[2011] SIOM Nashik Admission Queries

This thread is dedicated to answer all your queries related to SIOM(Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management) admission for batch 2011… Please feel free to post any query here,we wud try our best to answer it as early as possible Regar…

This thread is dedicated to answer all your queries related to SIOM(Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management) admission for batch 2011..
Please feel free to post any query here,we wud try our best to answer it as early as possible

Regards,
Abhinav
MBA 09-11

Your first step towards SIOM:

SNAP '10 : 19th December 2010

Link to official SNAP 2010 discussion forum on PG : Click Here

All the Best Puys !!!

Hi Puys,

I am a hotel management graduate. I have seen the syllabus of SIOM. I think I would be interested in it, but many told me its basically designed only for engg and not for any other graduates. Is this a myth and what are the job profiles after the mba in OM and the scope of it?

Waiting for the reply,
Thanks

PLZ tell abt the placements and total no. of seats.........

Hi Puys,

I am a hotel management graduate. I have seen the syllabus of SIOM. I think I would be interested in it, but many told me its basically designed only for engg and not for any other graduates. Is this a myth and what are the job profiles after the mba in OM and the scope of it?

Waiting for the reply,
Thanks

Hi Adikderkar86,
Yes you have heard it right... The basic eligibility criteria to enter SIOM is to possess a B.Tech/B.E. degree...
abhadani Says
PLZ tell abt the placements and total no. of seats.........

Hi abhadani
  1. The total intake is for 120 students...
  2. For the latest updates on placement you can visit the placement page on SIOM we
bsite Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management - SIOM, Nashik

Could you please brief me on the placement scenario in SIOM..?what are the job roles you get after MBA(Operation Mgmt).... How different OPERATION is from IT...?

mou.c08 Says
Could you please brief me on the placement scenario in SIOM..?what are the job roles you get after MBA(Operation Mgmt).... How different OPERATION is from IT...?

Hi
The placement scenario is improvizing batch after batch...
You can get the list of recruiters and other placement details here : SIOM - Symbiosis Institute Of Operations Management

Reg. the job roles.. they vary from Consultants, Project Managers, Quality Managers, Managers, SCM Manager, Logisitics Manager and so on....

We don't differentiate operations with IT here, but try look at the IT industry from an Operations Mgmt. point of view... you can expect of getting into profiles of project management, quality, service management, etc.

hope this clears your doubt, if not do let us know again...
Hi
The placement scenario is improvizing batch after batch...
You can get the list of recruiters and other placement details here : SIOM - Symbiosis Institute Of Operations Management

Reg. the job roles.. they vary from Consultants, Project Managers, Quality Managers, Managers, SCM Manager, Logisitics Manager and so on....

We don't differentiate operations with IT here, but try look at the IT industry from an Operations Mgmt. point of view... you can expect of getting into profiles of project management, quality, service management, etc.

hope this clears your doubt, if not do let us know again...

sir .
i have second division in 12 bt i have 80+ in my 10th and graduation is thr any affect of my selcetion in siom due to less marks in 12th
sir .
i have second division in 12 bt i have 80+ in my 10th and graduation is thr any affect of my selcetion in siom due to less marks in 12th

First of all, no 'sir' please :)
Your marks won't affect much.. don't worry....
score good in SNAP for getting into the GD-PI round... and then its on you to clear the round and your marks won't play any role there...

seniors plz tell me what's the total fee for two yrs (inclusive of hostel & mess charges).also tell me whether it achieved 100% placement or not for the last passed out batch.

@rahul

Fees structure for the two year course for 2010-2012 batch is 6.65 lakhs and for the placements related figures please refer the college website.

rahul_010 Says
seniors plz tell me what's the total fee for two yrs (inclusive of hostel & mess charges).also tell me whether it achieved 100% placement or not for the last passed out batch.

For fee structure: SIOM - Symbiosis Institute Of Operations Management

for 2010 pass out batch 100% placement was achieved. for further figures and recruiter list you can refer SIOM - Symbiosis Institute Of Operations Management

hi..
10th;88%
12th:86%
engg:64%(comp sci engg)

i would be having exp of 1year in cts this dec..do i have a chance..
acordg to last year wat score is reqd for me to get in?

hi..
10th;88%
12th:86%
engg:64%(comp sci engg)

i would be having exp of 1year in cts this dec..do i have a chance..
acordg to last year wat score is reqd for me to get in?

Hey winner44..

u hav a good chance f getting thru... u nvr kno d field dis yr around....if better profiles apply then it cant b said...the best thing is to score as high as possible to be safe...this college short lists purely on profile basis..

ATB

Hi,
Whats the wght of profile & acads SIOM considers in?

I am having 3 years of workex in IT (Mahindra Satyam); in Customer Relationship Management Domain, client - CitiBank
Acads: M.S. in S/W Engg from BITS Pilani(work integrated), B.Tech Electrical
Extra Circ: Pretty Good... winner, runner in music in couple of national level youth festivals, good in literary too.

also please suggest what other Symb clgs give good wght to profile...

the weightage is not disclosed...but for guys with work ex more weightage is given to their profile and is relevance to operations...u hav good chances of making thru...ensure tht u hav a descent score in snap...

even SCMHRD gives weightage to profile..

hello guys,
i want to know that how much score required for SIOM in SNAP EXAM.
atleast can you able to give me last year cut-off so it will be helpfull me.
and also in GD & PI,experience is considered or not??????