[2011-2013] IIM Kozhikode GD/PI Shortlisting Round Queries and Discussions

Hey guys for me it gives message saying Invalid Login I am pretty much sure that I have entered everything correctly

Anyone else facing the same problem?

There's this colleague of mine who's got 93 odd %ile and above 80 in all sections. Why does it say ''Sorry You have not been shortlisted or the information is incorerect'' for him? I think this is the case with many others. Can someone explain?

i have a query
here they have asked if you have got calls from other iim s . to te best of my knowledge the lists for indore , rohtak , raipur are not out as yet.. (not that i m expecting any calls) so what do i fill in this section?

Hey guys for me it gives message saying Invalid Login I am pretty much sure that I have entered everything correctly

Anyone else facing the same problem?

Hey guys - now its working!! It seems that they were updating the database with the registration numbers - now i get the message:
You have been shortlisted for stage 1 of PGP Admissions process.

We have to fill up a personal data form i guess

My score is meeting all the minimum cutoffs mentioned on iimk website. Still I am getting a message saying Sorry, you have not been shortlisted for admission to IIMK PGP 2011-13 or the information provided by you is incorrect.
I guess the document says that all meeting the cutoffs will be considered for registration in Stage 1.
Anyone else facing the same problem?? Or, have I interpreted something wrong?

what was the need for this ? i mean what extra details are they asking for ? they already have details of our acads , work ex and photographs . why ask for them all over again

Can everyone share your profiles especially the Acads, since IIMK this time has a deep focus on past acads?

Mine:
Class X: 91.8% CBSE
Class XII: 89.0 CBSE
Grad: Engg in ECE from Affiliated College of Anna Univ. Chennai - 78.8%

CAT 2010
94.69%le OA - Due to disaster in VA on 14 nov :(

2 Yrs workex at TCS

Hey in case of engineering graduates,
In the table for graduation details, what are we supposed to mention as subject , will it be same as our branch ...got little confused as they hv given one more box, stating that in case of engg,, mention the branch then what needs to be mentioned under subject?

Also i hv another query, against the 12th board/university its showing number 17, instead of Maharashtra Board, anyone facing similar problem?

i think this is the first of its kind selection method......for me it says shortlisted for stage 1 .....fill the entry form........

i have a query
here they have asked if you have got calls from other iim s . to te best of my knowledge the lists for indore , rohtak , raipur are not out as yet.. (not that i m expecting any calls) so what do i fill in this section?

You can edit the info till Jan 21 - maybe you can update it later
You have been shortlisted for stage 1 of PGP Admissions process.

@varthi ... IIM K had this criteria last year too .. just that they have given 10% weightage to UG marks rather than work - ex

by the way with the superb acads you can hope to sneak through

anyone who has less than 85% in 10th and 12th can kiss goodbye to IIM K (even if he has scored a perfect 100%ile)

what a criteria sir ji

My score looks like
OA-96.52
QA-91.2
DI-72.34
VA-99.62

10th-90
12th-91
Grad-CGPA-8.0

Work ex-5 Months (as of Dec-10)

I am getting a message saying"Sorry, you have not been shortlisted for admission to IIMK PGP 2011-13 or the information provided by you is incorrect."

Any clues??

"You have been shortlisted for stage 1 of PGP Admissions process

This is like raising false hopes...pretty cruel....Everyone above 75 percentile must have got this message....

Anyway, my profile:

CAT score: 95.4 percentile
10th : 87 % CBSE
12th: 81 % CBSE
UG: 7.23/10

Work Experience: 15 months in an MNC (Looks like it isn't going to be counted, though)

I am not even feeling like filling up the Registration form when I know what the result is going to be....but will probably do so anyway...what to do with the indomitable spirit of the human heart

In the table for graduation details, what are we supposed to mention as subject , will it be same as our branch ...got little confused as they hv given one more box, stating that in case of engg,, mention the branch then what needs to be mentioned under subject?

Also i hv another query, against the 12th board/university its showing number 17, instead of Maharashtra Board, anyone facing similar problem?

I guess since 13 stands for many things eg.....
Engineering / Technology: B.E / M.E., B.Sc. (Engg.) / MSc(Engg.) B.Tech./ M.Tech. in all engineering subjects, including Computer Engineering other than Agricultural Engineering and Dairy Technology

we have to specify BE,ME Btech,BSc... in subject.. n then the engg branch

Any thoughts on this question?

Btw, people filling out, seems they stage 1 verification is automated. It fetches our results and verifies if we have crossed 50%ile in 3 sections with overall 75%ile. So ensure SR is in CAPS, DoB is correct and CAPTCHA is right to get shortlisted for stage 1.

I wish to go back and study class 10th and 12th that too from the board which gives maximum marks..:-(

PS: Sorry for spamming

Hi friends,
my score
OA 99.01
QA 88.39
DA 99.65
VA 95.65

X-80.41
XII-84.41
Grad-67.9

now I wanted to know whether in the result for class x and xii should we take the result of all the subject or say the best of five or four subjects.
In the cat form I took the percentage of all subject and the above mentioned are the same. Please help.

Also what should we enter in as division coz the isc board I studied in does not provide any division

I am From pune University..My university considers only final year marks for the degree...how to fill the marks Year wise..

@sunhin ... so true..
If i knew in 2004 that my 10th and 12th marks hold the potential to change my life.. i would not have spent hours playing video games.... A,C,L missed simply due to poor acads.. it is so damn frustrating !!
what do they think ? only class topper make good managers or what !!!!

sorry for spamming (i had to give my emotions a vent)

sorry once again..