[2013-2015] IMI Admissions related discussions

Hello Fellow Puys !! Process for Admissions 2013 at International Management Institute (IMI) , New Delhi for PGDM & PGDMHR (2013-15) Batches has started ... *Click here to download Admission Bulletin 2013 *http://imi.edu/page_show/pgdm...

Hello Fellow Puys !!

Process for Admissions 2013 at International Management Institute (IMI) , New Delhi for PGDM & PGDMHR (2013-15) Batches has started ...

Click here to download Admission Bulletin 2013
http://imi.edu/page_show/pgdm

The Program

IMI's two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management is designed to prepare students for careers in industry, across functional areas. The program equips students with strong conceptual skills to manage businesses in an integrated manner. The emphasis is on developing a holistic manager with a vision to take on the challenges of the future in socially sensitive manner.

The program is approved by AICTE and accredited by NBA and SAQS (South Asian Quality Assurance System).

Program Duration

IMI follows the trimester system with the academic calendar beginning in June 2013 and each term being of 11-12 weeks duration. At the end of the first three terms of the program, all students are required to undergo compulsory summer internship for 8-10 weeks in industry.

Eligibility for admission

Education background

To be eligible for admission to the PGDM Program, the participants must posses a Bachelors degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities for admission to post-graduate programs. The bachelors' degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years education after completing higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent. Candidates appearing in the final year of their bachelor's degree or equivalent are also eligible, provided they furnish the proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by September 28, 2013. Candidates who are unable to comply with this requirement may be asked to withdraw from the program. It is desired that candidates complete all academic requirements before joining the program to enable them to keep pace with the rigor and internal assessment schedule of the program.

Participant profile

Participants for the PGDM program may be from any discipline such as Engineering, Humanities, Commerce or Economics, Medicine or any other branch of education. Candidates with relevant work experience as also fresh graduates are welcome to apply.

Admission Procedure

Application form

• IMI admission Bulletin can be downloaded from our website www.imi.edu
  • Application form is available at http://admission.imi.edu and must be submitted on line. IMI does not accept Admission applications off-line.
  • Applicant should complete the online application form and submit the same along with the admission fee which is non-refundable.
  • The admission application fee will be as follows: An applicant desirous of applying to any program in any of the three campuses of IMI will be required to pay a common application fee of Rs.1500 plus a program fee of Rs.500 per program per campus.

(Eg. A candidate wishing to apply to the PGDM program at all three campuses will be required to pay Rs.1500 + (500x3) = 3,000; a candidate applying to just one program, in one campus will be required to pay Rs.1500 + 500 = 2000; a candidate applying to the PGDHRM program at Delhi campus besides any one PGDM program at any of the three campuses will be required to pay Rs.1500+(500x2) = 2500)

• The admission fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card through the designated payment gateway.
    THOSE Paying fees ONLINE NEED NOT SEND ANYTHING
  • Payment can also be made by Demand Draft, drawn in favor of International Management Institute, payable at New Delhi for all campuses, giving the CAT / GMAT registration number and campus reference on the reverse of the Demand Draft. In the absence of the CAT / GMAT registration number and campus reference the application will be treated as incomplete and liable to be rejected.
  • Applications, complete in all respects, should reach the Admissions Office of IMI Delhi by midnight of 9th October 2012. Incomplete forms are liable to be rejected summarily.

Admission Process

CAT

• Admission to the program is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by The Indian Institute of Management at different Centers all over the country. CAT 2012 would be held between Thursday, October 11 and Tuesday, November 6, 2012. (Refer CAT Bulletin for further details).
  • IMI will obtain the test scores from the IIM for those candidates who have appeared in the CAT examination and have also applied to IMI for the PGDM program.
  • IIM's have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the program.

GMAT

• Foreign students and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) at a test centre outside India, taken not earlier than October 2010 and not later than October 2012, and submit such scores while applying to IMI.
  • Indian residents who have appeared for GMAT, not earlier than October 2010 and later than October 2012 are also eligible to apply.
  • Candidates will be required to furnish their GMAT scores while applying and provide an attested copy of the GMAT score sheet to the Admission Office for verification. GMAT scores without the above document will not be accepted and the application may be summarily rejected.

Short listing Criteria

Candidates who have appeared for the CAT 2012 examination or furnished valid GMAT score and have applied to IMI will be short listed on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT scores (sectional and overall) or GMAT score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience. Only short listed candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process.

Applicants should note that mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria may not ensure consideration for short listing by IMI. IMI will not entertain any correspondence on this subject and decisions of the IMI Admissions Committee will be final in all matters.

Selection criteria

Past academic performance in graduation, class XII & X, Extempore speaking, Psychometric Test, Essay writing, Personal interview besides other qualitative parameters, will constitute the core components of the final stage of the selection process. The IMI Admission Committee reserves the right to modify these components while communicating the same to the applicants at the Personal Interview stage. The overall objective being to identify and assess the candidate's potential for a managerial career.

Interview Centers

Besides Delhi, the selection process will be conducted at other centers including Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar. Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. Candidates should indicate their preferred center(s) 1st and 2nd preference for interview in the application form. If a candidate's preferred centre is not allotted, for any reason, the candidate will be informed of the change. IMI reserves the right to change any of the centers for the selection process, without assigning any reasons.

Wat was the cut off last year for IMI Delhi ??

what was the last mark for which a candidate got a GDPI call??

@Stuppid said: Wat was the cut off last year for IMI Delhi ??
The selection criteria last year for GDPI call was:

PGDM (Minimum Cut-off)
CAT percentile- Overall 90; Quant 60; Verbal 65; Xth 65% , XIIth 65% , Graduation 60%

PGDHRM (Minimum Cut-off)
CAT percentile- Overall 85; Quant 60, Verbal 65;Xth 60%, XIIth 60%, Graduation 60%

Also, once you get a GDPI call your CAT percentile is not considered anymore. CAT percentile is just for filtering people for GDPI.

Post GDPI call, what will matter would be how you perform in the whole process.

Post GD-PI can u pls give the breakage on which final calls are given? like 10th, 12th , acads, psychometric testing testing etc.. that will b helpful to evaluate our profile..

That Change from year to year depending on the pool of applicants applied. I ll try to get you with this figure for the previous year in a day or two.

@noblekalra: Hi, Are there any Chartered Accountants in IMI is past batches? Is it worth for CA to apply?

@noblekalra Should i expect a final call, if i get an interview call.?
Give your estimated advice. I know that its hard to predict at this stage.
Having negligible extra curricular activities during school and college ,with a work experience of 18 months in chemical industry.
Good skills of giving interviews and GDs.
10th 78
12th 75
B.Tech(Mechanical) 66.

@noblekalra
Is systems specialization available at IMI delhi....if so can you plz give an idea about profiles offered ?
Thanks

it was 65% 65% and 60%in 10 12 grad last year, is it the same this year??

Please tell because that would save the application fees for many of us.

@gyayakjain Yeah there are CA's. Many are here who have even cleared second round of CFA.
I think that speaks all about it.
@Bhatakti-aatma yeah you have good chances especially with the work experience and diversity in terms of engineering. But this surely needs to be backed with good performance in WAT/PI
@EnigmaticT It totally depends on the the profile of candidates applying so this can't be answered by anyone. But I ll suggest you to apply and hope for the best.
@Vineet1991 Yes It is there. Regarding the profiles offered I need to contact the place com. I ll surely get back on this but it would take a day or two because we are going through our end terms.

NobelKarla but it was 65 65 60 last year and mine are >65 in 12th. I urge the admissions committee to make it clear BEFORE the last date of application form submission as a B school application form costs>1000 INR which is a considerable amount. If you are with them please try to pass my message to them. I respect this college very much and I hope they will address this issue.

If you have >65 then what is the issue ???

@noblekalra Also try to find the weightage given for giving the final calls after gdpi.. Am very much bothered about this because my acads are average.. So i have to juidge my profile.. Thanks in advance,,
@noblekalra Thanks for pressing those keys for me.
hoping to meet you in campus

Dear Mba Aspirants,

We at IMI Delhi wish you the best of luck for your upcoming CAT exam.Give your best shot.
What i would like to urge you all is that don't delay filling in the IMI Admission Forms.Agreed that since the last 2 years forms were reopened for students after the CAT results,but don't mistake it for a trend.There is nothing certain of what happens this year.So please fill the forms as soon as u can.
All the best..

i meant

@Bhatakti-aatma said:
@noblekalra Should i expect a final call, if i get an interview call.?
Give your estimated advice. I know that its hard to predict at this stage.
Having negligible extra curricular activities during school and college ,with a work experience of 18 months in chemical industry.
Good skills of giving interviews and GDs.
10th 78
12th 75
B.Tech(Mechanical) 66.
One thing i would like to add is that you have got a non IT background, and this will definitely work to your advantage once you enter a B School.
So don't wait for anything.
Go for it!!

would i be able to get a call for both the courses if i clear the cut-off set by IMI...

my profile is as folows...
10th 70.20
12th 62
BE 69.95
working in accenture from the past 2 ers...

and even if I get the call ,they would again check my academics for the final selection..
so does it make sense for my to apply to this college???