[2012-2013] PGPSM by NISM Discussions

Hi Puys, This thread is for the third batch of PGPSM. The results will be out on 18th May 2012. Since there was no thread for the current year, I thought of creating one so that we can share our views with one another. After the results are anno...

Hi Puys,
This thread is for the third batch of PGPSM. The results will be out on 18th May 2012. Since there was no thread for the current year, I thought of creating one so that we can share our views with one another. After the results are announced, Kindly post your profile and your decision if you want to join or not.

Here is the link for the previous year thread.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/one-year-pgpsm-by-nism-established-by-sebi-class-of-2011-2012-25063566

Hi Puys,
This thread is for the third batch of PGPSM. The results will be out on 18th May 2012. Since there was no thread for the current year, I thought of creating one so that we can share our views with one another. After the results are announced, Kindly post your profile and your decision if you want to join or not.

Here is the link for the previous year thread.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/one-year-pgpsm-by-nism-established-by-sebi-class-of-2011-2012-25063566

Good Intiative abhi,

MY profile is as follows

3.3 yr EXP 2.5 in TCS and 0.8 in samall compamy (Factory)
B.Tech (80%) (VIT)
MBA HR --completed and waiting for results (distance)
Pursuing few certifiction courses

what about yours? are u willing to join If you are selected?

HI Every One,

I am a Btech in computer Science from NIT jamshedpur. currently Working with TCS and has experience of 2.5 years.

Will this course help me in my career ...considering the placement scenario is not clear....

please Suggest?

Good Intiative abhi,

MY profile is as follows

3.3 yr EXP 2.5 in TCS and 0.8 in samall compamy (Factory)
B.Tech (80%) (VIT)
MBA HR --completed and waiting for results (distance)
Pursuing few certifiction courses

what about yours? are u willing to join If you are selected?

hey, i am a commerce graduate..with no work exp..and yeah i'll be joining if i get selected
HI Every One,

I am a Btech in computer Science from NIT jamshedpur. currently Working with TCS and has experience of 2.5 years.

Will this course help me in my career ...considering the placement scenario is not clear....

please Suggest?

hey Dark Avenger, first you need to be clear of your career goals..if you wish to make a career in securities market, then this course will be definitely helpful..and placements scenarios is good..but one thing is clearly mentioned on their website that they do no guarantee placements..the logic being if the company that comes for the placement does not find a fit for the job, then it will definitely not pick students..hope it helps

the result is out on the site..unfortunately i am not selected..i think they do not want freshers..any fresher selected plz reply..

same here did not make it through, tough luck!!! Had a good interview and even better essay.....

Hi all,
I got selected for the PGPSM 2012-2013 batch. My profile is as follows:

10th:87%
12:90%
Graduation: 74%

Working in an IT consultancy for the past 1 year.
I am not too sure about joining it. Could anybody throw some light over the Institute, faculty and opportunities after the course?

Hey i hv been selected for the course......
nyone from pune who's planing 2 join?

Hi All,

I have been selected 😃 from hyd :)

mostly joining :)

Had discussions wid faculty of placements, admissions, ex-students and some recruiters..... interesting :)

hostel facilities r also gud as students said..... so opting for it......

hey is it possible 4 u 2 give me contact of any ex-student....
email id or sumthing.....wanted 2 discuss d course details....

what i heard from the seniors is if you dont have any backup for placements better dont join But if you are interseted in learning something instead of placements then you can give a try

Hi all,
I got selected for the PGPSM 2012-2013 batch. My profile is as follows:

10th:87%
12:90%
Graduation: 74%

Working in an IT consultancy for the past 1 year.
I am not too sure about joining it. Could anybody throw some light over the Institute, faculty and opportunities after the course?

what i heard from the seniors is if you dont have any backup for placements better dont join But if you are interseted in learning something instead of placements then you can give a try
Hi All,

I have been selected 😃 from hyd :)

mostly joining :)

Had discussions wid faculty of placements, admissions, ex-students and some recruiters..... interesting :)

hostel facilities r also gud as students said..... so opting for it......

Hi Khiller
May i Know your name Please

NIKESH
?

NISM facilitate placement opportunities. Though there has been lull as compared to last year, we are making good progress. Out of 28 students of the current batch we have placed 13 students so far . Four companies are in pipeline and hoping to place all of them by mid of May 2012.

Companies visited for campus selections:
Asit C. Mehta Intermediaries Ltd.
CARE Ratings
Capgemini
Darashaw & Co. Ltd.
ICICI Bank Ltd.
ICRA Management Consulting Services Ltd.
IRIS Business Solutions Ltd.
JMN Investment Research Ltd.
JP Morgan
Markit
Syntel
Credit Suisse
A.K. Capital Ltd.,
I-peritus
Offered positions like Management Trainee, Associate Analyst, Business Associate, Business Analyst, Analyst (Equity/Debt/Derivatives), Vice President (Operations), Research Associates, Trainee Associates etc.

Management Trainees : during first year were offered 30000/- pm during first year along with 50K retention bonus. Later to move a package in the range of 6 to 7 lacs.

Others were in the range of 4.5 lacs to 7.50 lacs.
Two seniors guys in the past were offered above 12 lacs.

However, placement is lot more depend on the candidate. You have to do well in academics. If you are looking only for placement, we advise you to rethink, since we do not guarantee.

Best wishes,

PGPSM Admissions
NISM
- This is the mail that i had received from NISM when I asked them about the placements. So, I dropped the idea of taking the test even after registering for it. Guys, please make your decisions based on your long term career goals. Why do u want to join this course.Because it is a very specific course!!!!

i am selected for 2012-13 batch from mumbai.
Shall I join this course???
Currently working in mumbai at NSDL. I have already done MBA in finance with total work ex of 27 months. Current CTC 4.2 Lac....

What is the placemebt scenario
????????????

I am Nikesh Chitlangya,

You can have a look at this discussion : Wall Photos | Facebook

Here you can find the email ids of ex-students as given by the faculty (AVP).

Also I have numbers of ex-students, but sorry cannot post as they asked me not to..

hey nikesh thanx 4 d FB link....it really helped....
rituagrawal88 Says
hey nikesh thanx 4 d FB link....it really helped....

So, are you joining.
i am selected for 2012-13 batch from mumbai.
Currently working in mumbai at NSDL. I have already done MBA in finance with total work ex of 27 months. Current CTC 4.2 Lac....

What is the placemebt scenario
????????????

Dear Anuj,

Placements have not been a concerned for the deserving students. You can go through the profiles of ex-students on linkedin.

It would be a wise decision to join the course.
Arjun Singh Chauhan Says
So, are you joining.

ya i am joining....
u also selected 4 d course?