[2011] SCMHRD Admission Discussions

Welcome to the Official SCMHRD Admissions 2011-13 thread on Pagalguy!! :: : Its that time of the year when you are burdened with too many questions and too few answers. Dont Worry!! We, the Admissions Team-SCMHRD, are here to ease your load. …

Welcome to the Official SCMHRD Admissions 2011-13 thread on Pagalguy!!:
Its that time of the year when you are burdened with too many questions and too few answers. Dont Worry!! We, the Admissions Team-SCMHRD, are here to ease your load.
Write in to us with any doubts or clarifications you need, and rest assured your queries would be answered as promptly as possible.
Disclaimers:
Please read the entire thread before asking your queries, since they might have been answered previously. We are here to help you, and all we want from you is a little bit of patience and good faith.
Also, we request you to refrain from making comparisons of any kind or any other such comments which would be inappropriate on the public forum.
Please feel free to PM or email us at [email protected] for any concerns not relevant to the thread's general discussion.
All the best for your preparations!! :cheerio:

sir,is it trues scmhrd gives profile based calls..? i have an average acads,no extra curriculars and no work ex

what are my chances of getting a call and a final convert?

Though it's true that SCMHRD gives profile based calls, we also give weightage to SNAP score. So you can get a blanket call if you have a high score in SNAP.

So prepare well and ATB!!

sir,is it trues scmhrd gives profile based calls..? i have an average acads,no extra curriculars and no work ex

My friend, it is true that SCMHRD gives profile based calls. But it also gives blanket calls to quite a few candidates who score very well in the SNAP exam. I know this because this year I had a call from them, which I, unfortunately, couldn't convert owing to average acads, no extra-curriculars and almost negligible work-ex. I had an excellent GD\PI but I guess my average profile did me in. However, I would advise you to apply to SCMHRD as it is a wonderful college. And, if you do manage to get a call from them, you have a good chance of converting it too. Best of luck!

Shinx sir , how far does the SNAP score influence a candidate's selection at SCMHRD .

i mean , as you said one can get a call if one performs exceptionally well at SNAP , but after one gets a call on the basis of that is he treated at par with other students (with good acads + work ex) for the final selection (GD /PI) ? or even there do the candidates with good acads and work ex have an upper hand ?

it would be great if we could get the marks wise / percentage-wise bifurcation of weightages in the selection process.

SNAP score is one among the selection criteria on the basis of which GD/PI calls are given. Some of the other criteria are academics, past work- Ex, extracurriculars, overall profile, GD and PI etc. All these factors are taken into account while making the final selection.

guys. two questions.
1 at what score last year did one get blanket call.
2 what is the 2 years total fees at scmhrd including tution,hostel and other fees.......

guys. two questions.
2 what is the 2 years total fees at scmhrd including tution,hostel and other fees.......

blanket calls at 113... fees is around 3 lacs pa i guess

again...u can get a blanket call if ur snap score is really high.. sibm gave calls at 107 and scmhrd gave blanket at 113
guys. two questions.

1. Last year the blanket call was around 113
2. The fees for 2011-2013 is yet to be decided. The fees for 2010-2012 is 8.86 lakhs(for two years-all inclusive)

Plz some one tell me, what is blanket call?

ABCLIKS Says

SCMHRD always give profile based calls but last year all people scoring more than 113 were called irrespective of their profiles....These are known as blanket calls...I hope I am clear..
ABCLIKS Says

Last year the blanket call was around 113...it is decided on the basis of overall performance in SNAP
So any candidate clearing the blanket, would get a GD-PI call. However to make the final convert, you would have to perform well at GD PI as well...
Hope this helps!!!

I couldnt find a mandatory disclosure of 2010 on d site with the latest details...can d admissions team plz upload it nd post it here as well??...

ABCLIKS Says

a call given to everybody having the stated score.. and it is irrespective of profile
Last year the blanket call was around 113...it is decided on the basis of overall performance in SNAP
So any candidate clearing the blanket, would get a GD-PI call. However to make the final convert, you would have to perform well at GD PI as well...
Hope this helps!!!

1) So a candidate's profile is considered only till the time of issuing calls and if he manages to hit the blanket call threshold , his profile is overlooked completely from the point he clears his eligibility to apply and is very much in the race to SCMHRD?

is this correct sir ?

2) Sir , could we get a frank opinion on how many of those actual blanket call getters actually manage to convert it into SCMHRD ?

PS : I'd request only Shinx sir to answer the first question
PPS : Second question is open to all
1) So a candidate's profile is considered only till the time of issuing calls and if he manages to hit the blanket call threshold , his profile is overlooked completely from the point he clears his eligibility to apply and is very much in the race to SCMHRD?

is this correct sir ?

2) Sir , could we get a frank opinion on how many of those actual blanket call getters actually manage to convert it into SCMHRD ?

Even if u get a blanket call,u're profile will not be completely overlooked..u'll have to justify ur low grades/inactivity in school/clg nd besides show ur passion nd reason for doing an MBA...

As for ur second ques,d trend is almost similar to those getting selected without blanket call(dis means dat d % of people getting converting the call from those called is almost same for those with blanket calls and those without it)....but my personal opinion is dat converting SCMHRD for freshers widout gud grades(80+ avg of 10,12 nd grad) nd less of extra-curriculars is one hell of a task

is this correct sir ?

1. Having a blanket call only ensures your participation in the GD PI process. Your final convert depends on numerous criteria such as academics, past work ex, extra-curriculars, achievements, leadership roles taken up, SNAP score and performance in GD-PI. Based on research findings, the exact weightage given to each criteria vary each year.

Hope this clears...
Even if u get a blanket call,u're profile will not be completely overlooked..u'll have to justify ur low grades/inactivity in school/clg nd besides show ur passion nd reason for doing an MBA...

As for ur second ques,d trend is almost similar to those getting selected without blanket call(dis means dat d % of people getting converting the call from those called is almost same for those with blanket calls and those without it)....but my personal opinion is dat converting SCMHRD for freshers widout gud grades(80+ avg of 10,12 nd grad) nd less of extra-curriculars is one hell of a task

1. Having a blanket call only ensures your participation in the GD PI process. Your final convert depends on numerous criteria such as academics, past work ex, extra-curriculars, achievements, leadership roles taken up, SNAP score and performance in GD-PI. Based on research findings, the exact weightage given to each criteria vary each year.

Hope this clears...

thank you both Rahul and Shinx sir , now that's what i call a clear picture :)

i certainly don't comply with any of those requirements so no more queries from me

hello sir, i am saurabh from delhi and preparing for SNAP. My father is a defence personal also and i have a work ex of 28 months in IT industry as R&D; Software Engg. So i just want to know that how much shd i score in snap to get a call from SIBM, SCMHRD and SIMS. plz tell me if any specific preparation is required for SNAP exam, I am very much keen to get admission in these colloges of symbi.