[2013-2015] IIFM converts

Congratulations to everybody who has converted their GD/PI call. As IIFM is among the last institutes to have declared the results, I can understand your confused state regarding selection of the right institute. Those whom are sure about joining …

Congratulations to everybody who has converted their GD/PI call. As IIFM is among the last institutes to have declared the results, I can understand your confused state regarding selection of the right institute. Those whom are sure about joining IIFM and have made it in, bravo! Continue your discussions on this page as it will help everybody to post queries/opinions on one single page and will help keep a track of the WL.

Please note: most of the students from our batch are out for SI because of which there are only a handful of us who are able to reply back to whatever you have to ask. So please be patient after asking your query as i can assure you that it will be addressed to.

Link to check the result

IIFM PGDFM 2012-14 Admission Results

Abhishek Roy
PGDFM 2012-14
IIFM, Bhopal

As far as the WL movement is concerned, last year it moved upto the 40s for the general category, and that has been the general trend here at IIFM. However, last year WL68 had also got a call as a guy had left during the orientation program week [ie less than a week before regular classes commenced]. Due to this, the institute made calls to those next in line but as it was too late, most of them had either taken admission elsewhere or were not interested in joining IIFM. As a result of this, WL68 got a call.

Abhishek Roy
PGDFM 2012-14
IIFM, Bhopal

@abhiroy10 Can you tell us about the hostel facilities, in terms of occupancy, internet etc ?

Wait List 80 embarrased

What are the chances of getting converted
@abhiroy10 Sir, can u through some light on waitlist movement for SC category.

Also the amount I will pay right now is refundable or not ??????????

Pls. clarify on above points...

what is the least percentile to be selected?
I had a very god GD PI, but not selected, I had 80 %ile In CAT, I think
my low CAT score, the sole reason for not converting the call.As they give 70% weightage to CAT and 30% to GD PI.
Disappointed. 😞

All the selected puys please post your percentiles so that we could get a rough idea of how much we should score in CAT to be on safer side. Me waitlisted 84 (GEN) with 80.54%ile 😠

WL 21 NC OBC... wat r d chances of geting converted??????????? plz reply.....

@debpriyad

@abhiroy10
@pratik4485

Can you tell us about the hostel facilities, in terms of occupancy, internet etc ?

2 guys share a room. Boys of your batch will be staying in the new hostel where our seniors used to stay. Those who had come over here for GDPI may have stayed in the hostel. The rooms are pretty spacious. Although rooms in the girls hostel are far bigger than those in boys hostel [they also have bathroom inside each room], the rooms in boys hostel are still decently big. We have 2 LAN points in every room, and the internet speed is decent. We have wi-fi facility in the computer center and the classrooms, but not in the hostel. We have water coolers cum purifiers on every floor of the hostel.

pratik4485

In the first year, you'll have classes from n the first year, you'll have classes from 8:30 to 3:00 in the afternoon [including 1 hour break for lunch]. You get a 10 mins break after each lecture. After 3:30, what you do completely depends on what you like to do. U can sleep for some time, or play either football, cricket, badminton, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, or workout in the gym. Or you may simply watch TV! It becomes a bit hectic once the assignments and class quizzes start piling up, but those who wana play somehow manage to squeeze out time for it. Dinner timings are 8:00-9:30. If you leave aside a handful of the students, nobody sleeps here before midnight [you can even make it as late as 2:00am] as the campus is too good a place to sleep early. If u wish to stay up even further into the morning, you will always find people like me who are awake till around 4:00am.
ps: it is almost impossible to find a campus as beautiful as ours, and there is a lot to do here. Dont be surprised if people from your batch all of a sudden generate an interest in photography and start buying expensive cameras [bird watching is a favorite past-time for those with cameras] because this is that kind of a place.

@anirudhdhakar
@silusweta
to the best of my knowledge, WL movement for OBC category exhausted last year. I will confirm it once with the office staff and report back to you, but I am almost sure about this.

abhiroy10 @ PaGaLGuY

Could you please through some light on the placement scenario this year....What profiles are being offered??what are the new companies visiting??Are all students satisfied about the placements???

any chance for waitlist 7 NC OBC

what was the waitlist movement for NC OBC last year

Is the first installment of 1.5 lacs refundable?

@abhiroy10 Sir I have sent you a PM...pls reply

@abhiroy10 Hi, can you give us some idea as to how the placements are coming along this year ? Just a rough idea would be good enough.

@abhiroy10 @ranapujari

what are my chances @general waitlisted 45? as per the trends, is there any chance to get confirmed on 1st update itself?

as i heard that the placement cell is driven by students only, how is the scope of ppl who r more inclined towards environment sector and what r the firms that come from this particular sector?

avg. around 7 lacs salary as mentioned for 2011-2013 batch shows a decline in avg salary when compared to 7.45 lacs pa in 2010-2012. why is it so? n 7 lacs avg salary is with perks & benefits??

@ranapujari kindly tell me about fooding and lodging charges over there?????