[2013-15]SIMSR aka K.J. Somaiya - Case Analysis/PI Experiences Thread

Hi everyone, With the interviews around the corner, starting this thread to have the aspirants posting their experiences at the process. ALL THE BEST puys :: Please follow the following format while posting Courses Applied for: …

Hi everyone,

With the interviews around the corner, starting this thread to have the aspirants posting their experiences at the process. ALL THE BEST puys

Please follow the following format while posting

Courses Applied for:

CAT percentile:
CMAT Score:
Interview Centre:

Educational Profile
X:
XII:
Undergrad Major - GPA/%age:
Any other professional certification or course undertaken:

Work profile (if applicable)
Number of years:
Sector/Industry:

Any special achievements:

About Case Analysis Round:

PI Questions:

Extempore topic:

Any other Info:

Verdict can be edited later

Please keep the thread clean. You may post your queries on the other thread - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2013-15simsr-aka-kj-somaiya-pgdmcore-ib-fs-rm-comm-case-analysis-pi-call-getters-discussion-thread-25097105

You can subscribe to this thread by clicking on the top right hand corner(Thread tools)
ATB :)

Hi ,

So I am the first one to post
Courses Applied for:

CAT percentile:90.13
Interview Centre: SIMSR Mumbai

Educational Profile : B Tech
X: 78
XII: 80.25
Undergrad Major - GPA/%age: 63
Any other professional certification or course undertaken:

Work profile (if applicable) : Infrastructure Engineer
Number of years: 1.5
Sector/Industry:IT

About Case Analysis Round: FDI in retail: A symbol of Government's commitment.
One page case was provided with both cases of how govt is in favour of FDI and opposition is against it. 20 mins were given to read, think and write.( wo 20 mins pata hi nai chale kab khatam ho gye )

PI Questions: I think a total of 8 panels were there with 2 members each
In my panel 2 ladies(L1 and L2).

L1: Hello , GM have a seat.
L2: Tell me something about yourself.
Me : ////
L2: So you want to be an entrepreneur. Plz elaborate your business plan.
Me: ////
L1: You seem to be interested in sports. Which sport do you play?
L1: Ok. so as a part of the process we will give u 2 topics and from these 2 u have to select 1 and speak for 1 min. And you have 30 secs to jolt your points.
Me: /////
L2: Who is Mary Kom? In which weight she won the Olympic medal?
Me: I was not sure abt which weight.
L1: If u want to be an entrepreneur why dont u join some entrepreneurship b school? Why SIMSR?
L2: Tell me something about ur job profile? What does your team do? What is ur role in that?
What is the size of the team?
L1: You have mentioned resilience as ur strength. Justify that.
L2: Do u read books?
L1: What changes have you observed in yourself since you have joined ur job?
Me: //////
L2: Justify that ? When has that happened during ur job?

L1: Ok..leave aside everything, y should we take u?( Googly...almost bowled.)

I have attended quite a few GDPI this year but this one was the best. I have never seen such an interactive and smoothly conducted process.

ATB puyz.. KJ u rock
@VD said:
Hi ,So I am the first one to post Courses Applied for:CAT percentile:90.13Interview Centre: SIMSR MumbaiEducational Profile : B TechX: 78XII: 80.25Undergrad Major - GPA/%age: 63 Any other professional certification or course undertaken:Work profile (if applicable) : Infrastructure EngineerNumber of years: 1.5Sector/Industry:ITAbout Case Analysis Round: FDI in retail: A symbol of Government's commitment.One page case was provided with both cases of how govt is in favour of FDI and opposition is against it. 20 mins were given to read, think and write.( wo 20 mins pata hi nai chale kab khatam ho gye )PI Questions: I think a total of 8 panels were there with 2 members eachIn my panel 2 ladies(L1 and L2).L1: Hello , GM have a seat.L2: Tell me something about yourself.Me : ////L2: So you want to be an entrepreneur. Plz elaborate your business plan.Me: ////L1: You seem to be interested in sports. Which sport do you play?Me: ////L1: Ok. so as a part of the process we will give u 2 topics and from these 2 u have to select 1 and speak for 1 min. And you have 30 secs to jolt your points.Me: /////L2: Who is Mary Kom? In which weight she won the Olympic medal?Me: I was not sure abt which weight.L1: If u want to be an entrepreneur why dont u join some entrepreneurship b school? Why SIMSR?Me: ////L2: Tell me something about ur job profile? What does your team do? What is ur role in that?What is the size of the team?Me: ////L1: You have mentioned resilience as ur strength. Justify that.L2: Do u read books?L1: What changes have you observed in yourself since you have joined ur job?Me: //////L2: Justify that ? When has that happened during ur job?Me: ////...L1: Ok..leave aside everything, y should we take u?( Googly...almost bowled.)I have attended quite a few GDPI this year but this one was the best. I have never seen such an interactive and smoothly conducted process.ATB puyz.. KJ u rock
Forgot to mention i applied for core and ib
what was ur extempore on??
@ajinkyamoray cricket as a religion
@VD Tell me wat were the extempore topics na????
@Ambitiousgal12 Sulagna ..i have posted on fb also..unity in diversity and cricket as a religion..
@VD bro are we suppose top fill the candidate form , coz i can see hell lot of banks over there and some questions are aslo there
@anupam1991 yes u have to fill the candidate form.. to me that seemed to be a mandatory thing..
@VD For how much time did your interview last? And how many ppl are taken up in the same panel? Also in a case study do we have to take 1 stand or can v write for both the sides?
@hopefull18 i am not sure abt time ..it wld be 10-15 mins... i dnt know how many students were interviewed in the same panel as mine was 2nd and i left after my interview...in case study..it was clearly mentioned if u agree or disagree..
@VD Sorry i didn't get you- Agree/Disagree? I mean we have to take only one stand na?
@VD Sorry i didn't get you... We have to take only one stand na in the case study? And how many words are we supposed to write?
@VD said:
@hopefull18 i am not sure abt time ..it wld be 10-15 mins... i dnt know how many students were interviewed in the same panel as mine was 2nd and i left after my interview...in case study..it was clearly mentioned if u agree or disagree..
How many words are we supposed to write? And we have to take only one stand is that what you mean?
@VD How much time they gave for preparation for extempore after giving the topic?
@hopefull18 no such mention of word limit..
@BhairaviYad they gave 30 secs to me..
@BhairaviYad they gave me 30 sec
@BhairaviYad 30 secs