[2011-2013] TISS HRMLR GD/PI Call getters discussion

Congratulations to everyone who made it.:cheerio: However, remember that the real battle starts here. I will start by mentioning the weightage assigned for the final selection: Written-70 GD-30 PI-70 Tentative dates f…

Congratulations to everyone who made it.:cheerio:

However, remember that the real battle starts here.

I will start by mentioning the weightage assigned for the final selection:

Written-70

GD-30

PI-70

Tentative dates for the GD/PI process- 17-23 March 2011

I believe it is 70 30 70 for Written Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview respectively.

Thanks for creating the thread.

following is the link for the last year's thread:-

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-12-discussion-thread-for-tiss-hrmandlr-gdpi-call-getters-25049464

The results for TISS entrance test held on 12th December,2010 is out.

http://results.tiss.edu/

The GD/PI process is scheduled from March 17-23,2011. At this stage you have to fill up a DAF and send it to TISS so as to reach them by 22nd February,2011. The breakup of various components is:

Written:70
GD:30
PI:70

Please use this thread for GD/PI discussions. Don't post redundant queries. Search in previous pages first. Your queries might have been answered earlier.
Also, don't repeat the same query again and again. Wait for sometime, and it'll get answered.

Let's have a great time converting this call.

I request the seniors (Rhucha, AFC, Prateek and others) to step in and help out us aspirants.

Hope its not a silly question but this thread is specifically meant for HRM call getters as i have a call in MA in SW .....is there any other thread for SW...

Thanks for the initiative Rameez.

Cleared HRM written with 49 marks. First call of my life :D
Hope the thread is informative and helps all the aspirants in preparing well for the GD-PI. Request all seniors to provide their valuable guidance.

Cheers,
Siddharth.

boond Says
Hope its not a silly question but this thread is specifically meant for HRM call getters as i have a call in MA in SW .....is there any other thread for SW...

You can use following thread SW and other streams.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tiss-sw-other-stream-25062138/2473795

Hi..The first most desired call of my life
I got 54.6 in HRM ...hope to gear up the GD /PI prep...with the help of fellow puys and seniors.
Have heard that its GD /PI sessions are the toughest ...
Looking fwd to meet u all...

thanks for this initiative ,I hope for help from seniors........I have also got opportunity to enter in GDPI....I need guidance

Guys please continue here- http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/62135-2011-13-tiss-hrm-lr.html

@mods i request you to please to close and merge different threads opened for the same.

Thanks for all those who have filled the excel sheet of TISS HRM Call getters. Others, please fill it to get an idea of the scores and competition.

Here is the link for it: http://bit.ly/g0laGQ

Regards,
Hemanth

Got a quick query.

Does Work Ex count? And what if it is not relevant work ex... As in say in Finance or Consulting kind of roles?

Guys any idea how many people are shortlisted for GD-PI in HRM? I saw someone posting on the other thread that there are 766 candidates. Where is this information available?

sidology Says
Guys any idea how many people are shortlisted for GD-PI in HRM? I saw someone posting on the other thread that there are 766 candidates. Where is this information available?

i think last year there were 300-350 for HRM

can we discuss regarding the actual gd and the pi's....chalk out some current social topics which can be given in the gd's...btw did anyone get a call from kolkata?

Good start, I came across a document that has the below mentioned details :

ADMISSION PROCESS FOR THE BATCH OF 2010-12
The candidates have to go through different stages mainly the written test, GD, personal
interview. The total marks on which the total assessment is done is 200. The breakup is as
shown below.
1. Objective Test (70 Marks)
2. Group Discussion (30 Marks)
3. Personal Interview (75 Marks)
4. Academic Background (25 Marks)

Seniors Kindly confirm on the same.

The candidates have to go through different stages mainly the written test, GD, personal
interview. The total marks on which the total assessment is done is 200. The breakup is as
shown below.

That could have been for the last year. This year it is

Written Test: 70
PI: 70
GD: 30
Total: 170

Please refer attachment page number 11. :cheerio:
That could have been for the last year. This year it is

Written Test: 70
PI: 70
GD: 30
Total: 170

Please refer attachment page number 11. :cheerio:

shown below.

Missed the attachment.
avinaba88 Says
can we discuss regarding the actual gd and the pi's....chalk out some current social topics which can be given in the gd's...btw did anyone get a call from kolkata?

Hey i did get cal from kolkata..can we prepare togethr i hv pmed u my id n cell num..do giv me a call
The results for TISS entrance test held on 12th December,2010 is out.

http://results.tiss.edu/

The GD/PI process is scheduled from March 17-23,2011. At this stage you have to fill up a DAF and send it to TISS so as to reach them by 22nd February,2011. The breakup of various components is:

Written:70
GD:30
PI:70

Please use this thread for GD/PI discussions. Don't post redundant queries. Search in previous pages first. Your queries might have been answered earlier.
Also, don't repeat the same query again and again. Wait for sometime, and it'll get answered.

Let's have a great time converting this call.

I request the seniors (Rhucha, AFC, Prateek and others) to step in and help out us aspirants.

Hi,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have few questions:

1. Do we need to fill the GD/PI dates ourselves, if yes, will there be a confirmation from TISS later?

2. All the other feilds are OK, but can someone please guide for this "Mention any work done by you relevant to the field of study selected by you." I am being an engineer have not done anything great related to HR field.

-Ashish

1. we will get our GD/PI dates on tiss website on 7th of feb. Just fill the same and send it across before 22nd feb

2. It doesnt really matter much for HRM. It is more for people like disaster management, social work etc where previous work counts

Hi,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have few questions:

1. Do we need to fill the GD/PI dates ourselves, if yes, will there be a confirmation from TISS later?

2. All the other feilds are OK, but can someone please guide for this "Mention any work done by you relevant to the field of study selected by you." I am being an engineer have not done anything great related to HR field.

-Ashish