[2011-2013] Welingkar GD/PI Experiences

Welingkar’s process started on 30th april 2011. All the best to all the puys… Plz post your gd/pi experiences in the format given below. CAT/XAT/ATMA/CET Score: PROFILE: Acads: X: XII: Graduation: Work-Ex (numb…

Welingkar's process started on 30th april 2011.

All the best to all the puys....

Plz post your gd/pi experiences in the format given below.

CAT/XAT/ATMA/CET Score:

PROFILE:
Acads:
X:
XII:
Graduation:
Work-Ex (number of months):

DATE and TIME:
VENUE:

GD Details:
GD Topic:
No. of People Present:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:

PI Details:
Panel Members:
Questions:

Creativity Test Topic:

Psychometric Test:

Any other relevant details:

CAT Score: 93.01

PROFILE:
Acads:
X: 88.8%
XII: 68.6%
Graduation: B.tech.-64.3%
Work-Ex (number of months): Fresher

DATE and TIME: 30th april 2011, 1:00 pm
VENUE: Mount Carmel School, Delhi

I would like to add here that first we have to register ourselves and we are given a card on which our form no.,gd group and pi room no. are mentioned. After that we were taken for lunch. the batches before us were given packets which contained snacks but since we were there at the lunch time so we were provided with lunch. After that we were taken to presentation on 3rd floor where we waited for around 15 mins before the presentation began..it lasted for about 20 mins.we were not given any time to ask any query because it was getting late. Then we were taken to the gd room according to our groups by the student coordinators present over there.

GD Details:
GD Topic: Social justice and equity is more important than economic justice and equity.
No. of People Present: 9
Brief Snapshot of Discussion: We were told that we must put our point in such a manner that it doesn't become a fish market. As expected everyone started in the favour of the topic. so, i went against the topic although i did not speak much.:oops: Most of the people went off the topic and some people were speaking in such a way that I was not able to get them. We were interrupted once when 3-4 people started making their point together although for just a few seconds.
The gd went on for around 15-20 mins.

PI Details:
Panel Members: 2 (One quite young fellow and other a middle aged one)
Questions: First they asked me to sit comfortably and if i would like to have some water. As expected their first question was to introduce myself. there were questions mainly from my form like my strengths and weaknesses, the extra curricular activities and the awards that i won. Wat is e-biz? What is amazon.com and how is it related to e-biz? what are the things that we can purchase through amazon.com?how is facebook different from linked-in? what are the advantages of facebook? what is the difference between a team leader and a manager? which role is bigger- being a team leader or being a manager. and other such questions..they did not asked me a single technical question. i only told them about the papers i presented and about the cloud computing. their last question was "Why should we select you?" we had a good and lengthy discussion over this.:cheerio:
I asked them about the expected date for the declaration of results and they told me that it will be out in 3rd or 4th week of may and the session will start in a fortnight of july.
My PI session lasted for 35 mins.

Creativity Test Topic: FALSEHOOD:lookround:
It was compulsory for all the candidates not only for those who filled business design as a choice in their form.
We were provided with glue stick, pencil, rubber, sketch pens, pastels, a small piece of color paper and a sheet of paper. we were asked to draw whatever that comes to our mind on the above topic. we were given 20 mins. for this and were told that it consists of 25 marks.
I am a terrible artist so i only used pencil to draw.

Psychometric Test: Finally we were taken to the Psychometric test room in which we were alloted a laptop on which we had to answer 63 questions in 20 mins. I completed it in around 10-12 mins.

Any other relevant Detail: The seniors are very helpful and co-operative. they assured that the process goes on smoothly. The whole process took around 3 hours..

CAT/XAT/ATMA/CET Score:88.3

PROFILE:
Acads:
X:85.3
XII:88.5
Graduation:81.4
Work-Ex (number of months):8

DATE and TIME:30th/1.00
VENUE:banglore-WE school

GD Details:
GD Topic:india is shining or corrupt
No. of People Present:12
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:came out with a conclusion India is shining bt stil corrupt in many ways which is to be taken care of. There was oe person who was suppressing others n there was another who requested him to give chance for everyone. but on the whole it was good. no fish market scenario.

PI Details:
Panel Members:2
Questions: general questions like y mba etc.. mostly based on the form we filled n sent along with application form

Creativity Test Topic:youthful

Psychometric Test:20 minutes - like the usual one we have. computer based

Any other relevant details: Banglore campus was small but green and quiet and beautiful. faculty and seniors were very friendly. had a great time.. the whole experience was good but not sure if it is good enough.

P.S. cell phones are not allowed inside the campus ( WE school rule)

CAT/XAT/ATMA/CET Score:88.3

PROFILE:
Acads:
X:85.3
XII:88.5
Graduation:81.4

DATE and TIME:30th/1.00
VENUE:banglore-WE school

GD Details:
GD Topic:india is shining or corrupt
No. of People Present:12
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:came out with a conclusion India is shining bt stil corrupt in many ways which is to be taken care of. There was oe person who was suppressing others n there was another who requested him to give chance for everyone. but on the whole it was good. no fish market scenario.

PI Details:
Panel Members:2
Questions: general questions like y mba etc.. mostly based on the form we filled n sent along with application form

Creativity Test Topic:youthful

Psychometric Test:20 minutes - like the usual one we have. computer based

Any other relevant details: Banglore campus was small but green and quiet and beautiful. faculty and seniors were very friendly. had a great time.. the whole experience was good but not sure if it is good enough.

P.S. cell phones are not allowed inside the campus ( WE school rule)

Thanks for your response.

Just to correct you, cell phones are allowed. However, you are expected to keep it in silent mode when the process is on.

hi puys......

pls elaborate more on creativity......... I mean we r suppose to draw....... ??

guys pls explain what u all sketched over there and A3 is a big sheet.......

hi puys......

pls elaborate more on creativity......... I mean we r suppose to draw....... ??

guys pls explain what u all sketched over there and A3 is a big sheet.......

We get A4 sheets not A3 sheets...u can draw anything that comes to ur mind and relates to the topic..
erAbhinav Says
We get A4 sheets not A3 sheets...u can draw anything that comes to ur mind and relates to the topic..

Ok
How much time do they allot ...... will the way we draw matters or the content??
my drawing is not good....

guys a bit tensed now

pls share other topics as well which you know where given for other gd teams.
Thanks for your response.

Just to correct you, cell phones are allowed. However, you are expected to keep it in silent mode when the process is on.

hey i just meant after joining the college - within the campus
Ok
How much time do they allot ...... will the way we draw matters or the content??
my drawing is not good....

guys a bit tensed now

pls share other topics as well which you know where given for other gd teams.

they r nt expecting our sketching to be like some artists or like that.. all they want is that when they have a look at the image that we have drawn, they can make out what were we asked to draw.. :cheerio:
Date 30 April
Venue: Mount caramel school, anand niketen, New Delhi
time 8:30 am
program applied: only PGDM

The process started on time and first step was registration process in which we required to give score cards and the admit card and then we were provided with a small card in which process were mentioned.after wars refreshments were given.

then taken up to auditorium for seminar about the WE SCHOOL was given and some question answer were done from the aspiring studens to the present WE School students.

The afterward we were taken to GD
Process 1 Group discussion( 12 members) 2 panelist.approx 15 min
Topic :- we need more entrepreneurs than managers.
Had good GD no fish market,

Process 2 Interview ( 2 panelist) approx 30 min
general interview, asked me to innovate an idea in social sector,what drives an organization,about my reading habits,5 alternatives for room fresheners
some finance ques as i had mentioned interest in finance.and some other general ques which i don't remember.

Process 3 Creativity test 20 min
a drawing sheet, glue stick, glaze paper,pencil,rubber,wax-pastel colors,sketch-pen provided.
Topic :- Depth
We had to interpret the topic and draw something relating to that. we can use any of the above of the materials and no boundation to use everything.
we can write some words to describe it but whole sentences are not allowed.

Process 4 Psychometric test 20 min
nothing tell as it judges your personality. be true in answering the ques.

all the process finished in 3 hrs.seniors are very helpful and panel member are very friendly.
I hope this post is useful for others. All the best.

Got this from the gd/pi shortlist thread

--repeated--

Puys, do remember one thing during creativity test.don't write too many things such as dialogues and other things..try to draw the thing that can easily be understood by seeing your drawing...they just want to check your ideas not your drawing skills...

Here goes my GD/PI process :

Date and time: 30th April 9.30 AM
XAT: 90.14%ile
X: 81%
XII : 82%
Work Ex: 10 months

After the verification process and a really boring ppt, v wer led into a room for our GD
TOPIC: Social networking - advantage or distraction
It was a healthy discussion overlooked by a panel of two people. Many ppl were calling it an advantage except for one guy who called it a disadvantage but ended up supporting the topic eventually

PI: The whole PI was a healthy discussion between me and the panelists rather than the conventional PI process. The panelists were very friendly and asked me everything from my academics to the latest technology , from a simple interpretation test to my managerial skills. They asked me more about marketing( as I had chosen marketing as my preferred choice of course) .

PS: Do not bluff, even if u do do it in such a way that ur able to substantiate it for the next 20 mins.

PPS; They ask everything and anything under the sun abt urself ,so b prepared to face all kinna questions...situation based,case based and also domain specific(to the domain ur from)

My PI lasted about 20-25 mins and was an enjoyable process.

Then came the creativity test. We were given an A3 size paper and a set of colour papers,sketch,crayons and a glue stick to do anything with it in 20 mins
Topic: DARING:splat::shocked:
PS: Like one of the posts above said we were not told abt not writing whole sentences.

The last process was the psychometric test.
63 questions about ur own self to be answered in 20 mins.

TIP: Answer those ASAP. Preferably to be finished in 10-13 mins to reduce the margin of error.

The whole process was well organized and the students were friendly everything was good about it except the ppt by the students... would have slept off if it wasnt for the really cold AC

kriti1d Says
Here is another one

Thanks...i posted it here myself 😃
duplicate post
CAT Score: 89.22

PROFILE:
Acads:
X:84
XII:75
Graduation:65

Date 30 April
Venue: Mount caramel school, Anand Niketen, New Delhi
Time 1.00 pm
Program Applied: PGDM, E-Biz, BD

Step 1 - Registration
:
The process started on time and first step was registration process in which we required to give score cards and the admit card and then we were provided with a small card in which process were mentioned. Then lunch was provided. After that, presentation about WE school.

Step 2 - GDPI
The afterward we were taken to GD
Process 1 Group discussion( 9 members) 2 panelist. Approx 20 min
Topic :- Is movement like Anna Hazare and Lokpal bill will change the political senerio of India. (Something like that)
Had good GD no fish market, all was able to conclude at end. Enough time was there.

Process 2 Interview ( 2 panelist) approx 20 min

Question were:-
1) About Work ex
2) Favorite subject in graduation.
3) What will be your specialization in MBA? And why?
4) Why did you opt for all the programs at welingkar?
5) What is e-business and business design.
6) Give some example of e-business and business design in any sector.
7) Did you seriously read Paths of Glory By Jeffry Archer or just written in the form for sake of writing. (I have written in the form)
Other authors have you read? (After I told them that reading novels is my hobby)
9) Did you read Alchemest? (After I told the name of few authors)
10) What was there in it? (started telling the summary and was cut short.)
11) Dan Brown?
12) Any other books?
13) Did you like God of small thing by Arundati Roy?
14) Favorite author?
15) Most important achievement in your life.
16) Why less marks in graduation?
17) Five uses of pencil.
1 Some 2 or 3 more questions that I didnt remember.
Overall quit good PI all I answered all the questions. Just be relax and try to think out of the box.

Step 3 Creativity and
Psychometric Test

Creativity test 20 min
a drawing sheet, glue stick, glaze paper, pencil, rubber, wax-pastel colors,s ketch-pen provided.
Topic :- Purity

We had to interpret the topic and draw something relating to that. We can use any of the above of the materials. Also, we can write some words to describe it but whole sentences are not allowed.

(Dont think that u cant draw or your drawing is bad. They are just checking your creative mind, whether you can think out of the box or not. Try to be more creative and use your mind differently.

Psychometric test 20 min
Nothing to woory about. 63 ques in 20 mins. Finished it in 12. Just to check your personality. Be true to yourself and you will score good. Any contradicted answer will lend you to trouble. So just be true to yourself as question once answered cannot be reviewed back. And some questions are asked again differently.

The whole procedure was finished in 3 hours. Hats off to seniors and faculty to organize such a good process. Highly impressed with WE school. Looking forward to get selected.

All the best puys.

sorry for posting late..............
mine was on 30 april.
gd topic: india nad china: one manufacturing hub and other knowledge hub....
gd went okay.... i took the initiative as no other wanted to..... lastly we ended many a times.. sometimes fish market situation established.... nevertheless gd ws quite gud.... except the panelist.... one was old enough to mov his head.... looked he is nt interestd at all....lol
then, we have a pi round.... pretty simple questions... nearly 7-10 mins.. i guess....... then,
a activity test.... painting my god kya painting ki maine lol.......
lastly, there was phychometric test.... it was quite easy........ i ended only in 12 min.....

p.s. i was really happy after giving my best.

all the best....... !!!

Date 1st May
Venue: Electronic City, Bangaloretime 8:30 am

I was in 11.15 am batch, but as its in the opp corner of the city from where I do stay, I left early n so reached at 8.45!!! 😉 Registration, Ppt, work ex docs verification was in same order.
I was told to attend d process with 9 am batch. I said Alright!!! :)

GD: Social networking a boon/bane......so typical but easy to perform well. I guess I spoke well.

PI: Two panelists. Started like ' v r very interested to know you as ur profle n form seemed to b very interesting to us. So y dnt to u tell us sumthing abt u?'
I was delighted. n started bla bla bla....
As i am basically from Pune n working in B'lore since jan, they asked how do u find B'lore n all? wat do u like in B'lore? answered
Why did u switch d job?
answered
What problems did u face while working as a lead? (I had led 2 projs in previous company)
answerd
Why MBA after exp in core engg??
answered
what distinguishes u from others?
answered
course preference?y so?
answered
if u r given a profile in CCD chain, will u work for it?
answered
what is ur dream job profile??
answered

Then was creativity test. V were given material u must b knowing by now. Subject was 'balance'.
Then was psychometric test.

Overall it was a very good exp. campus is just awesome better than Mumbai's.
Very well managed by seniors n other staff.

CET Score:91.76%tile

PROFILE:
Acads:
X:80.xx
XII:75.xx
Graduation: final yr(till now 70)
Work-Ex (number of months):FRESHER

DATE and TIME:30 april, 9:00 AM
VENUE:MOUNT CARAMEL,DELHI

GD Topic: quality is myth in India

GD details: It was a FISH MARKET.ppl were talking for all the time provided. just talking.:drinking:

No. of People Present:12..i guess
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:well I talked abt how prvitization had done good.improved quatilty..blah blah...ppl talked abt the low quatity of education(!!)

Panel Members: just one prof.
Questions:
there was just one teacher who interviewed me.an aged man who wasn't really happy with what he was doing with life.or so it seemed.:lookround:
The questions were rather random.
Q1)why have u selected all courses?are u not sure of wht u want to do?
A1)no sir..keeping options open..blah blah..
I tried hard to steer the direction of the interview in the areas I was comfortable in..bt the prof made sure I wasn't in my area of expertise.:oops:
Anyway
Next few questions were:
What is a blog?do u write one?
What is PAC?who is the head(didn't knw )
Who is the governor of rbi?
Who do u admire in the field of retail in india?why him?
He also picked two cards and asked the me to answer the questions written on them
Q1)how can u generate heat?give 5 ways(!!!!!):drinking:
Q2)what a newspaper vendor sell on his shop apart from newspaper?(I said grossery then I said breakfast.for ppl who eat brk fast on the wayhe wanted me to answer something like milk cartons):drinking:

Creativity Test Topic:vaccum
I drew an empty passage/pathway!:lookround:

Psychometric Test:63 really silly questions.finished off in 9 min.if u r an active member of any social ntwking site then it's a cake walk.questions range from your fav subject in school to your hobby.

Any other relevant details:the students of WE are really helpful ..keep cheering umaking sure no one is nervousperfact hosts. :)
n yeah one gets refreshments too
I guess I messed up my pi big time..:drinking::drinking::drinking::splat::(I hope I get in.
puys/seniors,
do i have any chances after that discouraging PI??:/:(