[2012-14] IIM Ahmedabad PGP-ABM Final Results

Dear all IIM-A has declared the final results of PGP-ABM , 2012-14 batch! Result link : Admission status: IIMA Congratulations to all those who got through and all the best to waitlisted candidates. Please carry on with furthe…

Dear all

IIM-A has declared the final results of PGP-ABM , 2012-14 batch!

Result link : Admission status: IIMA

Congratulations to all those who got through and all the best to waitlisted candidates.

Please carry on with further discussions here!

Cheers!

We can start in a systematic manner here...and thanks Vision sir for creating the thread!

10th Marks:
12th Marks:
Degree Marks and Field:
Work ex:
Convert/waitlisted- (If waitlisted then waitlist number):
Category:
Joining/Not joining:
Any other more important pending results:

So lets start fellow puys and congrats for all those who have converted and best of luck to waitlisted persons:

In addition the convertees can start all discussions regarding ABM, Loans and classres here itself!

10th Marks: 86.4
12th Marks: 88.6 (commerce)
Degree Marks and Field: 64.2, Bachelors in Finance, DU
Work ex: Interest rates trading, 15 months
Convert/waitlist: converted
Category: general
Joining/Not joining: thoroughly confused
Any other more important pending results: cleared NMIMS, pending: IIML, MDI, XLRI BM, FMS

Hi. If there are any seniors reading this, I have a genuine concern regarding admission in ABM as vis a vis NMIMS finance. Unlike what it may appear like on face, I am not opposed to a career in ABM. I am very happy to have converted this prestigious call. And I truly believe the sector has tremendous potential. But I will be almost discounting my degree in finance and my work ex, both in finance.
I've asked many people this, and at the end of the day the response I've got from many people in the industry itself is that my profile till now wont count for much. Do you have any advice? I certainly will not like to be starting from scratch again...

Was looking forward to posting here. Im absolutely thrilled!! Its a dream come true!

10th Marks: 93%
12th Marks: 78%
Degree Marks and Field: B. Sc (H) Food Technology from DU - 71%
Work ex: -
Convert/waitlisted- (If waitlisted then waitlist number): Converted! :)
Category: General
Joining/Not joining: Joining without a hint of doubt! :grin:
Any other more important pending results: IIM- Ranchi, IMI Delhi

I did it!
SO HAPPY!! :cheerio:

THIS WAS MY ONLY HOPE FOR MAKING IT INTO IIM A

10th Marks:90.16
12th Marks:88.8
Degree Marks and Field:78.5% B TECH FOOD TECHNOLOGY (HBTI KANPUR (UPTU))
Work ex:0 FINAL YEAR
Convert/waitlisted- CONVERTED (If waitlisted then waitlist number):
Category:GENERAL
Joining/Not joining:JOINING FOR SURE
Any other more important pending results: XLRI, IIM L (ABM) , IIM RANCHI, IMT - CONVERTED

SENIORS - PLZZZ HELP

Q1 when do the classes begin i mean the approximate date?
Q2 what are the procedures for getting a loan (does iim a provides loan on admission letter) ?
Q3 what is the approximate amount we will have to submit for confirming the seat ( how much do i need to be ready with before i get a loan ) ?

open a page on fb someone.

Congrats everyone for making it to A.

10th Marks: 86.4
12th Marks: 88.6 (commerce)
Degree Marks and Field: 64.2, Bachelors in Finance, DU
Work ex: Interest rates trading, 15 months
Convert/waitlist: converted
Category: general
Joining/Not joining: thoroughly confused
Any other more important pending results: cleared NMIMS, pending: IIML, MDI, XLRI BM, FMS

Hi. If there are any seniors reading this, I have a genuine concern regarding admission in ABM as vis a vis NMIMS finance. Unlike what it may appear like on face, I am not opposed to a career in ABM. I am very happy to have converted this prestigious call. And I truly believe the sector has tremendous potential. But I will be almost discounting my degree in finance and my work ex, both in finance.
I've asked many people this, and at the end of the day the response I've got from many people in the industry itself is that my profile till now wont count for much. Do you have any advice? I certainly will not like to be starting from scratch again...

dude... do you have L ABM or L PGP pending?? will advise you to go for L PGP over A ABM.

@nakul
Do not worry about loans. last year CBI was giving out 20L loans without any collateral within 5 min. other banks like UBI and SBI also have hassle free processes.

The course usually starts sometime during third week of june but ABM guys have some ABM prep program so u may have to reach here earlier.
Congrats everyone for making it to A.

dude... do you have L ABM or L PGP pending?? will advise you to go for L PGP over A ABM.

Hmm.. I have PGP, so yeah, that is definitely my priority IF I convert it.

Anyways, I get your point. Better let the chicks hatch...

Congratulations to all who converted!! The conversion rate for this course is one of the toughest!!
SENIORS - PLZZZ HELP

Q1 when do the classes begin i mean the approximate date?
Q2 what are the procedures for getting a loan (does iim a provides loan on admission letter) ?
Q3 what is the approximate amount we will have to submit for confirming the seat ( how much do i need to be ready with before i get a loan ) ?

@Nakul....

Classes begin in the end of June generally. June 20th was the registration date last year. Not sure about this year, but guessing it might be the same time around. However, there will be a prep-course for some selected students. Not sure about the details. You will receive an official communication in a week maximum generally.

Regarding the loan, we have an SBI branch in the campus which offers loans for the students. There are students (like me) who took it from other banks like Central Bank of India and SBI branches outside the campus/ in their respective home towns. The SBI campus branch sends a letter to you along with the official communication letter of IIM A.

The approximate amount to be paid and the related fees details and procedures will be communicated to you in the letter you will receive from IIM A admissions office. Do not worry, you will have enough time for all the processing of the loan to be done before you pay the fees.

waiting for IIML-PGP, will not join if i convert that.

got selected!

10th Marks: 73.46 %
12th Marks: 80.17 %
Degree Marks and Field: M.Tech. Biotechnology
Work ex: 30 Months Research
Convert/waitlisted- Convert
Category: SC
Joining/Not joining: most probably joining but waiting for other relevant results to come out!

I received IIMA PGPABM letter yesterday (Hard Copy). The letter mentioned that there is some preparatory course starting on may 29 for pgpabm. It also said the preparatory course is compulsary. I think they've asked 5K to confirm the admission along with many forms like medical fitness, category certificates, college certificate if you dont have Degree Certificate.

They also sent a brochure from Central Bank of India.

10th Marks:67
12th Marks:65
Degree Marks and Field: 80% B.Sc(agri) and one year PGP-Agri warehousing and SCM(MANAGE,Hyd)
Work ex: 36 months in agriculture
Convert/waitlisted- CONVERTED (If waitlisted then waitlist number): Converted
Category:SC
Any other more important pending results: IIM L(PGP & PGP-ABM),6 new IIMs,FMS.
Should I attend FMS interview or not? I have FMS interview on 26th. please give me any suggestions.

Degree Marks and Field: 80% B.Sc(agri) and one year PGP-Agri warehousing and SCM(MANAGE,Hyd)
Should I attend FMS interview or not? I have FMS interview on 26th. please give me any suggestions.

If you are sure of what you want, do not listen to others suggestions.

Hi. I definitely think you should still give FMS. I dont need to tell you how great it is. Plus, if your sole interest is getting into ABM as a career, remember that you can still do that after an MBA from FMS. On the other hand, you wont be able to change streams after PGP-ABM. It boils down to keeping your options open, in this case 2 very amazing options.

But since you're considering not giving FMS interview, I think you are very keen to enter (continue?) this field, given your background. So ultimately it is upto your desire for ABM. If its strong enough to forego FMS, good for you! This course is meant for you!

On a side note, there is also the issue of cost. I know that one shouldnt look at Rs 7.5 L an year as extravagant for the purpose of MBA, but I know I would be highly tempted to go in for a Rs 10k course. Reason being, in case of any problems 2 yrs down the line regarding the economy (most probably wont), at least my investment will not be a burden.

I think you should think again before taking this course. You have already experiance of Bsc. Agri and PGP agri warehousing so PGP ABM course will not add any significant value to your career whereas IIM L PGP or FMS can diversify your career aspect. This is totally my view.

Status so far:

Definitely Joining:
dkaushik2012
dsmart
nakulgulati
priyanshi2020
sagar524126
RahulYD

Waiting for other result or not joining:
cool_indyan(GEN)
preetishrao(GEN)
replyfrankly(GEN)..this man has converted joka shayad