[2011-13]Queries for SIMSR aka K.J. Somaiya - PGDM/PGDM(IB)

K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research(SIMSR) started their application process from today. The ads came out in Times of India. If you have any query regarding the same please post here. This is the official thread of SIMSR. I an…

K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research(SIMSR) started their application process from today. The ads came out in Times of India. If you have any query regarding the same please post here. This is the official thread of SIMSR.
I and other SIMSR students will help you on this thread here.
Following are last year's link for your assistance.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Mumbai-India/Simsr-admission-committee/149366525105178
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/simsradmission
Our BLOG:
https://simsr.wordpress.com/
Life @ SIMSR:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/life-b-school-b-school/34281-life-simsr-2.html#post2308091

Thank you,
Joy Deep Tiwary
Admission Committee

K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research started their application process from today. The ads came out in Times of India. If you have any query regarding the same please post here.
I and other SISMR students will help you on this thread here.
Following are last year's link for your assistance.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Mumbai-India/Simsr-admission-committee/149366525105178

Thank you,
Joy Deep Tiwary
Admission Committee

Hi! how many seats are there in k.j.simsr through CAT and what is the cut-off for gd-pi calls? also, please clarify whether the calls are profile based or score based? what is the percentage of freshers in the batch?:D:D

There are 120 seats for PGDM and 60 for PGDM(IB)
the cutoff keeps changing every year..
In my batch the calls were based on the CAT score alone
In my batch the %age of freshers were 13%...
request you to go through the brochure. It has the batch breakup and other details too...

can u attach the news paper advt. ...here.....it will help to all puyz....!!!!

Arvind4MBA Says
can u attach the news paper advt. ...here.....it will help to all puyz....!!!!

its there on the website:
ADMISSION BROCHURE

can u plz tell me what's the total fees for two years(including hostel & mess charges). and the min. ,avg. ,& the highest package of 2010 passed out batch.
and did it achieve 100% placement?
also tell me last year's cut off.

can u plz tell me what's the total fees for two years(including hostel & mess charges). and the min. ,avg. ,& the highest package of 2010 passed out batch.
and did it achieve 100% placement?
also tell me last year's cut off.

Fee for 1st year Rs 205000
Hostel fee Rs 83500(Compulsory for all 1st year students)
Mess is around Rs 2200/PM..

Max Package 14LPA
Aver 6.5LPA

The cutoff keeps changing per year.for my batch it was low due to CAT but I am "speculating" it to be around 90-91 looking at the earlier batches.

Guys,

Post as much queries regarding SIMSR admission. We are here to help you and guide you & clarify your doubts regarding SIMSR admission procedure.

Note: Regarding different links about SIMSR do check the first page.

Hi,

Is the application for PGDM and PGDM(IB) the same? What are the respective cutoffs for both the programs. Also, what were the placement profiles offered(esp. consulting and i-banks profiles were thr?)

Thanks & Regards,
Divya.

what is the cut off for PGDM(IB) last year?

Hi,

Is the application for PGDM and PGDM(IB) the same? What are the respective cutoffs for both the programs. Also, what were the placement profiles offered(esp. consulting and i-banks profiles were thr?)

Thanks & Regards,
Divya.

Hi Divya,

1) You have to fill different forms for PGDM & PGDM(IB) but after getting the calls for both GD & PI process for both is the same.

2) PGDM form is available at K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research &
form for IB will be posted soon.

3) The cutoffs hover somewhere around
93%ile for PGDM and 90-91%ile for PGDM(IB).

4) The profiles offered during campus placements include consulting, market
research,sales,etc.

5) A detail post regarding specialization wise profiles will be posted by
tonight.

I hope that helps .

Best of luck to all of you & feel free to shoot your queries.
vaib.18sharma Says
what is the cut off for PGDM(IB) last year?

The cutoffs for last year are given in my last post . This year they are expected around 93%ile for PGDM and 90-91%ile for PGDM(IB), taking cues from past few year trend.
Fee for 1st year Rs 205000
Hostel fee Rs 83500(Compulsory for all 1st year students)
Mess is around Rs 2200/PM..

Max Package 14LPA
Aver 6.5LPA

The cutoff keeps changing per year.for my batch it was low due to CAT but I am "speculating" it to be around 90-91 looking at the earlier batches.

what about the second year fee?
and the hostel fee which u have told is only for first year ?
and was the placement 100% for the 2010 passed out batch?
what about the second year fee?
and the hostel fee which u have told is only for first year ?
and was the placement 100% for the 2010 passed out batch?

Dear Rahul,

1) Second Year fees almost same as the first year fees.
2) Yes, the hostel fees is for the first year, will be same in next year.
3) The placements were pretty good for last year students with highest salary
being 14 lacs, avg above 6 lacs.

Note: The complete placement break-up will be posted in a day or two
as the data is being collated, so a little patience is requested.

Hope the info helps.

does it take CAT score only?

abhadani Says
does it take CAT score only?

Only CAT scores are accepted for PGDM/PGDM(IB).

Hi,

Thanks seniors for the prompt responses. Would like to know why last year cut-offs dipped so much?? Because of CAT glitches, or some reason specific to SIMSR?

Regards,
Divya.

Hi,

Thanks seniors for the prompt responses. Would like to know why last year cut-offs dipped so much?? Because of CAT glitches, or some reason specific to SIMSR?

Regards,
Divya.

It was mainly due to CAT glitches...
they just wanted more ppl to go thru the GD/PI process so that they have more choices!!

Could you please clarify on work ex requirements

I work in a small, unregistered but highly reputed consulting firm. Have been training the trainers and managers in industry for 1.5 years. Have also got onsite international experience in training the managers. My questions is wheter my work ex (unregisterd firm) be considered by KJ Somaiya?

Also it says that we need to send an attested copy of our work ex certi. Whom should it be attested by (GOvt Officer or our CEO)?

Also could I send a 'till date' work-ex letter for my current job instead of my salary slips/joining letter?