[2010] ximb pgdm gd/pi queries,discussions thread

Gonna start my first thread on Pg. Now that the GD/PI list is out and most of us know the results i think its time we dive into the next stage of prep and that is specific GD/PI prep for XIMB PGDM. Here are some links from previous years. GD/…

Gonna start my first thread on Pg. Now that the GD/PI list is out and most of us know the results i think its time we dive into the next stage of prep and that is specific GD/PI prep for XIMB PGDM. Here are some links from previous years.

GD/PI EXPERIENCES FOR 2007:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ximb-2007-09-gd-pi-experiences-25021632
GD/PI EXPERIENCES FOR 2009:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-ximb-gd-pi-experiences-thread-25038035
GD/PI EXPERIENCES FOR 2008:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2008-ximb-gd-pi-experiences-25029397
GD/PI EXPERIENCES FOR 2006:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ximb-gd-pi-experiences-2006-25013890
suggestions welcome should we all start with our profile and xat scores and sectional breakup? PM me for suggestions
P.S Found no other threads for this purpose but if they already exist mods do delete this thread.

Hey the thread should be more active if we are to benefit more from it. Anyways... they are grilling on acads for freshers.... .... a month to go... would have to go through subjects again...

abhish05 Says
Hey the thread should be more active if we are to benefit more from it. Anyways... they are grilling on acads for freshers.... .... a month to go... would have to go through subjects again...

Dude, how can you speculate that they are grilling freshers for acads even before the process has started.

I have personally been to interviews last year and there have been instances where there was not a single question from acads. Even though it is expected from each one of you that your basics are in place.

btw, i am a fresher.

Ohh. .. sorry then... i just went through the previous years threads.. thats where i concluded from... and by grilling i meant basics of acads only....sorry if it was misleading ... 😞

hey hi
wen does the gd pi round begins for ximb(bm)??

abhish05 Says
Ohh. .. sorry then... i just went through the previous years threads.. thats where i concluded from... and by grilling i meant basics of acads only....sorry if it was misleading ... :(

No issues buddy.. I agree there are times when they grill you, but not always.

I had an interview last year where i was asked about the current trends in the industry in the subject in which i had done my undergraduation. In one of the interviews, i was asked to explain about my final year project. And in the XIMB interview, they didnt touch upon acads. ( which does not mean in anyway that you guys wont be asked about acads )

Just chill. Enjoy the moment; now that you have been shortlisted and start with your preparation..

Could anybody tell d tentative dates for GD/PI this year?????

desi0086 Says
Could anybody tell d tentative dates for GD/PI this year?????

The entire process will be conducted in March, around second week or so

So here i go wd my proflie details..
XAT OA 97.7
B.E. (marine)..wud be asked abt this for sure...
reasonably gud acads..in 10th n 12th
36 months of work ex
do let me know what else do i need to post
Cheers
vivek

kk13 Says
The entire process will be conducted in March, around second week or so

Will it be same across all the locations?
coz i have iit calls too and my ximb center was hyd which is cancelled now.
If it is same across all the locations and if my IIT B/IITD/IIT M/IIT kgp call is near XIMB call then i can opt the respective location for XIMB.

Senios plz help as i have to reply my center preference before feb 4.
Will it be same across all the locations?
coz i have iit calls too and my ximb center was hyd which is cancelled now.
If it is same across all the locations and if my IIT B/IITD/IIT M/IIT kgp call is near XIMB call then i can opt the respective location for XIMB.

Senios plz help as i have to reply my center preference before feb 4.

The dates for the respective locations are not available to us and you would have to wait for them. But still, we ll try getting them for you guys..
kk13 Says
The dates for the respective locations are not available to us and you would have to wait for them. But still, we ll try getting them for you guys..

but i need to give my center preference by feb 4:-(:-(:-(

seniors,cud u pls mention the call ratio for gdpi at ximb(2010).
also,can some1 highlight the overall process of gdpi for pgdm(is it just gd+pi or r thr ne grp tasks or essays n all)

The minimum requirement for admission to the Programme is: A three-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline from a recognized University. Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 15, 2010, may also apply. Offers of admission to such candidates, if made, will be provisional and will be automatically cancelled in the event of their failing to complete all the requirements for obtaining the degree before June 15.

I wont be completing my UG until the end of June. Seniors please clarify what has to be done in my case.
The minimum requirement for admission to the Programme is: A three-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline from a recognized University. Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 15, 2010, may also apply. Offers of admission to such candidates, if made, will be provisional and will be automatically cancelled in the event of their failing to complete all the requirements for obtaining the degree before June 15.

I wont be completing my UG until the end of June. Seniors please clarify what has to be done in my case.

The classes over here start in mid june. How do you intend to attend the course without completing your UG ?
Contact the admissions office regarding the same. They would be able to give you a clear picture.
The classes over here start in mid june. How do you intend to attend the course without completing your UG ?
Contact the admissions office regarding the same. They would be able to give you a clear picture.

The thing is, I'll be free from June 18(and can start attending) but not sure when I'll receive the relevant documents asked.

Also, mine is not a special case, half the students of BITS pilani and goa complete graduation on June 18th(though there may not be a lot in those shortlisted but nonetheless, a genuine case). May be I should bring this to the notice of Admissions Committee.

Would we have to fill up a questionairre or something like XL?

my xat score is 96.3

but my 10th and 12th scores are bad 😞 (i feel like crying)

apart from this i am a bba student from the nearby Utkal University (if you know) now since i am in bba, don't you think i will be screwed because the people who will interview me are masters of their trade and i am just a (relatively) new kid on the block?

also, i am fine in gd/pi but i don't know how much my 10th and 12th scores will affect my chances :(

any suggestions, if any, please?

my xat score is 96.3

but my 10th and 12th scores are bad 😞 (i feel like crying)

apart from this i am a bba student from the nearby Utkal University (if you know) now since i am in bba, don't you think i will be screwed because the people who will interview me are masters of their trade and i am just a (relatively) new kid on the block?

also, i am fine in gd/pi but i don't know how much my 10th and 12th scores will affect my chances :(

any suggestions, if any, please?

I am not a senior but I feel you shouldn't be too worried about things you can't change. Just deal with the question, if asked, positively saying that you are an improved person now and that you did well in BBA(am assuming since you are worried about 10 and 12) Say that you'll work even harder after joining MBA.

All The Best