[2011-2013] XLRI BM / PMIR Call Getters Discussion for GD PI

Hello people, Results for the Xaviers Admissions Test (XAT) are out. Check your results at the following URL, …::XAT 2010::… The shortlist for the GDPI process of XLRI can be accessed from here: Shortlisted for Interview Resu…

Hello people,

Results for the Xaviers Admissions Test (XAT) are out. Check your results at the following URL,

..::XAT 2010::..

The shortlist for the GDPI process of XLRI can be accessed from here:

Shortlisted for Interview Results 2011: XLRI Jamshedpur.

Please use this thread for discussions and gdpi preparations.Here is the link for last years' thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xlri-bm-pmir-call-getters-2010-2012-gdpidiscussions-thread-25049409
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-xlri-gd-and-interview-prep-25036437

All the Best :cheerio:

Guys,

Feels great to add that i have calls for both BM n PMIR.
Feels awesome after the CAT debacle, with only Shillong call to show for 6 months of hard work, and then recently the Indore call.:cheerio:

Planning to start GD PI prep with full earnest from tomorrow.

My scores are:
OA : 98.43
VA : 88.88
QA : 92.7x
DI : 97.9x

10th, 12 and graduation scores at least 80 % and 12 months of work ex

Looking forward to some serious guidance from XL seniors

Cheers
Abhinav

Why is this thread so inactive? I got a call for BM and PMIR at 99.59.Have to start GD-PI prep in earnest now.Have been languid till now.
One more thing, any docs(medical grads) with XL calls and XL seniors from a medical background please PM me.
Cheers
Aseem

Why is this thread so inactive? I got a call for BM and PMIR at 99.59.Have to start GD-PI prep in earnest now.Have been languid till now.
One more thing, any docs(medical grads) with XL calls and XL seniors from a medical background please PM me.
Cheers
Aseem

This is because of a lot of ambiguity regarding the results. I think once the criteria chips in we will see a lot more activity.

Best of luck to everyone who has done well :thumbsup:

Congrats people..
Time to work hard now..
There is no GD for BM , but for HRM( formerlly known as PMIR) you have a GD and a PI both .
So start reading up on Current Affairs specially the last two months.
Also think about answers to questions like :
Why MBA?
Why HR( if you have a call from HR) ?
Your short term n long term goals?
Your weaknesses and strengths.
Your hobbies and interests.
Also if you are focused towards a particular stream like finance or marketing or HR (though it is suggested otherwise,keep your options open), be sure you read up enough on the same.

ATB

Smriti Mehrotra
BM , 2010-12
XLRI Jamshedpur

Feeling glad to be able to post in thi sthread.

got a call for HRM, missed BM but HRM from XLRI is my dream choice so i dont care much about missing BM:-P

my scores -
va-99.72
qa- 76.93
adm- 98.xx
oa -99.75

have a query upfront.
what are the tentative dates of gd pi held in chennai (based on last years data)

Feeling glad to be able to post in thi sthread.

got a call for HRM, missed BM but HRM from XLRI is my dream choice so i dont care much about missing BM:-P

my scores -
va-99.72
qa- 76.93
adm- 98.xx
oa -99.75

have a query upfront.
what are the tentative dates of gd pi held in chennai (based on last years data)

Congrats for the call... :)
Last year the process of Gd/PI had started around 16th Feb till 21st Feb or so...

BM call

VA 77.71
QA 97.06
DM 83.77

OA 95.85

Have the BM call.(Did not apply for HR)

OA 99.98
Quant 93.59
Verbal 99.83
LR 99.67

I wanted to know about the interview process. Anything special?

Guys, I have this feeling that the calls would be revised tomorrow. There is so much inconsistency in the calls given out. I think that there might be some technical glitch on the part of IT department of XLRI, which has given this weird consistency or they have taken the essays into account and given huge weightage to it. I would wait for tomorrow to see if the calls are revised. It has been charateristic of XLRI to be transparent and let's hope it turns out the same this year as well.

Anyways, seems like I would have to wait one more day to see if I have really got the coveted BM and HRM calls. :lookround:

This is because of a lot of ambiguity regarding the results. I think once the criteria chips in we will see a lot more activity.

Best of luck to everyone who has done well :thumbsup:

Yeah guessed as much.I too waited a long time before posting here.The result is making everyone bewildered and paranoid.Lets see what tomorrow brings.But right now my best guess is heavy weightage to essay
aseem.ace Says
Yeah guessed as much.I too waited a long time before posting here.The result is making everyone bewildered and paranoid.Lets see what tomorrow brings.But right now my best guess is heavy weightage to essay

I don't think they would have given much weightage to essays as well. At the time of writing the essay on 2nd Jan, I was so disappointed myself that I hardly wrote more than half page; and if I had to evaluate the essay myself, I would give zero marks straight away. But here I am, having call for BM and HRM ( though as of now, it might change tomorrow).

Picture would be clear tomorrow. XLRI couldn't have chosen worse time to declare the results. All it has done is to increase paranoia, disappointment, bewilderment and wild goose search among the aspirants.

Got both calls BM and HRM
VA 93.96
QA 94.56
LR 89.72
Overall 98.23 :cheerio:

Hope to get some interaction going with seniors as well as fellow call-getters! Cheers!

Picture would be clear tomorrow. XLRI couldn't have chosen worse time to declare the results. All it has done is to increase paranoia, disappointment, bewilderment and wild goose search among the aspirants.

I got a PMIR call and it's the lone call I have this season. So it's the all the more important to me. Can anyone please tell me what's with this whole 'we'll know tomorrow' thing? Have the XLRI authorities said anything about the 'final' list being out tomorrow? I have absolutely no clue what's going on

Btw my %iles are
OA - 99.35
VA - 94.84
QA - 88.42
RDMA - 99.33
onomyst Says
I got a PMIR call and it's the lone call I have this season. So it's the all the more important to me. Can an.....

There has no been official confirmation from XLRI admissions office that there would be change in the call list. As of now, the calls are the final calls.

But due to some high inconsistency in the marks of call-getters and there academics, everyone is eager to see what was the criteria followed by XLRI to give out calls. Also, it has been by fellow puys that there might be technical glitch in the database which is showing erroneous results, though in my opinion highly unlikely.
That's why everyone is talking about tomorrow, just to see what exactly has been the process followed by XLRI.
Congrats people..
Time to work hard now..
There is no GD for BM , but for HRM( formerlly known as PMIR) you have a GD and a PI both .
So start reading up on Current Affairs specially the last two months.
Also think about answers to questions like :
Why MBA?
Why HR( if you have a call from HR) ?
Your short term n long term goals?
Your weaknesses and strengths.
Your hobbies and interests.
Also if you are focused towards a particular stream like finance or marketing or HR (though it is suggested otherwise,keep your options open), be sure you read up enough on the same.

ATB

Smriti Mehrotra
BM , 2010-12
XLRI Jamshedpur

No GD for BM? Just a PI??
Please elaborate on this...!!

Thanks in advance...

Reasoning- 98.66
QA - 94.81
Verbal - 94.84
OA - 99.55

No calls from XLRI as of now..

Have mailed the admissions office stating my scores and asking for the shortlisting criteria..
even if they have given weightage to acads..still i don think my chances are bleak

I just hope tomo brings some hope..

congrats to the call getters:)

Guys,let me tell you one this. The final list is confirmed and no more changes would be allowed by XLRI.

Even if there were some flaws programmatically,they would not make changes due to reputation damage.

No GD for BM? Just a PI??
Please elaborate on this...!!

Thanks in advance...

Traditionally, till last year BM process didn't include any GDs...all the shortlisted candidates were supposed to face one round of i/w...
While in case of PMIR i.e. HRM now, the process involves one round of GD and one round of PI...

For more details on how the process goes and types of questions being asked, kindly visit last year threads...that will be of great help