[2011] Official Thread for NITIE Admission Queries 2011-2013 session

Hii all, NITIE, Mumbai announces Admission to the following programs batch 1. PGDIM 2. PGDITM 3. PGDISEM Eligibility criteria: All first class engineering/technology graduates are eligible to apply ( 5% relaxation for SC/ST…

Hii all,
NITIE, Mumbai announces Admission to the following programs batch

1. PGDIM
2. PGDITM
3. PGDISEM

Eligibility criteria:
All first class engineering/technology graduates are eligible to apply ( 5% relaxation for SC/ST/PD Candidates)
All applicants are expected to write CAT 2010 exam as we accept only CAT Score for admissions.

Important Dates
Issue of brochure/ online application begins : October 4 , 2010
Last date for submission of online applications : November 30, 2010

For further details, please find attached the admission notification

Please shoot your any admission related queries here and we will be more than happy to answer them to the best of our capabilities.

Just 1 rule :)
No comparison with other colleges will be accepted or responded by any of us.

Link to be used to go to Login/Registration Page
NITIE Online Application - PGDIM/PGDISEM/PGDITM
Application Fee : Rs. 1000 only

Last Date for submission of online applications: 21 December, 2010
Last date for recieving hard copy of application by post: 31 December, 2010

Few General Instructions

1. You need to send print out of form along with bank challan with application for number mentioned on its back. 4 self addressed stickers also need to be sent along with the form.

2. Photocopies of 10, 12 and B.Tech marksheets to be sent along with form along with work experience proof ( if applicable).

3.Though it is mentioned in point number 7 on website ( in instructions for applying online) that documents should be attested, it is not necessary at this stage. Even un attested documents will be duly accepted.

4. For work ex proof, copy of joining letter and latest salary slip will suffice. ( sending work ex proof is not mandatory at this stage , you will be required to produce it during GDPI )

5. Unattested photocopies are being accepted.

You can post your query at facebook as well: NITIE's MBA 2011-13 Session Admission Queries | Facebook

All the best to those who are aiming to get into one of the most coveted B-Schools. :thumbsup:

Regards,
Varun Saxena
PGDIM 17

thanks. few queries.
waht is the total course fee of 2 years including hostel fees for all the courses at nitie .......
2 what was last years cutoff for pgdim and pgdisem....
3 i want to apply for pgdim and pgdisem ....can i apply in 1 form............

Hmmm first post for queries of new session ..so I try to answer them as per my knowledge :biggrin:

thanks. few queries.
waht is the total course fee of 2 years including hostel fees for all the courses at nitie .......
2 what was last years cutoff for pgdim and pgdisem....
3 i want to apply for pgdim and pgdisem ....can i apply in 1 form............

1) As per last year, First year fees is 1,30,500 /= and for second year, you need to pay tution fees (Rs 1,00,000) and hostel fees (Rs9.000). Please note this data is based on last year, it may get revised.

2) PGDIM cut off - 98.26 % ile
PGDITM cut off - 97.5 % ile
PGISEM cut off -- approx 90% ile ( I am not sure but would confirm) However, please note that PGDISEM is a specialized course. Aspirant with related profile can get calls at lower percentile and many could not get call even at higher percentile.

3) As per last year, you can't apply more than once.
In one form you would be asked for your perfernce order (1,2,3) for all the streams and you need to be sure about your preference as most probably the first preference would be taken into consideration when calls would be given for gd/pi.

Hope this would help :)

Regards

What was the sectional cut off for last year ?

Is NITIE Website down!!!!

Hmmm first post for queries of new session ..so I try to answer them as per my knowledge :biggrin:

1) As per last year, First year fees is 1,30,500 /= and for second year, you need to pay tution fees (Rs 1,00,000) and hostel fees (Rs9.000). Please note this data is based on last year, it may get revised.

2) PGDIM cut off - 98.26 % ile
PGDITM cut off - 97.5 % ile
PGISEM cut off -- approx 90% ile ( I am not sure but would confirm) However, please note that PGDISEM is a specialized course. Aspirant with related profile can get calls at lower percentile and many could not get call even at higher percentile.

In one form you would be asked for your perfernce order (1,2,3) for all the streams and you need to be sure about your preference as most probably the first preference would be taken into consideration when calls would be given for gd/pi.

Regards

ok 1 more thing. if 1 gets 99+ percentile then can he get calls from all 3 courses if had filled them in the application form.......

Is the above mentioned percentile is for the general category?

shivs Says
What was the sectional cut off for last year ?

You need to get minimum percentile in each sectional. Earlier years, minimum percentile range was around 80-85%ile . However after the inception of Online CAT, last year score were more alance and hence minimum percentile came around 75%ile. Hence, it depends upon this year trend. but do try to get sufficent percentile in each sections to be safe for gd/pi.

manihar.sidhart Says
Is NITIE Website down!!!!

Yes, nitie.edu is down. It would be up in few days.
Once, the site is up, everyone would be informed.>

visioniim Says
ok 1 more thing. if 1 gets 99+ percentile then can he get calls from all 3 courses if had filled them in the application form.......

As per last year, you would not be called for more than 1 course even if you score more than 99%ile i.e even 99.90%ile. Hence, think of your prefernece before hand.
Further, why you want more than 1 course shortlist ?? In the end, you would like to do your MBA in one.Each and every course have their own USP. So, think and decide before hand.

aspire4success Says
Is the above mentioned percentile is for the general category?

Yes, it is for general 😃

1. PGDIM
2. PGDITM
3. PGDISEM
Please elaborate in detail about all 3 courses.. (nitie.edu is down.. cant search it there)

1. PGDIM
2. PGDITM
3. PGDISEM
Please elaborate in detail about all 3 courses.. (nitie.edu is down.. cant search it there)

A brief snapshot of courses is as :
1. PGDIM
Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management , flagship course of NITIE... you can select electives as per your interest in finance, marketing , operations and supply chain management and go ahead with the career in that field.

2. PGDITM
Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management, course for people who wish to specialize in IT

3. PGDISEM
Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Safety and Environmental Management, a niche course for people willing to build career in this domain.

Cheers,
Varun

Seniors... Can you plz throw some light on the industry sponsored candidates?? What are the requirements and eligibility criteria???

Reading a few posts i figured that non-engineering graduates are not admitted into N.I.T.I.E. Hmmm...So even the C.A.T. doorway into P.G.D.I.M. is meant for engineers and engineers only???

Regards

hey , what do u mean by " u cannot apply more than once". I dont think nitie has any cap on the number of attempts you can have at applying. I shall be applying for the second time this year.
tkbullroarer Says
Reading a few posts i figured that non-engineering graduates are not admitted into N.I.T.I.E. Hmmm...So even the C.A.T. doorway into P.G.D.I.M. is meant for engineers and engineers only???

yes.. even the CAT doorway for any of the 3 courses is meant only for engineers.

Artaxerxes Says
hey , what do u mean by " u cannot apply more than once". I dont think nitie has any cap on the number of attempts you can have at applying. I shall be applying for the second time this year.

yea, there is no cap on number of times one can apply. I, myself applied for second time last year when i got an admit.. feel free to apply this year as well . All the best :thumbsup:

raghav169garg Says
Seniors... Can you plz throw some light on the industry sponsored candidates?? What are the requirements and eligibility criteria???

will get back to you on this by today evening.

Regards
Varun

does it give preference to work-ex?

abhadani Says
does it give preference to work-ex?

No seperate weightage to work ex is given as such... however, it definitely helps to have work ex!

Varun
raghav169garg Says

1. You need to fill the form , submit it along with 3 recommendations from your company.

2. On the basis of form, you will be called directly for Personal Interview.. no group discussion.

3. Writing CAT is not necessary for industry sponsored candidates.

here are my queries:

1. Does NITIE give GD/PI calls purely on the basis of performance in CAT, OR do they consider other factors such as past academic record and Work -Ex also??

2. what was the exact cut-off of the PGDISEM course??

3. what kind of job profiles are offered to the PGDISEM students?

1. NITIE gives GD/PI calls purely on the basis of performance in CAT ... No weightage is given to work ex or past acads for giving out shortlist for interviews and group discussions.

2. No exact cut off is there for PGDISEM Course. There are even profile based calls only for this course , so a person might get a call even at low score and a person at higher score might miss it.( Profile+ score ) combination is analysed for giving out calls for this course.

3. This is a niche course in industry and profiles offered are very coveted ones in the field of environmental and industrial safety area... Most of the profiles offered are oriented towards environmental safety acts/initiatives of the companies.

Varun

can pharmacy student eligible to apply ?

Only Engineers are eligible to apply