[2013-2015] Goa Institute of Management Admissions HelpDesk

First of all, we would like to welcome you all for the Admission Process at Goa Institute of Management for the academic year 2013-15. Last year’s Admission Process for the batch of 2012-14 was a great success with cheering feedback from most of t…

First of all, we would like to welcome you all for the Admission Process at Goa Institute of Management for the academic year 2013-15. Last year's Admission Process for the batch of 2012-14 was a great success with cheering feedback from most of the aspirants.

Goa Institute of Management is about to come up with its admission notification for the batch of 2013-15 after few days (may be in the next month).

So all you GIM aspirants who have been eagerly and patiently waiting for this thread to start, you could start posting your queries here. Once the online application process starts in the coming days, we will be helping out with queries related with the process. We would try our best to help aspirants know the college better and understand what it takes to be here.

Please go through the last year's (2012-14) threads and it will help you in understanding things in a better way. Here are the related links for last year :

1. Admissions Helpdesk : http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/xat-snap-iift-and-others/goa-institute-management-admissions-2012-14-helpdesk-t-72285/p-2946706?page=1

2. GD/PI Discussions : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gim-gd-pi-discussions-2012-2014-25078345/3255718

3. GD/PI Experiences : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2012-2014-goa-institute-of-management-gim-gd-pi-experiences-25078908/3294322

4. Final Result : http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/xat-snap-iift-and-others/gim-final-result-2012-14-t-80021/p-3348003?page=1

Few Pointers :

1. GIM will be accepting both XAT and CMAT Scores as it was done for the last season.

2. The details of application process will be notified soon.

3. Cut-off percentiles/marks may vary this year because last year has been a different scenario with very few applicants through CMAT as it was decided at the last moment to accept CMAT Scores.

Happy to help you :)

Thanks & Regards
AVINASH JHA
Batch of 2011-13

@[370697:avinashkrjha] :

Suppose i apply for GIM through both XAT and as well as CMAT and i clear the cut-off for both the exams. Under this scenario will I be given two calls for GDPI? Or will there be a single call? If I am given a single call which score is going to be considered???

I have another query:

My profile is as follow

a) Xth : 81%
b) XII th: 63%
c)Btech : 7.45 Dgpa

NCFM certication on Financial Market: Beginner's Module(plan to do a couple of more before gdpi)

Currently working a leading MNC as a Programmer Analyst for the last 14 months.

How are my chances for gdpi from GIM?( My low score in XIIth is an issue which has been haunting me since the last 5 years....don't know when will I be able to get this off my back)
Also how much percentile would i need to fetch a call through XAT and through CMAT.
@frozenthoughts said: @avinashkrjha :
Suppose i apply for GIM through both XAT and as well as CMAT and i clear the cut-off for both the exams. Under this scenario will I be given two calls for GDPI? Or will there be a single call? If I am given a single call which score is going to be considered???

1. Going by what happened for the last season, you will be given only 1 GD/PI Call even if you clear the cut off for both the exams.

2. Last time, separate lists came out for XAT and CMAT. So if you convert through XAT itself, there is no point of consideration of CMAT Score. If you don't, then your CMAT score will be considered for the CMAT List.

3. Hope it is clear. Get back for any further query regarding this. ATB.. !!
@frozenthoughts said: I have another query:
My profile is as follow
a) Xth : 81%
b) XII th: 63%
c)Btech : 7.45 Dgpa
NCFM certication on Financial Market: Beginner's Module(plan to do a couple of more before gdpi)
Currently working a leading MNC as a Programmer Analyst for the last 14 months.
How are my chances for gdpi from GIM?( My low score in XIIth is an issue which has been haunting me since the last 5 years....don't know when will I be able to get this off my back)
Also how much percentile would i need to fetch a call through XAT and through CMAT.

1. If we go by trends, GD/PI Call is purely on the basis of the Scores of XAT/CMAT.

2. For final convert, lot of factors come into consideration. The break up that has been followed over the years is like this :

Written Score - 50%
Academic Scores - 10%
Work-Ex - 10%
GD/PI/Essay - 30%

3. Cut off percentile/marks varies from year to year. It will depend upon the number of candidates applying to GIM and their respective percentile or marks in XAT/CMAT.

4. For your information, following are the cut off %iles for last few years :

2010 : 85.37%ile in XAT
2011 : 77.15%ile in XAT
2012 : 76.48%ile in XAT and 198 marks in CMAT

5. Hope this helps. Get back for any further query. All the Best.. !!

Good to see this thread started up !!! All the best to all the applicants !

yeah...Was waiting for this Thread to open up...n here it is.... :)

Also..Wanted @[370697:avinashkrjha] to start and carry it forward for another year...as he did a splendid job last year, that eventually won him a PG Award as well :)
Congrts and keep up the good work going ... !!

The GIM Site is not yet updated regarding the 2013-2015 batch yet.

As for other GIM Aspirants 2013-2015, All the Best...
Shoot out whatever queries n the Seniors are here to help...
Last year, we had some crazy and funny questions like:

1) How far is the nearest Beach from GIM?
2) Can we wear shorts inside the Campus, if no, atleast 3/4th's ?
3) What is the Male-Female Ratio? how many girls are there ?
4) Hostel rooms have attached-bathrooms or common bathrooms?

N many more which I could not recollect now....you can visit last years thread to see some more questions like these [m too lazy to do that ]

P.S I am not a Senior or a GIM Student, I am just a GIM aspirant as you, but was active in this thread last season, so I am aware of some of the common queries.. :)
@harrypeter235 said: Hi any B school in Goa offered MBA in Aviation please tell me

1. GIM doesn't offer MBA in Aviation. It offers PGDM Degree.

2. You can check out on websites of other MBA Colleges of GOA if it is offered or not.

3. Get back for any query regarding GIM in this thread. ATB.. !!

@[504942:sumyrules] Thanks for those words of praise.. :)

The notification for the batch of 2013-15 is expected to come anytime in the month of September.

@[370697:avinashkrjha]

How many seats are there in all? And are the seats distributed in different percentages for XAT/CMAT candiates.....?? like for eg, 80% of the seats reserved for XAT candidates and 20% for candidates who apply through CMAT...
@frozenthoughts said: @avinashkrjha
How many seats are there in all? And are the seats distributed in different percentages for XAT/CMAT candiates.....?? like for eg, 80% of the seats reserved for XAT candidates and 20% for candidates who apply through CMAT...
1. The total number of seats as of now is 240, there is addition 5% seats increase allowed under the fee waiver scheme of AICTE. So it can reach 240+12 = 252, our batch strength is 247 i think. It depends upon the number of students who can qualify for fee waiver.

2. There are no seats reserved under XAT/CMAT, it depends entirely upon the quality and number of applicants through XAT/CMAT

3. Get back for any further query...

@[370697:avinashkrjha] Congratulations first of all for the pg award you got. can you let me know that do we have to apply separately for xat and cmat like last time or only 1 application will do. thnx.

Do we need to apply separately? I mean do we need to purchase the GIM form twice for applying through both CMAT and XAT?

Hi could someone tell me wat is the average salary one is offered at gim..and does it stand amongst the top 20...?also do we need to apply twice if we want to opt for it via cmat as well as xat??

@sruhi said: @avinashkrjha Congratulations first of all for the pg award you got. can you let me know that do we have to apply separately for xat and cmat like last time or only 1 application will do. thnx.
Thanks a lot.. :)
@frozenthoughts said: Do we need to apply separately? I mean do we need to purchase the GIM form twice for applying through both CMAT and XAT?
Details of applications are not yet known. We will have to wait for the same. We will keep you posted about every updates on this thread.
@tuhin.sarkar said: Hi could someone tell me wat is the average salary one is offered at gim..and does it stand amongst the top 20...?also do we need to apply twice if we want to opt for it via cmat as well as xat??

1. Rankings vary depending upon the source that is releasing it. It is ranked in 30's on Pagalguy.

2. Average Salary offered for the last 2 batches that passed out are :

10-12 : 7.86 lacs
09-11 : 8.82 lacs

3. As already told, the details regarding applications are yet to come. But going by what happened last time, one might have to apply twice.

4. All the Best. Get back for any further query.

is gim worth doing mba? last yrs cut off 4 cmat was 198 and i had 250 in cmat..bt i didn't apply..dis yr i m contemplating about applying 4 gim...plz suggest.

GIM is a very gud b-school. I have done my analysis from the internet and though i dint apply for GIM last year, but this year i am going to apply. It has a very reputation in the industry and also having a good culture and alumni base.....

@ABNP said: is gim worth doing mba? last yrs cut off 4 cmat was 198 and i had 250 in cmat..bt i didn't apply..dis yr i m contemplating about applying 4 gim...plz suggest.
@ABNP said: is gim worth doing mba? last yrs cut off 4 cmat was 198 and i had 250 in cmat..bt i didn't apply..dis yr i m contemplating about applying 4 gim...plz suggest.
1. Yes, GIM is def worth doing MBA.

2. Since the application window for CMAT was for a very short duration, only few people could apply through CMAT and hence very low cut off. But the scenario will be different this year.

3. You should def apply if the college is satisfying your expectations of placements, infra, etc.

4. Get back for any further query.