[2011] FMS Delhi Discussions

HI, i have started this threead to exclusively deal with FMS 2011…is there any other thread already on this topic open…/?? I would like to request all FMS call getter to pour in their advice nd guidelines…plz… we shall be preparingg for b…

HI,
i have started this threead to exclusively deal with FMS 2011...is there any other thread already on this topic open../?? I would like to request all FMS call getter to pour in their advice nd guidelines..plz..
we shall be preparingg for both FMS Delhi and ,FMS BHU..

HI,
i have started this threead to exclusively deal with FMS 2011...is there any other thread already on this topic open../?? I would like to request all FMS call getter to pour in their advice nd guidelines..plz..

i was short-listed for FMS last year ...but unfortunately was not able to convert :(
will share experiences whenever needed

Fellow puys, count me in.

I had taken FMS last year (for the 1st time). Couldn't convert it though!

Can we start discussing on the specific prep we need to do for FMS-2011?

Fellow puys, count me in.

I had taken FMS last year (for the 1st time). Couldn't convert it though!

Can we start discussing on the specific prep we need to do for FMS-2011?

well first thing we should do is collect last 5 year FMS papers.... last year one passage had 24 questions in it...wen i came back home after writing it...someone told me it was a repeat from a previous FMS paper. the more we have the better it is for us. we can mail each other the soft copys

Cheers!!!
Ratter

yes,fellow puys plz start the specific prpartion soon...i m waiting for ur participation and guidance..thank u

where wlll we find past 5 yrs FMS papers..i mean i have search google and found last 2 yrs FMS papers .only..If anyone has link to last 5 yrs FMS papers plz post it herer or PM me.

guys. i amwith u on fms preparation.last year attemptedonly cat but this year eying all top management entrance examsssssss......

Bdw puys...FMS is expected to be held on 5th Dec,2010 as per mbauniverse.com

lkoraj Says
where wlll we find past 5 yrs FMS papers..i mean i have search google and found last 2 yrs FMS papers .only..If anyone has link to last 5 yrs FMS papers plz post it herer or PM me.

Hi Puys,

Count me in too.. I too was not able to get through FMS last year. The difficulty I faced was time. Its like a huge paper compared to other exams with four sections. And that RC was like hell. 4 pages. :-)

Well, What about the last 5 years pages. I too tried but could not get any. Do anyone of us have them.

Is it a real news? Could anyone please confirm?FMS takes place in Jan every year..!!

yes,its on 5thh december....so puys hurry up.!! join in to start preparation..!

hi.. plz check these links ---
http //testfunda.com/ExamPrep/MBA-entrance-exams-tests-last-dates-eligibility-forms-sale-submission-collegesaspx

http// mbauniverse.com/mba-syllabus-papers/cat-exam/mba-exam-FMS-exam-2010]wwwmbauniverse.com/mba-syllabus-papers/cat-exam/mba-exam-FMS-exam-2010php

I think the best thing to start with is... learning vocabulary, I think Barron will be useful..1 wordlist in two days...and practising LR/DI and Quant daily for atleast one hour each...!!

I think the best thing to start with is... learning vocabulary, I think Barron will be useful..1 wordlist in two days...and practising LR/DI and Quant daily for atleast one hour each...!!

a good initiative... i d say... rather we should go for some analogy kind of questions ... i mean ... we could learn more words...and practice the same..... ny one having links to previous papers??? that ll be better for a start... as the passage last time has been said to be of the previous papers!!!

cheers

noobard :cheerio:

m in too :-)
pls suggest ways to increase speed in QA n LDI...

puys count me in too.this will be my first attempt at FMS.i have one method of vocab building.while reading, whatever new words that is being encountered note it in a copy.at the end of the day take the dictionary and find the meaning of those words and learn them.parallelly while learning the meaning of those words the best thing is to learn ten more words above that particular word from the dictionary page and ten words below that word from the same page.so for one new word we will be learning twenty more words.now on a day if we come across atleast ten new words imagine how many words totally we will be adding to our stock of vocab.Though the process is a bit tedious but i think it will reap good benefits.what say puys.

one thing i have heard about fms vocablary is that there are words of foreign origin and difficult idioms which regurly come .how to go about them..........

Can anyone share a list (or a link) of Foreign words to learn?

visioniim Says
one thing i have heard about fms vocablary is that there are words of foreign origin and difficult idioms which regurly come .how to go about them..........

whenever you go through the dictionary you will see the origin of the word is written.so while studying the meaning of the word learn the origin also.and regarding idioms each of us can post 2 idioms a day.so it will be increasing the stock of our idioms.also on pagalguy we have a thread called two idioms a day.that would also prove to be very helpful.