[2013-15] Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), MBA (MMS) Admission Thread

Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (also referred to as JBIMS or “JB” or just Bajaj) is the Department of Management Studies of the University of Mumbai (Bombay).[1] It is known for its post-graduate management programme. The full-…

Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (also referred to as JBIMS or "JB" or just Bajaj) is the Department of Management Studies of the University of Mumbai (Bombay).[1] It is known for its post-graduate management programme.

The full-time Master of Management Studies (née. MBA) programme continues to be the flagship programme of JBIMS.

Admissions are done through a Centralized Admission Process (CAP) conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) every year.

The process starts in January and is basically a three tier selection process of
· Common Entrance Test (CAT, CMAT or any other entrance exam accepted by DTE)
· Group Discussion (GD)
· Personal Interview (PI)

A total of 120 students are admitted every year to the institute as per the guidelines prescribed by the University Of Mumbai for the Centralized Admission Procedure (CAP).

Out of 120 seats, 102 seats are reserved for Maharashtra studenst and 18 seats are open for Rest of the India students.

I welcome everyone to come and discuss all the admission related queries here (for admssion in 2013-15 batch)

Official website-
http://www.jbims.edu/index.php

DTE Website-
http://www.dte.org.in/mba

Previous year's thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/official-jbims-mumbai-2012-14-admission-related-queries-25080974/3422181

Best of Luck.

I am from Delhi.
What were the cut offs for Rest Of India candidates last year?

I have AIR 596 in Sep-CMAT can I expect a call?

@VijayRawat Hey is it still 102 seats for Mah candidates??I mean CMAT was introduced and since its all India level,18 seats is far less!!Can u please confirm?

Can anyone throw some light on how much score in CAT is required for a call?(based on past records)
Secondly How to apply?Is it online?

@GaganAnand said:
I am from Delhi.What were the cut offs for Rest Of India candidates last year?I have AIR 596 in Sep-CMAT can I expect a call?
Last year the cut offs were based on CET and the cut off for open category was 166 marks and AIR 56. With AIR 596 it is bit difficult to get call. Try Februray CMAT
More info on-
http://fileserver.mkcl.org/mba/OasisModules_Files/Files/31.pdf?did=540

@zeus0390 said:
@VijayRawat Hey is it still 102 seats for Mah candidates??I mean CMAT was introduced and since its all India level,18 seats is far less!!Can u please confirm?
Till last year it was 18 seats (I know it is far less but what to do?). More info on-
http://fileserver.mkcl.org/mba/OasisModules_Files/Files/29.pdf?did=530

@Vision_MBA2013 said:
Can anyone throw some light on how much score in CAT is required for a call?(based on past records)Secondly How to apply?Is it online?
Shouldn't be less than 98-99%ile, I am not sure though.
@VijayRawat Hi 😃 i dont understand.. JBIMS will consider which score? also ..Do you know if MHCET will be conducted this year?
@anusha.itsme said:
@VijayRawat Hi i dont understand.. JBIMS will consider which score? also ..Do you know if MHCET will be conducted this year?
Hi :)
JBIMS will consider CMAT and CAT this year. There is still ambiguity that it will consider February CMAT or not. Had a talk with JBIMS spokesperson this afternoon, he said me to ask DTE guys regarding this. Wrote a mail to them, let's see if i'll get reply.
And no, this year there won't be any MHCET as it has been completely replaced by CMAT.

Hey i guess It has to consider both CMATs !! CMAT is best of 2 attempts and considering only one would be unfair and above all I am banking on the second one hugely...

@VijayRawat : Can you please clarify The Maharashtra and OMS categories? Because somebody told me that if you have done your 10th from maharashtra, then you are a Maharashtra candidate, But other places i read that 70% seats are for people from Mumbai University, 15% are for other Maharashtra universities, and the rest 15% are for rest of India Universities. FYI i have done my graduation from outside maharashtra......
@VijayRawat

@VijayRawat said:
Hi JBIMS will consider CMAT and CAT this year. There is still ambiguity that it will consider February CMAT or not. Had a talk with JBIMS spokesperson this afternoon, he said me to ask DTE guys regarding this. Wrote a mail to them, let's see if i'll get reply.And no, this year there won't be any MHCET as it has been completely replaced by CMAT.
Does this mean Sept CMAT will be considered for sure ?
Most of the sources I've read say JB is expected to accept Sept CMAT. After reading your post, it looks like Sept scores will be taken for sure and Feb scores are iffy.

Let us know if you get something from DTE on this !
Cheers
@VijayRawat said:
Hi JBIMS will consider CMAT and CAT this year. There is still ambiguity that it will consider February CMAT or not. Had a talk with JBIMS spokesperson this afternoon, he said me to ask DTE guys regarding this. Wrote a mail to them, let's see if i'll get reply.And no, this year there won't be any MHCET as it has been completely replaced by CMAT.
Pls confirm.. since i have not appeared for SEPT CMAT.. (jst dint wanna write any exm before CAT) I am dependent on FEB CMAT alone.. If they meant best of two for CMAT scores, I am doubtful they wnt accept the FEB CMAT score.. Wats the point in allowing ppl to write both or either one jst for the sake of it, if they dont want to accept the scores.. Yet, please confirm the same and let us know.. Thankss.. :)

does it take XAT scoreS?

@VSK1608 said:
does it take XAT scoreS?
NO

ďťż
@dark-phoenix said:
Please go through the link I gave to zeus, you will get the fair idea of seats distribution.
I am not sure about who all they consider as Maharashtrian students, but if they are using terms like Mumbai University and Other than Mumbai University then it should be graduation because we don't complete our 10th or 12th from Universities.

@retry said:
@VijayRawat Does this mean Sept CMAT will be considered for sure ?Most of the sources I've read say JB is expected to accept Sept CMAT. After reading your post, it looks like Sept scores will be taken for sure and Feb scores are iffy.Let us know if you get something from DTE on this !Cheers
@OFS said:
Pls confirm.. since i have not appeared for SEPT CMAT.. (jst dint wanna write any exm before CAT) I am dependent on FEB CMAT alone.. If they meant best of two for CMAT scores, I am doubtful they wnt accept the FEB CMAT score.. Wats the point in allowing ppl to write both or either one jst for the sake of it, if they dont want to accept the scores.. Yet, please confirm the same and let us know.. Thankss..

As soon as I will hear anything from DTE, I'll let you guys know whether they are considering February CMAT or not. Expect good amount of delay as DTE is a government entity and I guess I need not to say about how government entities works. :)
@VSK1608 said:
does it take XAT scoreS?
No, JBIMS will only consider CAT and CMAT.
@PM yess mr.PM

Whens the Form coming out this time ??

Yaar , in form ke chakkar me to kangaal ho jaunga mai

HI,may i apply in JBIMS after my cat 2012 scorecard.....or there is any last date to apply it?

Will JBIMS consider Feb CMAT scores or are they gonna stick to the Sep scores ?

tell me sirjiiiiiiiiiii?