[2011-2013] IIM Calcutta PGDM, PGDCM Waitlist Discussions

Hi, Let’s keep this thread solely for the purpose of waitlist tracking and relevant discussion. This way, we can keep the Final Results thread clean. Also, I browsed through last year’s final converts thread and there was a lot of …

Hi,

Let's keep this thread solely for the purpose of waitlist tracking and relevant discussion.

This way, we can keep the Final Results thread clean.

Also, I browsed through last year's final converts thread and there was a lot of unacceptable activity. Please refrain from doing so and keep PG clean.

ATB to fellow waitlisters :cheerio:

Let us provide a brief profile of where we stand in waitlist numbers and if any one has a A call so that we can be happy to move up

I am waitlisted at 39 with an IIM A reject .Looking forward to a miracle(Impossible though)

I'm at no. 5 in OPEN for PGDM

have registered for FMS but would obv. prefer Joka 😁

I m wait listed at 29 in the general category. is swinging between hope and despair :P. did not have A,B calls

can we join the google group of IIM C converts ??

I am at 4 in Open PGDM....no other calls...

Am not sure, but have A and B released PDFs of their results or are the results login based?
Please attach the PDFs if present...

A had a login based results so not sure if there can be a PDF format for the same.Btw anybody has any idea if the number of seats for general has increased this year.The amount of buffer would reduce then !!

Am not sure, but have A and B released PDFs of their results or are the results login based?

You will get a PDF of the Call-getters.. match it with the C Final converts.. calculate common converts and then make a reasonable estimate based on the number of Converts:Calls in A which will give you a rough idea of the common junta!
yashwanth.kgp Says
You will get a PDF of the Call-getters.. match it with the C Final converts.. calculate common converts and then make a reasonable estimate based on the number of Converts:Calls in A which will give you a rough idea of the common junta!

exactly my intentions 😛
but IIM-A has given the results through a login page and not a list of candidates!

any idea where one could source this pdf from? :D

EDIT : i saw you wrote call-getters... here it is... http://www.catiim.in/pdf/IIMA_ShortList_CAT2010%20Ahmedabad.pdf

It only has the roll nos. so one can't really check about the converts without the email addresses... 😐
yashwanth.kgp Says

Yashwanth can you please make the information public from the survey u guys did yesterday regarding multiple converts ( if there is some excel sheet please give the link ).
exactly my intentions 😛
but IIM-A has given the results through a login page and not a list of candidates!

Call-getters list should be accessible from the CATIIM website.
exactly my intentions 😛

Here...

http://www.catiim.in/pdf/IIMA_ShortList_CAT2010%20Ahmedabad.pdf

time to guesstimate 😁

guitargod Says
Yashwanth can you please make the information public from the survey u guys did yesterday regarding multiple converts ( if there is some excel sheet please give the link ).

I havent followed PG for the last couple of days.. so m nt sure what exactly are you talking about

Secondly, if its something official done on behalf of Mentorship/ER Team.. then I guess it's not feasible to make any of the data public! 😃
I havent followed PG for the last couple of days.. so m nt sure what exactly are you talking about

Secondly, if its something official done on behalf of Mentorship/ER Team.. then I guess it's not feasible to make any of the data public! :)

well, we were asked to fill up a google form while mentioning that the mentorship team would come up with some w/l help ... maybe we should wait for the seniors to collate and analyze the data...

'til then, i guess the best way is to go ahead as yashwanth said, find C converts who had an A call too and come up with a rough figure..

Hi....m waitlistd 23 in gen - PGDM....
as far as i v searched...der r no pdfs available for A and B....
i hv tried to do some sort of analysis and guestimates.....here it goes:

out of 242 gen PGDM C offers....153 people sure had A calls (found out thru the A call getters pdf in cat main website)
now estimating the chances of conversion were 1:3 for A i feel atleast 50 (if not more) shud by general rule be having A & C calls (life wudv bin easier if A&B; had come out wid pdfs as well)
now earlier a senior had mentioned 80:20 ratio of people preffering A over C....hence if dat remains the same we cud have 40 people opting for A....

dere can be no similar kinda analysis done for B....but evn if there are 30 common calls...i expect a 50:50 for taking up eidr BorC....so lets assume 15 more movements in seats....which takes the total no. to 55......

Add to this fact ther mus b people not takin up MBA...going outside....etc etc....which cud be accountd as miscellaneous....say 5-10.....

anoder thing which cud be luked into is PGDM and PGDCM overlaps....its huge yaar...39...but i seriously dunno how many wud again choose PGDCM over PGDM....lets say 30:70 so that makes additional movement of 10-15 people

so now the total stands at 75....which makes the waitlist move by 25 atleast....but since there are a lot of guesses involved...i wont like to say it stop at 75...i hope we get a lot more movement,,,,,also i hope people gettin both A&C; calls wud atleast b more den 50....(cz if we say gud profiles n GDPIs get convertd it shud be more dan 50)...plus i am not sure wedr my 30 common B&C; calls and 50:50 odds are gud enf estimates...wud be helpful if any senior throws sm info o last year overlaps.....btwn ABC

it is just an estimate people.....so pls dont take it seriously...hope it helps
sith Says
time to guesstimate :D

Not exactly! Match it with C list to get the worst-case scenario. Yes, you need to make reasonable assumptions after that.. but it wont be difficult.. we arrived at a very reasonable estimate of 55-60 last year in this way which turned out to be pretty accurate in the end.

So, all the best for your number games!