[2013-2015] BITS Pilani, MBA Admission Queries (Now from CAT)

MBA 2013-2015 Admissions Admission into MBA 2013- 2015 at BITS Pilani, Pilani campus will be done as per the following framework.* *Eligibility for Admissions: Any Integrated first degree of BITS or B.E./B.Tech in Engineering discipl…

MBA 2013-2015 Admissions
Admission into MBA 2013- 2015 at BITS Pilani, Pilani campus will be done as per the following framework.

Eligibility for Admissions:
Any Integrated first degree of BITS or B.E./B.Tech in Engineering disciplines from other recognized universities with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.

Admission Modality:
For admission to MBA, candidates have to appear in the Online Common AdmissionTest (CAT) 2012 conducted by IIMs. Shortlisted candidates will be required to come for Group Discussion & interview at their own cost. Final admission offer will be made on the basis of the performance in the CAT 2012, interview and Group Discussion.

Application Procedure:
Candidates who wish to be considered for admission into MBA program at BITS Pilani will be required to apply online by visiting www.bitsadmission.co... . Online application process will start in 1st week of November 2012 (tentative).

OMG...no BITSAT this tym...I was hoping on it big tym...

The details of the MBA program can be found in these links.

Link 1- http://www.bits-pila...

A short Summary about the department-

The Department of Management at BITS, Pilani was established in the year 1971. The program was started as MMS which further evolved into MBA in the year 2006. It is a two-year Post-Graduate Programme designed as a fulltime residential course for graduates who wish to pursue their careers in management.

The objective of this programme is to bridge the gap in the industry by providing quality management professionals with strong technical skills and an acumen for managing a business, thus meeting the requirements of modern technology based industries.

The Management programme in BITS was ranked by Asia week as the Top 30 Best Full-Time MBA. The programme has also been profiled by Business Week Online (the Best B Schools).
@pratik10 You still have a chance..go strong for CAT.
@VenkatNaveen said:
@pratik10 You still have a chance..go strong for CAT.
Sadly...I dint Apply for CAT my work ex was Just abt 1 year and I was still trying to cum in terms wid my Job...I thot tht first I will Try BITSAT and If not successful then All other MBA entrances nxt year....But Things are so uncertain nowadays...
Anyways... BITS will always be on my priority Be it for the next year...

That said, am sorry to say, you wouldn't be eligible for the current batch Pratik. You might have to give the next CAT exam. Please free feel to post anything which you might need regarding BITS MBA program.

can you please let us know the approx CAT cutt off and avarage package for placements ?

@VenkatNaveen Hi 😃 Can you please let us know the expected CAT cut off and the average placement packages and job profile?

Uday and Anusha - This is the first time college is taking CAT scores. So I would not want to speculate. We had BITSAT last year and the current batch has a very good profile. College is listed amongst IITs and other national institutes so cut-off should be in the same range, is my guess. Faculty is good and BITS culture is fantastic!! It is an experience. College doesn't allow to disclose current packages but you can definitely find them in old posts. Its BITS Pilani you're talking about- you have the best companies to take shot at.

DO BITS have PROFILE BASED calls also for GD and PI ?

Yes. Kindly see the batch profile on the website. That will answer the question.

Just for your update- We have people from IT, Manufacturing, Aviation,Media etc in case of experienced guys. Around 80% of batch is experienced. Average work experience is arnd 2 years. 20% of the strength is frsher. They all have sound academics and curriculars.

Admission notification is out- Kindly check this website- http://www.bitsadmission.com/mba/mbamain.ht

Rest of the details are there in this PDF file- http://www.bitsadmission.com/mba/MBA%20handout_2013/MBA%20handout_2013%20.pdf

Regarding the Pool of electives offered and course structure you can find it in the website or in this pdf file- http://www.bitsadmission.com/mba/mbadetails.pdf

Thanks.

E Copy of the advertisement published- http://www.bitsadmission.com/mba/Bits_pilani_ad_12x14_MBA-(year13-14).pdf

Important Information - Summary
Deadline for application - Online submission deadline is 5.00 P.M. on 10th Dec 2012
Announcement of Shortlist based on CAT scores - 15th Jan 2013
Candidates to give center preferences for GD/Interview- 15th April 2013
GD/Interview start- 3rd week of May 2013
Announcement of admission offers- 10th June 2013
Admission of Selected students- 29th July 2013
Freshmen Orientation Programme- 30-31st July 2013
Registration for courses- 1st August 2013

anyone please provide the expected CAT cut off and the average placement packages and job profile?
@MeherShiva Since this is the first time BITS Pilani is going through cat, cutoffs cannot be predicted, but cutoffs could be in similar range like IIT's is my guess.

Regarding the placement packages, institution doesn't disclose any packages as per its policy. but CTC's that where offered for all programs(This include BE, MBA, ME programs) is available in the website-
( You can see PAGE 28 and 29 of the PDF for the details. )
Also You can find the Placement Details in the previous Year threads.
Placement for 2013 batch is going on.
Also in case a person doesn't get placed (on campus placement in BITS) , He/She has another option to convert the Practice school program of BITS MBA program (Which is one of its kind in INDIA).
About Practice school-
Practice school is a 6 month paid internship in companies across INDIA. BITS has one of the best Industry linkage in whole of India, association with more than 200+ companies.
More Info about Practice School-
PS: Most of the students have Multiple Offers- One from campus placements and other from Practice school. If your are lucky to get placed in the company same as your practice school, you have the chance to complete your training during that time and get a head start.
Regarding Job profile :
Most companies recruit the role of Analyst . Some companies recruit for the role of Assistant Manager.

Hi, is there any reservation in seat allotment and how many seats are there? please throw some light ..

@14fluke BITS doesn't follow any reservation system for admission. Here 'MERIT' is the sole criteria for admission. So no quota system is being followed for any program.
Regarding the number of seats, every year the intake varies. 2012 batch had 52 students, 2013 batch has 40 students and 2014 batch has 47 students.
Total Number of seats available is 60 (Max intake). If there is any change in the number of seats offered, will post it here.

Thanks

Can anyone provide me with an accurate placement report of BITS Pilani - MBA. Including minimum , maximum,average package and the total students placed?

@akram27 Placement for 2011-2013 batch is going on now. So i cannot comment on that now. Regarding the 2010-2012 Batch,
All students of the batch are placed and are working in very good profiles in various companies. (100% Placement)
Regarding their packages offered. BITS doesn't allow us to disclose placement statistics. You can check the link i provided for CTC's offered in previous comment.
I can mention the names of companies that recruited them- Those include JPMC, Genpact, Aditya Birla Corp, Idea, J & J, Sokrati, Smart Cube. Ernst & Young.
All these companies offer excellent profile and placement. This is BITS you are talking about.
Thanks