission to the program is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by The Indian Institute of Management at different Centers all over the country. CAT 2012 would be held between Thursday, October 11 and Tuesday, November 6, 2012. (Refer CAT Bulletin for further details).
•IMI will obtain the test scores from the IIM for those candidates who have appeared in the CAT examination and have also applied to IMI for the PGDM program.
•IIM's have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the program.

GMAT
•Foreign students and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) at a test centre outside India, taken not earlier than October 2010 and not later than October 2012, and submit such scores while applying to IMI.
•Indian residents who have appeared for GMAT, not earlier than October 2010 and later than October 2012 are also eligible to apply.
•Candidates will be required to furnish their GMAT scores while applying and provide an attested copy of the GMAT score sheet to the Admission Office for verification. GMAT scores without the above document will not be accepted and the application may be summarily rejected.

Short listing Criteria

Candidates who have appeared for the CAT 2012 examination or furnished valid GMAT score and have applied to IMI will be short listed on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT scores (sectional and overall) or GMAT score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience. Only short listed candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process.
Applicants should note that mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria may not ensure consideration for short listing by IMI. IMI will not entertain any correspondence on this subject and decisions of the IMI Admissions Committee will be final in all matters.

Selection criteria

Past academic performance in graduation, class XII & X, Extempore speaking, Psychometric Test, Essay writing, Personal interview besides other qualitative parameters, will constitute the core components of the final stage of the selection process. The IMI Admission Committee reserves the right to modify these components while communicating the same to the applicants at the Personal Interview stage. The overall objective being to identify and assess the candidate's potential for a managerial career.

Interview Centers

Besides Delhi, the selection process will be conducted at other centers including Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar. Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. Candidates should indicate their preferred center(s) 1st and 2nd preference for interview in the application form. If a candidate's preferred centre is not allotted, for any reason, the candidate will be informed of the change. IMI reserves the right to change any of the centers for the selection process, without assigning any reasons.

Admission Offer
Admission offer to the selected candidates will be based on the assessment made during the selection process. The list of successful candidates will be announced on IMI's website. Offer letters will there after be dispatched, to the mailing address provided in the application form. Successful candidates, who have been offered admission, will be required to pay the fees as per appropriate schedule.

Scholarships

IMI Kolkata offers scholarships to selected students based on academic performance and financial considerations.

Please post all your queries on this thread. The IMI Kolkata student fraternity is here to address them.

what was the batch strength and cutoff percentile this year?

@himansu201 said:
what was the batch strength and cutoff percentile this year?
The cut-off percentile for the 2012-14 batch was 75 percentile. The batch strength is 27.

what is the total annual hostel fee including food?

@himansu201 said:
what is the total annual hostel fee including food?
Hostel fee is ‚š5000 per month, and mess charges are ‚š3000 per month

Hi, I have applied for IMI Kolkata, can u pls detail on the selection procedure undertaken by IMI? Also, pls highlight the average salary packages received by students.

My Profile
Xth - 85.2%, XIIth - 63.9%, Grad - NIFT Hyderabad(2009) 7.7 CGPA.
Work Ex - 3 yrs with one of the leading apparel retailers of the country..
What are my chances.. as in does my profile fit in for selection?

Hi Puy

It depends on factors such as your CAT %ile and interview performance as well.You can go through the admission criteria for the last year on our website.We have three courses and you can opt for the one you wish to.The details of the courses can also be found out on our website attached herein.
http://www.imi-k.edu...
Best of luck

can please let me know the average package ?

@9udaybhasker said:
can please let me know the average package ?
The first batch will be passing out in 2013. I will let you know the average package once their placements are done.
@Akmbaspirant said:
Hi, I have applied for IMI Kolkata, can u pls detail on the selection procedure undertaken by IMI? Also, pls highlight the average salary packages received by students.My ProfileXth - 85.2%, XIIth - 63.9%, Grad - NIFT Hyderabad(2009) 7.7 CGPA.Work Ex - 3 yrs with one of the leading apparel retailers of the country..What are my chances.. as in does my profile fit in for selection?
Once the CAT results are out, IMI-K will come up with a list of short-listed candidates for GD/PI. Your final selection depends on your performance in it. Your profile is good enough for final selection provided you do justice in the GD/PI phase. The first batch will pass out in 2013. I'll let you know the average package, once their placements are done.
@ap_imik said:
Once the CAT results are out, IMI-K will come up with a list of short-listed candidates for GD/PI. Your final selection depends on your performance in it. Your profile is good enough for final selection provided you do justice in the GD/PI phase. The first batch will pass out in 2013. I'll let you know the average package, once their placements are done.
Thanks!!

Hi.

What is the CAT cut off for IMI KOL and IMI BSSR?
And what is their respective batch size?

The CAT cut off %ile was 75 last year for IMI-K and the current batch size is 26

Hi..
What is the last day to fill the IMI-K form?

@john9165 said:
Hi..What is the last day to fill the IMI-K form?
The last day for filling up the form is not yet announced for IMI Kolkata. It will remain open till the end of January, most probably.
@dumb4cat said:
@ap_imik Can you please tell when will the placements be declared in its website as placement season for batch 2011-13 is almost over. Many are eagerly waiting for the report after which they may apply....also in google map, i found the location of IMI is marked as AIM, pls check on this misuse.
Placements are going on currently. The details will be uploaded as soon as the entire process is over - by January. Our college is located opposite to Army Institute of Management (AIM). This is why it is showing up on google maps as AIM. Still, I'll check on it - thanks for imforming.
@dumb4cat said:
@ap_imik Is it possible for me to visit IMI campus to interact with senior students there?
Yes, you are most welcome to visit our campus between Monday-Saturday. You can interact with us. We will also be holding similar seminars where prospective students can interact with us and get to know more about our college, once the CAT results are out.

Please tell us about the placement scenerio till now, I know the list of recruiters are confidential but I think that you can give us a vague idea about the packages that have been offered till now. And please you can give some info on the summer placements of the two batches and the stipends offered