[2011-13] SIIB GD/PI Preparation centre and Shortlist discussions.

Dear Aspirants, Hearty congratulations to all of you who made it through the first hurdle. You are a step closer to being an SIIBian. :: : We shall share our GD PI experiences across all specializations here. We shall also help you with …

Dear Aspirants,

Hearty congratulations to all of you who made it through the first hurdle. You are a step closer to being an SIIBian.:

We shall share our GD PI experiences across all specializations here. We shall also help you with resources and prep tips that shall give you an edge for the D-Day. Meanwhile, I request each of you to pick a slot of your convenience ASAP as exceptions shall not be etertained at a later stage.

Prep resources
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-siib-gd-pi-experiences-25049968

The Cutoffs for this year are:

Program MBA-International Business
Category cut off
General 107.5
SC 72
ST 36.5
Physically handicapped 58.25
Kashmiri Migrants 90
Program MBA-Agri Business
Category cut off
General 49
SC 28.5
ST 33.25
Physically handicapped 85.5
Kashmiri Migrant 37.5
Program MBA-Energy & Environment
Category cut off
General 81.25
SC 21.25
ST 57.25
Physically handicapped 47.75
Kashmiri Migrant 30.25

We shall try our best to resolve all your GD/PI related queries, you can also obtain info at [email protected] or [email protected]
Wish you all the best ahead... and happy prep!!

Hi Harsha,

I was just waiting for any SIIBian to post and start a thread got GDPI discussion... Thanks for taking initiative...
Firstly, I would like to ask you about MBA(E&E;) - placements, highest and average package, exposure level as compared to IB & AB, summer internship, value of this course in SIIB as compared to IB & AB...

Hey Harsha,

Can you list a few pointers for GE/PI process, like what to expect and what to prepare?

Also, does an experience in international buiz enhance our prospects.

Cheers.

hello guys....

1st call of my life.... i always wanted to do ib... n cleared it wid a score of 109.25...... feeling ecstatic... since i am an appearing graduate... :D

could seniors tell us what to expect and how to prepare....
also since my score is very close to the cutoff will it be a tougher task for me to convert....

please shed some light on the preparation.... thank u:cheerio:

got a call from siib(ib) at 108
booked for 11.15 slot on feb 13th..
wanted to know the address where the ge/pi would be held?

thanks in advance..

E&E; has shown great promise since its inception. The industry response was very encouraging. I cannot give you a quantatitive picture of the placements this year due to obvious constraints but will certainly say that the placement scene has been very bright with some of the best names in the energy sector including PSU's came down to our campus to recruit E&E; students.

The exposure level for all 3 streams is more or less the same as we share industry interaction, inhouse and visiting faculty across specializations. There is very high level of optimisim and energy about this course among the faculty and students alike.

In the admissions thread before I did post names of the major companies visiting our campus for E&E; students. We also shared relevant reading material, I shall share the same again soon for your convenience.

Good luck!!

Thank you Harsha for starting this thread. With not much time left, kindly guide, how to start from here since I am a naive in GDPI stuff.
Again, considering that I may be able to join only weekend classes of the practice sessions if any (only 2 weekends left) coducted by any coaching institute, will that be sufficient to maximize my chances.

hey wen i select the slot it returns me to the same page.. how do i knw if it has been selected? my third call aftr sibm pune, sims and now this

Hi

anyone from Kolkata?

Can some one please tell me the weightage provided to SNAP scores this time for the final admission?

hey how does one knw that the slot has been booked, my browser returns me to the same page aftr booking the slot.. no confirmation is visible.. By the way my third call SIBM pune, siib and sims

Hi

anyone from Kolkata?

Me originally from the City of Joy.. Now posted in Pune :cheerio:
mail4avi Says
hey how does one knw that the slot has been booked, my browser returns me to the same page aftr booking the slot.. no confirmation is visible.. By the way my third call SIBM pune, siib and sims

jus go to another page n come back to the gd/pi shortlist page.... if the date n slot is already selected as u had selected earlier... then i dont think it will be a problem... its saved....

also they have said... they will make a list... and any changes will be entertained upto 2 daya frm making of the list

all the best

Feels nice to get the first GD-PI call of the season. Although SCMHRD at 109.5 looks unlikely then also I hoping for a bit of luck tomorrow. ATB to people who have SIIB calls. Oh! Man. This year Cut-off has gone really high.

ShesadriBiswas Says
Can some one please tell me the weightage provided to SNAP scores this time for the final admission?

50% weightage is given to SNAP score....but beside that your performance in GD/PI does matter....SYMBIOSIS has always been biased towards boys...so that might work in your favour finally.....
ShesadriBiswas Says
Me originally from the City of Joy.. Now posted in Pune :cheerio:

I meant someone travelling from Kolkata?? 😃 😃

hello puys,

any one going for gd/pi from delhi.....i have my slot booked for 13th.....

hello puys,

any one going for gd/pi from delhi.....i have my slot booked for 13th.....

yes, I am too from deli.. booked my slot for 13...

congrats everyone who got the call!!
I got the call for IB
Booked it on 6th ,9:15 am