2013-15 DSM, DTU GDPI SHORTLIST / CALL GETTERS

The list for selected candidates has been declared. Congrats to all the aspirants who got through. The candidates who have submitted their application before the declaration of CAT 2012 result have been provisionally short listed for GD/Iā€¦

The list for selected candidates has been declared.
Congrats to all the aspirants who got through.

The candidates who have submitted their application before the declaration of CAT 2012 result have been provisionally short listed for GD/Interview but they are requested to come only if they have CAT score above 75 percentile for general candidates, above 65 percentile for O
BC candidates and above 50 percentile for SC and ST Candidates.

The procedure for the changing of the the GDPI dates is as follows (Both the steps have to be followed):

1. Frame a hand written letter explaining the situation as to why you are requesting for a change in GDPI slots. Attach the proof. In this case the GDPI letter from the alternative institute
with your slot clashing with the DSM slot. Speed post / courier it to the DSM office.

Delhi School of Management
Delhi Technological University
(Formerly Delhi College of Engineering)
(Govt. Of NCT of Delhi)
Bawana Road, Shahbad Daulatpur, Delhi-110042
Ph : 011-27296203, Fax : 011-27871023

2.. Drop a mail on the id [email protected] (Same email id which is mentioned on the admission brochure) with the subject as "Request to change GDPI slots_Name_Cat serial No.". Mention the same things which you did in the letter. Attach the scan copy of proof (if possible). Mention the tracking id of the letter which you posted.

Disclaimer:

1. Please note that the change in GDPI slots will only be considered for the scenario where your GDPI clashes with the GDPI procedure of other institute. Any other reasons will be considered vague and its priority will be undermined.
2. IF the GDPI slot of the alternate institute has been declared after the DSM shortlist (i.e. 8th march 2013) then it will be low priority for us.

Tips for GDPI :

With the release of shortlist lets join the hands to prepare for GDPI process.
Some tips about GD and interview:

http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/prep-resources/2011-12-gdpi-helpline-t-75440/p-3087422/r-3182527

http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/prep-resources/interview-tips-must-read-t-272/p-3458/r-3205275

Last year shortlist thread : http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/2012-14-dsm-dtu-shortlist-declared-slash-gdpi-call-getters-t-78626/p-3277659?page=1

Link for the pdf : http://www.dce.edu/web/Sections/Admissions/admissionnotification.php

GENERAL FAQs :

Weightage for the final call:

80% : Cat Score
20% : GDPI and profile

This does not mean that higher CAT score will guarantee you a seat. 20% marks matter a lot and they make it or break it for you.

This has come to our notice that many people are not taking their GDPI seriously considering that 80% weightage given to CAT score will help them sail through.

I REPEAT that this is not true and if you are not prepared you will face serious repercussions.
Please be diligent and appear for your GDPI prepared.

Directions to reach the GDPI venue i.e. DSM, DTU.

Coming to delhi via train ?

1. Arrival at Nizamuddin : Take an auto towards pragati maidan metro station(blue line). 50 rs should be the rate. Board the metro towards rajiv chowk(yellow line). At rajiv chowk change the metro and go towards kashmere gate. Again change metro at kashmere gate for red line. Jump to the the General route now.

2. Arrival at new delhi railway station : Board the metro towards kashmere gate. Get down there and change metro towards rithala (red line). Jump to the the General route now.

Coming to delhi via flight ?

Board the metro near T3 for rajiv chowk. At rajiv chowk change the metro and go towards kashmere gate. Again change metro at kashmere gate for red line. Jump to the the General route now.

General route : (for delhites)

"Using the most convenient mode of public transport(aka Metro), you need to get to the Red line of the Delhi Metro and board the train going towards Rithala Metro station. when you reach the rithala metro station, make an exit from gate 3, where they've setup various shops. If you make an exit from gate 2, just cross the road and get to the opposite side or else you will end up being befooled by some auto wala. Once out, you'll see mini metro feeder buses which would take 10rs per passanger and drop you to DTU. It'll take arnd 10 minutes to reach the main campus gate from the metro station. If you want you can take the auto insyd too(I suggest you should if you do not want to walk much). Ask him to take you to the Mechanical Block(or you can take a walk too). Walk is suggested if you want to get a look at the campus. The mechanical block is right beside the Main Canteen. Upon reaching there you can go to the first floor and you are there at DSM. In case you feel lost you can ask anyone about DSM on reaching the Mechanical Block."

congrats to all getters
hi any way to change dates for GD/PI

Thanks Sir. Sorry to start with this question. But I am facing severe date clashes. Actually I have an exam on 23rd, coinciding with the GD/PI. Please provide the mail id so that I can request the admin to shift my dates !

Will DSM entertain the request for change of GDPI date......mine is clashing with NIRMA university..........plzz help

19th feb. 9.30 am slot

anyone wth the same slot
@tani90 said:
Thanks Sir. Sorry to start with this question. But I am facing severe date clashes. Actually I have an exam on 23rd, coinciding with the GD/PI. Please provide the mail id so that I can request the admin to shift my dates !
I suspect many people will have the same grievance. Please give us a days time and we will sort it out for you.
@nitinkbhaskar said:
Directions to reach the GDPI venue i.e. DSM, DTU."Using the most convenient mode of public transport(aka Metro), you need to get to the Red line of the Delhi Metro and board the train going towards Rithala Metro station. when you reach the rithala metro station, make an exit from gate 3, where they've setup various shops. If you make an exit from gate 2, just cross the road and get to the opposite side or else you will end up being befooled by some auto wala. Once out, you'll see mini metro feeder buses which would take 10rs per passanger and drop you to DTU. It'll take arnd 10 minutes to reach the main campus gate from the metro station. If you want you can take the auto insyd too(I suggest you should if you do not want to walk much). Ask him to take you to the Mechanical Block(or you can take a walk too). Walk is suggested if you want to get a look at the campus. The mechanical block is right beside the Main Canteen. Upon reaching there you can go to the first floor and you are there at DSM. In case you feel lost you can ask anyone about DSM on reaching the Mechanical Block."
sir y the 5 %ile drop in shortlisting this year's student...
@nitinkbhaskar Thanx.........plz help us out...
@nitinkbhaskar said:
I suspect many people will have the same grievance. Please give us a days time and we will sort it out for you.
Ohh Thanks a lot Sir !! šŸ˜ƒ
@stiffler010 said:
sir y the 5 %ile drop in shortlisting this year's student...
Just a 5%ile drop can't be a hinderance that you are questioning it. Marks can never justify a college position, the same goes for aspirants. Just chill & prepare for the journey ahead !! These are petty issues I guess !
@tani90 said:
Just a 5%ile drop can't be a hinderance that you are questioning it. Marks can never justify a college position, the same goes for aspirants. Just chill & prepare for the journey ahead !! These are petty issues I guess !
arey i to was juzz asking... tumne to pura dhang se hi explain kr diya

Date: 19/03/2013

Time: 1pm
Anyone with same date n time????

yeah..19th 1 pm

@stiffler010 : The main aim of the admission coordinators was to get the proper mix of the students. Apart from the cat score profile was also considered and the coordinators concluded that people with the bit lower cat score and good profile should also be given a chance. Hence the drop in percentile.
But please dont take this dip as a route for relaxation. Prepare well for GDPI because competition will be tough.

pls share some gd pi experiences..what shud we expect? is there any page on facebook? any thread sharing gdpi experiences on pagalguy?

@nitinkbhaskar : Sir, what are the testimonials we need to bring for GD/PI?
@stiffler010 said:
arey i to was juzz asking... tumne to pura dhang se hi explain kr diya
LOL šŸ˜ Hehe !
@nitinkbhaskar how many seats are there and is this list of 505 candidates includes the aspirants of reserved categories too?