[2011] DMS, IISc Bangalore Admission Queries

Hi Puys I noticed there is a huge lack of information on MMS programme IISc is starting this year. Department of Management Studies IISc did have a MBA programme some time back but I was not able to find exact information regarding placements…

Hi Puys

I noticed there is a huge lack of information on MMS programme IISc is starting this year. Department of Management Studies IISc did have a MBA programme some time back but I was not able to find exact information regarding placements etc.

So puys lets pitch in and discuss about it in this thread. Seniors from IISc or IITs who have any information regarding this program please help us out.

Here is the information as given on the IISc official website

http://mgmt.iisc.ernet.in/new_pg_program.pdf

And the placement information as they say it

http://mgmt.iisc.ernet.in/previousplacement.html

are they having MMS course for this year?

abhadani Says
are they having MMS course for this year?

Yes follow the first link in the previous post
NICE TO SEE A THREAD ON IISC
as per the info i have
it is said that
1.IISC REMOVING MBA PROGRAMME
2.IISC OPTING FOR CAT SCORE FOR MMS PROGRAMME
i would and all of us would be delighted if some one come up with a solution

IISc is using JMET /GATE scores for the MMS program. The program is being started from 2011 as the notice says
but wat will be the expected cutoffs and the details -------------because only 15 seats
fingers cross

That is exactly why i want people having knowledge abt MBA program IISc had before, to pitch in and give us some clue

The brochure says that there are only 15 seats available for the course. Is this all what IISC can give us .
And we were hoping for more than a few calls fom IISC that might lower the cut off

Can anybody Predict cutoffs for JMET
As i M getting 55+ wat are my chances.

15 seats in total .. that means 7 seats for general category

Hi,

I understand that IISc stopped its MMS program for the last 2 years. But prior to that what was the last rank in JMET that could convert the call? As in less than 1000, or between 1000-2000,etc?

Regards,
Divya.

Sorry..repost

Guys does anyone know the reason y dey scrapped it for 2 years??

ajaiceganna Says
Guys does anyone know the reason y dey scrapped it for 2 years??

The reason why they scrapped it two years back - I found it in a times article and that was they were finding it real difficult to fill in 20 seats. They had 20 then.

Got a really old link - IISc plans to scrap MBA - The Times of India
The reason why they scrapped it two years back - I found it in a times article and that was they were finding it real difficult to fill in 20 seats. They had 20 then.

Got a really old link - IISc plans to scrap MBA - The Times of India

I really find it hard to believe ...... I suppose tat's y dey reduced their seats to 15 dis time..
ajaiceganna Says
I really find it hard to believe ...... I suppose tat's y dey reduced their seats to 15 dis time..

Yup, i found it difficult to believe too. I would take a seat at IISC anyday. A college 5 kms from my house , with a fees of 30k per annum (at least that is what it was back then) and the tag of IISC (which is very respectable in Bangalore if not all over India) ... Anyway, the question is will they take me ?
A light hearted post - on with the serious discussion.
I think it is really hard to get their alumni to post here as there have been very few such people but it would be nice if someone from IISC from some other department maybe can comment on this ...

What was the placement when the program existed?

Hi All

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/19905-life-doms-iisc-bangalore.html#post633611

Have a look at this. This might give an idea about the cutoff but it is pretty outdated.

avinashkrjha Says
What was the placement when the program existed?

Second link of the post 2 in this thread contains the official information given by IISc for the previous batches. Here is what we have till now

Department of Management Studies-Indian Institute of Science

and the list of recruiters

Department of Management Studies-Indian Institute of Science

Statistically it seems very enticing and I have heard placements at IISc are mostly student managed. A batch size of 15 must give everyone a say in the placements I guess.

Seniors from DoMs IISc have not been active on PG since long so its difficult to get any updated scene

I have called IISc and they said there is no more MBA course in IISc.