2013-2015 IISc Bangalore,DoMs-Master of Mgmt (Official Thread)

Dear Puys, Here is the new thread about the queries and infos about the admission and selection process/crieteria for Master of Management at Dept. of Management Studies at IIsc Bangalore. Note:here is the link to the info guide PLACE…

Dear Puys,

Here is the new thread about the queries and infos about the admission and selection process/crieteria for Master of Management at Dept. of Management Studies at IIsc Bangalore.

Note:here is the link to the info guide PLACEMENT GUIDE
Regards

Vicky
1st yr Mgmt,IISc
vickyv-- Hi Vicky

Is there any written test which is conducted to select a candidate. Also, how good is this program?

Thanks,

@vickyv Hi, please mention expected CAT cutoff ?? and relevant information on placements.. How would you compare IISc with other Top B schools..Your reply is very essential

Dear

@prj3086 said:
vickyv-- Hi VickyIs there any written test which is conducted to select a candidate. Also, how good is this program?Thanks,
Hi,
Theirs no written exam as such youll get call upon ur CAT,GATE or GMAT(likely) score then youll have GD PI post ur call.
Its very specailized MBA which is in analytics(google it) and Technology Mgmt,which is not offered anywr in India,Basically its a flavour of MBA and maths together.
cat oa-78.04
va-89.35
qa-57.09
x 75.4
xii 57.6
btech-63
work ex 15 month
please tell me wat r my chances nd should i join or not........
wat is avrg ctc of d cllg.....
@Dibya007
Hi Dibya007
First of all New year greeting to the puys,
The CAT cut off was +94 for gen. category and about placement the link has been provided at the intro post by me.Till now 13LPA is highest and 6.5 is lowest and median is 8 LPA and companies are yet to come
@loss2233
its very difficult to get call at 78.04.But you can fill the form which comes in March/Apr at colg website, it hrdly costs Rs500 unlike other Bschool
@Dibya007 said:
@vickyvHi, please mention expected CAT cutoff ?? and relevant information on placements.. How would you compare IISc with other Top B schools..Your reply is very essential
Hi @Dibya007,

I hope you have already got some your queries cleared about the placements going on for the second year students here.

Regarding your second part of the question. IISc unlike many top B-schools offers a very unique course. Technology Management(TM) and Business Analytics(BA) are the two courses which are being offered here now. Both of the courses are very unique and based on the current requirements of the corporate world.

Unlike many B-schools, the fee structure of IISc is very very low. For fees, it was 79,920 INR per annum for our batch. It is expected to be the same this year too, and taking into account the placements here, the ROI is exceptional.

The best advantage here at IISc is the campus environment and the student teacher relationship. As far as my knowledge goes, I think this dept. has the best Student:Faculty ratio compared to any B-school in the country.

Hope I have answered some of your queries.

Regards
nishi_iisc


@nishi_iisc:

What is the eligibility criteria for the admission?

Is it 60% or first class?

@abhijit142799
here's your answer :

Eligibility:
Common Admission Test(CAT ) 2012 (conducted by IIMs) qualified candidates with I class in BE/B.Tech/Equivalent
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) qualified candidates (current and previous year, conducted by IISc and IITs) with I class in BE/B.Tech/Equivalent

the above was the eligibility criteria for our batch, things are expected to be the same this year too.

@nishi_iisc:

Thankyou I can't fill up the form because my college doesn't gives first class at even 69.9%.

Anyways I am intersted in Analytics that is why I confirmed it from you.

@nishi_iisc
@vickyv Thankyou for your quick response. As far as my knowledge is concerned IISc is the most reputed insti in our country in resp to Techno and science. Does it hv reservation for NC OBC ??? Do they give profile based calls ?? Bcoz so far my profile is like this
CAT OA 80.05 (VA 75.xx QA 81.xx)
10th 88
12th 90
BTech 82
Work Ex 30 months in Manufac Ind

Do I hv some changes or its better to look for some other options as u saying 94%ile was cutoff.. and yes 1 more ques.. Even with such good output why is IISc ranked below 60 -70 in many survey..
@abhijit142799 :

i think 1st class generally implies to 60% here, so if your overall percentage is above 60% then you can surely apply here.

@Dibya007 said:
@[email protected] Thankyou for your quick response. As far as my knowledge is concerned IISc is the most reputed insti in our country in resp to Techno and science. Does it hv reservation for NC OBC ??? Do they give profile based calls ?? Bcoz so far my profile is like thisCAT OA 80.05 (VA 75.xx QA 81.xx)10th 8812th 90BTech 82Work Ex 30 months in Manufac IndDo I hv some changes or its better to look for some other options as u saying 94%ile was cutoff.. and yes 1 more ques.. Even with such good output why is IISc ranked below 60 -70 in many survey..
@Dibya007 ,

Regarding the ranking part is concerned, IISc Bangalore started this unique specializations in 2011 only and the placements for the first batch itself is going on. So I don't have any idea about how they have ranked IISc.

Regarding your other query, I think the institute does offer reservations to NC-OBC according to the central government norms. For more details you can visit http://www.mgmt.iisc.ernet.in

and one can never be sure of the profile based score one can get. So I would advice you to fill up the form and hope for the best :).

what is the expected cutoff for SC category ??

@nishi_iisc said:
@abhijit142799 :i think 1st class generally implies to 60% here, so if your overall percentage is above 60% then you can surely apply here.
No it is not like that if u can confirm it with the admission team and let me know I ll surely apply.
@abhijit142799 said:
No it is not like that if u can confirm it with the admission team and let me know I ll surely apply.
which university do u belong?....and what is your percentage?....coz even my engg collg never provided 1st class...but since my percentage was above 60, I applied here.
@nishi_iisc said: which university do u belong?....and what is your percentage?....coz even my engg collg never provided 1st class...but since my percentage was above 60, I applied here.
My details are:
CAT
OA-97.97

QA-95.8

VA-97.8

X-88.6

XII-69.8

Btech-66.7
ďťż
@abhijit142799 said:
@nishi_iisc said: which university do u belong?....and what is your percentage?....coz even my engg collg never provided 1st class...but since my percentage was above 60, I applied here.My details are:CATOA-97.97QA-95.8VA-97.8X-88.6XII-69.8Btech-66.7
@abhijit142799 : dude ur profile looks absolutely fine to me....did u get any IIM calls?