2011 MICA GE/PI Experiences

Dear Puys, Share your Mica 2011 ge-pi experiences here. Keep it detailed. Wish you all the best.

Dear Puys,

Share your Mica 2011 ge-pi experiences here. Keep it detailed.

Wish you all the best.

Hello puys,wish you all the luck,hope all give their best & achieve their ultimate aim to be a fellow MICA'n 😃

As written in the Facebook community i m quoting the same

".GE was about to prepare a campaign for deaf and dumb people in Bihar!!..Interviews still going on and are mostly chilled out!!..You are mostly the one driving it!"

lets wait for some puys to give details about the same

So the process is simmilar they followed last year so less reasons to worry

okay so here goes guys..

GE: design an innovative selection method for radio jockeys.
all of us contributed, this friend of mine and I stood out a little bit.
ma'm complimented us on out behavior at the end. a lot of fun.
GE finished at 10:45ish.

Found out interviews were happening according to roll numbers: I was 18th!!!!
Had the director on my panel, lovely man.
waited and waited and waited.. finally at 6:30, sick with anticipation, my turn came.
after 8 long hours of waiting my interview was for 11 mins, 4 out of which I was asking them questions, lol.
D - Director
M - Man from Mudhra group
L - Lady
me - me

Enter:
L - how o you pronounce your name? blah?

Yes, Blah

L - its a lovely name

thank you, my mother is very proud of it.

D - really? why?

told a funny story about the coining of my name.. all of them laughed a lot.

M - lets start differently, okay, tell me three reasons as to why we shouldn't take you into mica?

said three very different things.. made them laugh a lot again..
chetan bhagat came up somewhere and I criticized him majorly. to which:

M: haha, you're hired, leave this and come join mudhra.

L - arun (M) is this what you're doing?

me: he's being a sly recruiter

everyone laughed again..

then:
L - why mica?

I gave a very off beat answer about intuition and stuff..

D - why the shift from biochemistry?

talked about how much mugging up there was, dry course, etc..

L - Do you have any questions for us?

asked some new type questions and they answered.. and we spoke. they smiled and said bye.

it was just 7 mins of them asking me questions.. a lot of laughter.. the girl waiting outside to go in after me actually asked me "how was it? I heard everyone laughing so much."

then they came one hour later and read out "not recommended" list first.
my name wasn't there.. so relieved.. atleast waiting list hai..

Result: SPOT

My interview they didn't ask me anything technical as such.. liked my sense of humor and personality I guess.. lol.

Just go there calmly, smile and do your thing.. that's all that matters. nobody got grilled at all. it was a lovely experience all in all.. everyone enjoyed it..

hey puys... whts up!! nervous?? well don't be... coz everything is pretty kool out there... well i'll stop blabbering, and get on with the stuff you might be interested in...

GE Group: 10 members

Topic: Select a member from your group to stand for the elections in Bihar legislative assembly, and create a pictorial speech for the deaf people. Half the team members are from the same faction as the leader, and half are from the opposing faction

How did it go? Pretty decent I'd say my group was good, everyone co-ordinated well, and we kind of completed the task, so it was pretty well :lookround:

Now for the tougher area, the interview
There were three panel members, two guys and one lady, I really do not remember all the questions, and I'll try to give you a brief... hope it helps:lookround:

Q1: So, your name is Jayita Das, that makes you a bengali.
A: Yes Sir

Q2: You are from Calcutta?
A: Yes Sir, but not from proper Calcutta... I'm frm howrah

Q3: It's the same
A: Well, it's at the other side of the Ganges

Q4: So which side is better?
A: (Smiles) For us, our side, and for Calcuttans, their side (the panel starts laughing as well)

Q5: So, lots of bengalis do come into MICA every year. What do you think is the reason?
A: (how am I supposed to know that?) I blah-ed about some creative activities that most bengalis take up usually as youngsters.

Q6: Tell me something, why are you people so touchy about Sourav Ganguly?
A: (bouncer again) blah blah blah, after a long gap a bengali made into the Indian cricket team, and did so well, sympathy issue... blah blah blah

Q7: So, you did Fashion Technology? What was it all about?
A: blabbered about my course, plzz don't ask what I said

Q8: Do you want to go further in this? ( I think this was an indirect "Why a switch"?)
A: blah blah blah

Q9: Have you ever done anything in this area?
A: blah-ed about some college events

Q10: You have written you like interacting with people, but we all like to do so. So why is it so much important to you?
A: I blabbered about some perspective thingies

Now came the beamers for me... the social and political scenario in West Bengal... I blabbered a lot, and held my position, but couldn't really come up with a solution...

Result: Waitlist

Yaa... so my interview was pretty much customized to bengalis... but the base line is, they are very much chilled out, and no-ones gonna grill you... so just be calm, brace yourself, and wear a smile...
All the best for your turns... :cheerio:

*Edited: Sorry I missed put on Q10 😞

how are people not being questioned on their form at all??

prateekmalpani Says
how are people not being questioned on their form at all??

Dear Prateek... it all depends on the panel... that ways, you can be asked anything under the sun... but the advice would be stick to what you have written in your SOP, do not divert at all, and have a fair enough knowledge of whatever you have written in it

hey it seems u enjoyed ur pi..and they loved ur jokes...
hve u any idea that mica spot offer list consist of only wrk ex people?
or they gve a fair chance to we the freashers...:)

@To people who are already done with the process today- Can we have exact figure of Spot Offers, Waitlists and Rejects for today? I know an approximate number but please confirm just to keep track!!

Thanks
Anand

Dear Puys,

Share your Mica 2011 ge-pi experiences here. Keep it detailed.

Wish you all the best.

...hey thanks for the thread...:cheerio:...my GE PI for mica is on 7th april....n m lil scared...
would like to know like other B schools mica give prefrnce to work ex...and spot offer is given to those hving work ex only...or mica give fair chance to the freshers????
hey puys... whts up!! nervous?? well don't be... coz everything is pretty kool out there... well i'll stop blabbering, and get on with the stuff you might be interested in...

Topic: Select a member from your group to stand for the elections in Bihar legislative assembly, and create a pictorial speech for the deaf people. Half the team members are from the same faction as the leader, and half are from the opposing faction

How did it go? Pretty decent I'd say my group was good, everyone co-ordinated well, and we kind of completed the task, so it was pretty well :lookround:

Now for the tougher area, the interview
There were three panel members, two guys and one lady, I really do not remember all the questions, and I'll try to give you a brief... hope it helps:lookround:

Q1: So, your name is Jayita Das, that makes you a bengali.
A: Yes Sir

Q2: You are from Calcutta?
A: Yes Sir, but not from proper Calcutta... I'm frm howrah

Q3: It's the same
A: Well, it's at the other side of the Ganges

Q4: So which side is better?
A: (Smiles) For us, our side, and for Calcuttans, their side (the panel starts laughing as well)

Q5: So, lots of bengalis do come into MICA every year. What do you think is the reason?
A: (how am I supposed to know that?) I blah-ed about some creative activities that most bengalis take up usually as youngsters.

Q6: Tell me something, why are you people so touchy about Sourav Ganguly?
A: (bouncer again) blah blah blah, after a long gap a bengali made into the Indian cricket team, and did so well, sympathy issue... blah blah blah

Q7: So, you did Fashion Technology? What was it all about?
A: blabbered about my course, plzz don't ask what I said

Q8: Do you want to go further in this? ( I think this was an indirect "Why a switch"?)
A: blah blah blah

Q9: Have you ever done anything in this area?
A: blah-ed about some college events

Q10: You have written you like interacting with people, but we all like to do so. So why is it so much important to you?
A: I blabbered about some perspective thingies

Now came the beamers for me... the social and political scenario in West Bengal... I blabbered a lot, and held my position, but couldn't really come up with a solution...

Result: Waitlist

Yaa... so my interview was pretty much customized to bengalis... but the base line is, they are very much chilled out, and no-ones gonna grill you... so just be calm, brace yourself, and wear a smile...
All the best for your turns... :cheerio:

*Edited: Sorry I missed put on Q10 :(

Hey how many spots and wait lists yesterday?
hey it seems u enjoyed ur pi..and they loved ur jokes...
hve u any idea that mica spot offer list consist of only wrk ex people?
or they gve a fair chance to we the freashers...:)

haha, I'm a 91 born finishing my biochem hons, so it can't get more "fresh" than that. lol.

Do they require original marksheets etc. or the photocopies for document verification?

Hey Puys,

You can post your GE/PI experiences on our Facebook page also:-
GE/PI Experience | Facebook
Congratulations to all those who got through.
Thanks!

Regards

Team Interface - MICA

ohh gr8 to see that freshers are taken in spot list....congratulation buddy.....u helpd me alot.....

ohh gr8...means mica is givng chance to the fresher to b in the spot list.....gr88 congratulation buddy u made it.....

Topic: Select a member from your group to stand for the elections in Bihar legislative assembly, and create a pictorial speech for the deaf people. Half the team members are from it same faction as the leader, and half are from the opposing faction

@jayitadas
cn u tell me what were resources were provided for the ge like sketch pens posters etc...and how was ge executed...ATB hope u finally convert ur call

Hi all,

specially enggs...n super specially IT enggs...

Day starts with the registration process where they collect the SOP form..

Then thers a quick questionaire and a scenario given to which you have to provide a solution...
Questionaire would be something like
Do you exercise regurlarly?? n stuff like that...

Then would be the GE....

heres my GE/PI for you...
GE TOPIC : design an innovative selection method for radio jockeys.
all of us contributed..BUT THERE WAS SOME IRRATIONAL YELLING ..but was decent enough in the end...We suggested some innovative stuff as a part of the selection process..
A Tip : Divide the task at hand to avoid a fish market situation..form smaller groups and then brain storm...trust your partners and avoid being aggressive..

then comes a long long longgggggg wait....
initial ASPIRANTS were grilled for about 20 min each....
but post lunch the panel picked up speed ...

PI
I was called at around 4

Panel members ...
M1 : male ...pretty chilled out was just observing my gestures...
M2 : male with a pony tail ...ad agency guy very intellectual.
M3 : male...faculty ..so no comments :)..tries to test your awareness at times..

Q1 : by M1 ...IT company??? where you from ??? and whers the company situated ....
A...not much difficult..just a brief intro..

Q2 : by M2 ...you getting a pay of 25000 kyun ana hai yahan...??
A...Told him about my interets and curiosity of learning ...n blah blah..

Q3 : by M3.... have you heard about India shining campaign..
A...im not aware of it... :(

Q4 : by M2 ... Which campaign do u like...or tat u analysed??
A .. about a campaign ...blah blah for 2 mins was impressed a litl bit..(tats wat i thought but wait...) M2 and M3 took a long breath n they started countering every facts that i put up...grilled me for 5 mins ..I was just listening....So finally i said i have read about these campaigns and i dont have a comprehensive knowledge about them but i want to learn the entire process...

Q5 : by M2 ...What r u intrstd in ??
A.. inclination towards Account planning/ MR

Q6 : by M2 ..Tell me what is account planning
A. Was waiting for this ..so answered with an example..They looked convinced but not really happy..

Q7 : by M2 ..learn to walk before you run..do u know what a sales executive does?
A. No sir i have no idea about it...So then he explained and also gave some examples of his work...and told about the importance of why a person needs to learn about sales before getting intp account planning..

Q8 : by M1....he was on a rescue mission...gave me a chance ...Do you have any questions for us???
A. asked them "Could you describe a day as an account planner in an ad agency?? Also, What would be the carreer graph like??? "
M1 with a great smile passed the Question to M2 as he was an AP..So M2 explained briefly about the field & asked me a few observational questions..

Finally..we shook hands...
And i left saying "It was an informative session..Thanks alot for the suggestions"

Then again a long wait...sleeping in the audi...been to nescafe thrice...searching for sutta in chota canteen..but disappointed ther too.:P

Results were out at 8
around 10 SPOTS
24 NOT Recommended
The rest i.e. around 50 on Merit/Wait list which will be confirmed on 16th of april (This is where i belong :drinking:)

The day ends and back to base..Coding again :(

Tips i would like to share ::
1. SOP ---its a very big deciding factor...Make sure you complete it before hand and not when you reach Ahmedabad :)
2. Likes/ Dislikes section ..choose the ones you can really back it up with...DONT FAKE...Also remember/note the priorities in which u have written them coz the form needs to be submitted when the process starts..

You can drive the conversation based on your form , so smartly decide what you are best at and fill it up...Don't discuss over the SOP and don't modify it at the last moment that will spoil your preparation..

The key would be to sit alone a day before ...know about urself ..counter yourself on the data in the form and try to answer them.. 😛

I hope this helps...All the best....

Topic: Select a member from your group to stand for the elections in Bihar legislative assembly, and create a pictorial speech for the deaf people. Half the team members are from it same faction as the leader, and half are from the opposing faction

@jayitadas
cn u tell me what were resources were provided for the ge like sketch pens posters etc...and how was ge executed...ATB hope u finally convert ur call

There were two moderators in my GE, who wud give u de task, and wud remind of the time left towards the end. Sketch pens, chart papers, pens, A4 shhets were provided. You get to wear this apron thing in which a no. wud be written, for your identification. I hope this helps. 😃