[2013-2014] Great Lakes Chennai PGPM GD/PI Shortlisted Candidates

Dear All, The list of shortlisted candidates for cycle - 1 GD/PI for Great Lakes, Chennai PGPM program is declared. Kindly use this thread for all your GD/PI related queries & discussions. All the best !!!

Dear All,

The list of shortlisted candidates for cycle - 1 GD/PI for Great Lakes, Chennai PGPM program is declared.

Kindly use this thread for all your GD/PI related queries & discussions.

All the best !!!

Hi,

Can anyone please share their GLIM interview experiences (or is it already shared somewhere)? I have my GD/PI round on 15th of Dec in Mumbai. Would be helpful if anyone can share any insights. :)

@GreatLakes.CHN
A few questions
1. For GD, do they make groups according to background of candidate(engg,commerce....., operations,marketing ,finance..) or is it according to some other criterion(GMAT score, no. of years of workex....)
2. for writing ability,what type of topics we can expect (current affairs,traditional ones....)
3. During interview, major focus area will be job profile or academics/academic knowledge?
4. How much weightage is given to each parameter( academics, gmat score, GD,PI,Essay, recos ,work-ex)?

Hi i have my interview on 15th in chennai. Can anyone tell me the kind of essay topic i can expect? Only half an hour is allocated for essay writing it seems

@recruit said:
@GreatLakes.CHNA few questions1. For GD, do they make groups according to background of candidate(engg,commerce....., operations,marketing ,finance..) or is it according to some other criterion(GMAT score, no. of years of workex....)2. for writing ability,what type of topics we can expect (current affairs,traditional ones....)3. During interview, major focus area will be job profile or academics/academic knowledge?4. How much weightage is given to each parameter( academics, gmat score, GD,PI,Essay, recos ,work-ex)?
1. The groups would be random. There's no criteria for grouping as such.
2. Topics would be given on the day of GD/PI & can't be disclosed right now.
3. It will be a mixture of both.
4. Sorry, we can't disclose the weightage of the components as per institute's policy.

Good Luck for your GD/PI.
Whether GLIM would consider sectional cut-off or just the overall for CAT/XAT?

How much time will the overall process take?

Also is ESSAY-->GD-->PI the complete or will there be something else too?

When will cycle 1 gd/pi results will come out? If shortlisted, what will be the last date for payment of admission?

How much time would the entire process take?? Would book my return tickets accordingly.

Have the GD/PI at 8:30 AM.

@manku11 said:
How much time will the overall process take?Also is ESSAY-->GD-->PI the complete or will there be something else too?

@Finallap said:
How much time would the entire process take?? Would book my return tickets accordingly.Have the GD/PI at 8:30 AM.
The overall process might take about 5-6 hours.
But, nothing can be guaranteed as it depends on the number of candidates too.
@vinil1410 said:
When will cycle 1 gd/pi results will come out? If shortlisted, what will be the last date for payment of admission?
There is no fixed date for announcement of results yet. We will keep you posted on the further updates regarding the dates.

Hi Puys, My interview is on 8th Dec @ Bangalore.

I would like to know when the Recommenders would be asked to give their LOR; what are the aspects the institute look for in the LOR..

Once Selected, The payment amount and the deadline to pay the initial payment..?

Thanks in advance..

GLIM Aspirant..

Hi,

I got a call from great lakes. gd pi on 15th dec, Mumbai

I wanted to know if Great lakes takes up case studies as a process of shortlisting candidates like many other major b schools?

@GreatLakes.CHN Hi! Can u plz tell me whether GL will send any notification to candidates after forwarding the link to the recommendors? It would be easier to follow up if GL is planning to collect the recos before i/v.
@GreatLakes.CHN HI ...Where is the list of shortlisted candidates for cycle - 1 GD/PI declared? Is it one to one by mail or any link is there to check the list?
Also can you please tell when will be the list for Great lakes Gurgaon pgpm 2013-2014 be declared?

Regards,
Sayan
@mbacrave said:

Hi Puys, My interview is on 8th Dec @ Bangalore.

I would like to know when the Recommenders would be asked to give their LOR; what are the aspects the institute look for in the LOR..

Once Selected, The payment amount and the deadline to pay the initial payment..?

Thanks in advance..

GLIM Aspirant..

@Greatlakes.CHN : As I have my GD/PI tomorrow , it would be of great help if you could clarify my queries asap.

@Greatlakes.CHN

I am shortlisted for skype interview - interview date has't been communicated to me yet.

How will GD and on-spot essay be conducted for interview over skype?

Hey guys,

I've my GD/PI on 15th in Chennai. It wold be great if candidates who had their interviews yesterday share their experience.

hi Puys
For those who had on 8/9th dec, can any one share their essay GD/PI experience???