2013-15 XIME Bangalore GD-PI Discussions

All the aspirants,We shall continue the discussion regarding GDs & PIs hereAll the best!!

All the aspirants,

We shall continue the discussion regarding GDs & PIs here

All the best!!

Yout CAT/XAT %ile

lets rock xime gdpi's.......

are we gona discuss d topics dt most probably could b asked for G or just normal doubt clarifications.....??

@Rosss said:

are we gona discuss d topics dt most probably could b asked for G or just normal doubt clarifications.....??

both.. everything related to GDs & PIs at XIME!!

RE:TIPS for GD/PI. So here goes few questions with expert comments:

1. Tell me about yourself.
The origin of this masterpiece is unknown but if rumors are to be believed this question was first asked by Yamraj to Nachiketa :-P

2. Why MBA?
Caution: Control your inner feelings. To say truths that you are bored of Software or you want more money is a strict No No.

3. Which field do you wish to specialize in and why?
Let your imagination go wild. Hold the hand of the interviewer, look directly into his eyes and repeat the dialogue of Dil Chahta hai....Mera janm sirf isi liye hua hai taki main ek din Marketing me kaam kar sakoon Shalini :-P

4. What is your plan if you don't get into MBA?
Will accept the offer to play for Indian cricket team or would feature in Ramu's Bhoot 11 opposite Antara Mali. Huh?!

5. Your hobbies or what do you do in your free time?
Charity!! I had a great contribution in making Orkut a big hit and facebook is a live example you see!!

6. Your 3 strengths and weaknesses?
Strengths: I can run without petrol, can talk nonsense for hours and sleep without winking. Weaknesses: Girls, girls, girls :-D

7. How many close friends do you have? What is good about XYZ friend ?
Let me count...1,2,3...hey can I use fingers of my toes for counting? I like "XYZ" because he is very co-operative. He helped me pass my exams during my engineering days.

9. Why XYZ college?
Because it is the best college in milky way. Interviewer: Majak mat karo. Me: Suruwaat kisne ki :-P

10. Question on ethics (it can be asked directly like are you ethical? Or they may ask you in a roundabout way giving the situation)?

Take out a ten ruppe note from your pocket. Tear it. Put your hand on your chest aur bolo: Agar Bapu ko kahin rakhne ka na to idhar rakhne ka mamu. And don't forget to give "Jaadu ki Jhappi" :-P

11. Your views on current topics?
As if that matters!!

12. Which is the last book you read? (You should prepare a short summary of the book in mind, learning, you should be aware about the name of author and publication as well as other books by the same author)
Quote books like Two States, one night@ call center at your own risk!!

13. Which is the last business book/management book you read? Your learning from it and other things as above: It is never too late. If you haven't read any, you can start one now.

14. Where do you see yourself 3 years from now OR 5 years from now OR 10 years from now?
A responsible citizen of India of age 27 years, 29 years and 34 years respectively.

15. What is your purpose in life?
Apni to jaise taise, aise waise ya kaise kat jayegi....Aap ka kya hoga Janab-e-aali :-D

On a serious note friends, please introspect and have good answers ready for all these questions. Tell your mentor, teacher or friend to interview and grill you. The interviewers dig deep and if you are clear about yourself and the Why's then you improve your chances to clear the interview process.

P.S - A BIG THANKS TO TEAM DOBARA MAT PUCHNA FOR THE ABOVE GDPI TIPS ......now guyz for gdpi tips dobara mat puchna :P

@19rahul91 dts pretty cool advice....
@19rahul91
Haha awesome 😃 , i will be taken as Stress Relief Faculty for that college if i give such answers :D

@19rahul91 hehe nice answers..rahul i thnk u were also there in xiss delhi.. if i m not wrong ??
@inuman Yeah I was in delhi ...were u in d same panel ??

20 feb dude..panel 3..i think you were in diffrent panel but we talked if i m not wrong..

soo everyone here ..any one with 19 as there date..from delhi plzz reply

@19rahul91 said:
RE:TIPS for GD/PI. So here goes few questions with expert comments:1. Tell me about yourself. The origin of this masterpiece is unknown but if rumors are to be believed this question was first asked by Yamraj to Nachiketa :-P2. Why MBA? Caution: Control your inner feelings. To say truths that you are bored of Software or you want more money is a strict No No.3. Which field do you wish to specialize in and why? Let your imagination go wild. Hold the hand of the interviewer, look directly into his eyes and repeat the dialogue of Dil Chahta hai....Mera janm sirf isi liye hua hai taki main ek din Marketing me kaam kar sakoon Shalini :-P4. What is your plan if you don't get into MBA? Will accept the offer to play for Indian cricket team or would feature in Ramu's Bhoot 11 opposite Antara Mali. Huh?!5. Your hobbies or what do you do in your free time? Charity!! I had a great contribution in making Orkut a big hit and facebook is a live example you see!!6. Your 3 strengths and weaknesses? Strengths: I can run without petrol, can talk nonsense for hours and sleep without winking. Weaknesses: Girls, girls, girls :-D7. How many close friends do you have? What is good about XYZ friend ? Let me count...1,2,3...hey can I use fingers of my toes for counting? I like "XYZ" because he is very co-operative. He helped me pass my exams during my engineering days.9. Why XYZ college? Because it is the best college in milky way. Interviewer: Majak mat karo. Me: Suruwaat kisne ki :-P10. Question on ethics (it can be asked directly like are you ethical? Or they may ask you in a roundabout way giving the situation)?Take out a ten ruppe note from your pocket. Tear it. Put your hand on your chest aur bolo: Agar Bapu ko kahin rakhne ka na to idhar rakhne ka mamu. And don't forget to give "Jaadu ki Jhappi" :-P11. Your views on current topics? As if that matters!!12. Which is the last book you read? (You should prepare a short summary of the book in mind, learning, you should be aware about the name of author and publication as well as other books by the same author) Quote books like Two States, one night@ call center at your own risk!!13. Which is the last business book/management book you read? Your learning from it and other things as above: It is never too late. If you haven't read any, you can start one now.14. Where do you see yourself 3 years from now OR 5 years from now OR 10 years from now? A responsible citizen of India of age 27 years, 29 years and 34 years respectively.15. What is your purpose in life? Apni to jaise taise, aise waise ya kaise kat jayegi....Aap ka kya hoga Janab-e-aali :-DOn a serious note friends, please introspect and have good answers ready for all these questions. Tell your mentor, teacher or friend to interview and grill you. The interviewers dig deep and if you are clear about yourself and the Why's then you improve your chances to clear the interview process.
Thanks for sharing but if I am correct this is written by Dobara Mat Poochna Team.
@gaurav23march Yeah buddy...I just shared to do d needful :)

ane1 frm kochi???plzz share gdpi xperience???

Ok we do a lot chit chat I think we should start with Some GD Topics:

Start Date : 8 March 2013 (Women's Day )
End Date : 8 March 11:59 PM

GD Topic 1: Reservation of Women is really needed for Growth of India?

Some rules :

1.We should stick with 1 topic 1 day next day next topic.
2.in one go only write 100-150 words max as in actual GD you will get 1-2 min one time only.
and for others easy to read.
3.The person who is providing GD topic should mention the Topic no and date.
so that if new comers will join have idea that the above GD topics are closed.
4.if anyone wants to take the responsibilty of mentor of a day it wud be great as he/she can give marks to candidate and at the end of day we can share top 3 candidates marks.

@nipun.nani If you and other members are agree can you eidt your original post and add the
above Points.

@19rahul91 You seems most active guy so if you are ready can you mentor today's GD
or suggest someone's name who is ready to take this responsibility.

@shanky2013 @nipun.nani @inuman @flux652 @Rosss Guys now pull your shoes
and come in the battle of GD.

P.S. : Please add more points if you think i missed and tagg those guys who preparing for XIME.

9-11am
Kochi

10th - 82
12th - 76
B.tech - CG - 7.08
Xat - 90.25
Exp : none

Gd n Essay - Indian government's permission for 51% FDI in retail is boon/bane?

Essay on above topic in 7 min. Then gd for 20 min. At last 30 sec. Speech abt ur view or conclusion.
Total ppl - 18(track a+b)
Fish market. But director sir would ask questions inbetween. some f them r
1. Diff. Btween FII & FDI
2. Population of india
3. How many metro cities in india
4. Current trade deficit, gdp, per capita gdp
5. Exchange value of rupee in $, pound, euro
6. Relation between trillion,billion n million
7. Does china hav walmart, mcdonald, kfc?
8. No. Of ppl dependin on agriculture sector
9. What does it mean "51%" fdi?
10. What r odr giants lyk walmart? What abt Metro?

Yeah it was more or less "gd wid director" lyk dey show on tv. These qstns were askd in general to evry1. Whoever answerd corectly was making good impresn.

Could speak only twice. Missed the point "51%".

Pi- 11am - 10min. - 3 panelists including director sir. only Director sir askd qstns, rest were noting.

D - So ur father is working in xyz
Whats the rare mineral thats found in china
1. so u are from mining! Related to steel industry eh. Where do we export iron ore?
2. How many tons iron ore wil give 1 ton steel or tell me their ratio?
3. Which ports do we export these iron ore?
4. How many coal mines are there in south india
5. Why the name neyveli "lignite"?
Singareni coal, coal india is also coal, then why neyveli lignite?
6. How many b schools in india. Take a guess
7. How many engg graduates per yr? Give me rough figures
8. Whats famous abt karnataka

I could reply correctly รถnly to qstns 3,4 n 5. "no idea sir" to 1 n 2. Rest were bluffs.

Exp : not so good. Panelists were very friendly. around 1600 ppl for 180 seats!
Tip : stay cool. Brush ur gk abt indian polity n economy. N b particular abt numbers. It wl giv u an edge ovr odrs. (V had to multiply 1.8 n 4.8 during gd nd no1 remembrd 18 table nt evn me!)
they told Result wl b out by 3rd april or so n kochi campus is yet to get aicte aproval.bt our batch is fr blore only.
Atb 2 everybody 😃
@exio12 you didn't get a call from imt g.... weird....
@exio12 so gd is not an elimination round u mean?