[2010] SJMSOM GD/PI Prep

Hi friends, This thread is for all your GD/PI preparations for the GD/PI process at SJMSOM. Discuss cases, current news, latest business news and anything else under the sun that you think could make a difference. Hope you have a great time…

Hi friends,
This thread is for all your GD/PI preparations for the GD/PI process at SJMSOM. Discuss cases, current news, latest business news and anything else under the sun that you think could make a difference.

Hope you have a great time and all the best for the process.

Dear Seniors,

I have the following doubts, guess many others would also have the same:
What is the total number of seats this year and how much is reserved for OBC-NC.
What is the Call Ratio (Totla number of students called)
What is the Group size for GD and how long does a sitting go
How about Interviews. what is the time frame.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Dear Seniors,

I have the following doubts, guess many others would also have the same:
What is the total number of seats this year and how much is reserved for OBC-NC.
What is the Call Ratio (Totla number of students called)
What is the Group size for GD and how long does a sitting go
How about Interviews. what is the time frame.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Kindly preserve this thread only for your GD/PI preparation. Post all your queries on the following thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/sjmsom-gd-pi-2010-queries-and-clarifications-25049923

Regarding group sizes and time frames, kindly refer to last years' experiences on the following links:

2009-11
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/sjmsom-gp-pi-experience-2009-25038118
2008-10
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2008-10 GD/PI Experiences (SJMSOM,IIT Bombay 2008-10 GD/PI Exp)
2007-09
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2007-09 GD/PI Prep (SJMSOM GD PI prep For 2007-09 Batch....)
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2007-09 GD/PI Experiences (SJMSOM 2007-09 GD/PI Experiences)
2005-07 (pretty old thread. Nevertheless, it will be helpful)
SJMSoM, IITBombay 2005-07 GD/PI Experiences (IIT-B (Sjmsom) GD/PI Experiences(2005-07))

Thanks for creating this thread.... I hope we can make good use of this forum......

Hi friends,
Congratulations on being chosen for the next level.
Hope all of you have started your whole hearted preparations for the GD/PI process, an event that would decide the future you carve out for yourself in the years to come.

The admissions committee @ SJMSOM is pleased to announce a mentorship program for the candidates chosen for the GD/PI process. A student of SJMSOM from our batch would be assigned to you and he/she would be your point of contact for any query you have about the school.
The queries could be about the GD/PI process, the batch profile, faculty or life @ SJMSOM in general. Your mentor would try to answer your queries to the best of his/her ability.
We'll be sending across an email with more details soon.

Any feedback you have for us is most welcome and can be mailed to [email protected]
The team would be happy to help you with your preparations.
All the best!!

Hello i am preparing hard for the GD/PI programme. Suggest me some good tutorials to get qualify in GD/PI.

can u suggest some budget hotels near iit bombay.

could any one post a link how to approach a case study...I have gone through previous years experience but there is only problem given not the approach or solution....Please help me out...

hi all....
can anyone plz help me any books or material for case study preparation.......please if anyone knows....
and we are not utilizing this thread.....cmon....make use of it...

hi seniors,
are all the studies HR related or there can be cases relating to mergers or acquisitions or other such topics. most of the cases given in last yrs' experiences are HR related.....

kn any1 plz help me out wd the kind of gd/pi topics 4 SJMSOM...

hello puys i think u myt find this link useful..for case based gd/pi..
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/practice-case-studies-for-gd-pi-25037108

hi friends

i am a fresher from it branch

can someone suggest the topic from my curriculum which i should prepare for interview and up-to which extent

i am also a fresher of cse(s/w engg)
is the interview always more technical than hr??

It is mentioned in the check list that we need to get photocopy of all the docs.
Does it mean that we need to get photocopy of even extra-curricular
activities, achievements ?
"Any other supporting documents that you wish to present. (For
extra-curricular activities, achievements etc.)"

Hi puys,

can somebody pls tell me whether sjmsom offers an HR course or subjects related to HR ?.. i want to do my mba in HR... is sjmsom the right place for it?

thnx

Came to IITB for GDPI. What a great experience I had right now.

1. No one was there to guide me
2. Adcom committee was not picking up the call.
3. Finally, got the help of a security, who told me to go to hostel 7
4. Went there, but they said they dont have rooms ( I had got the confirmation mail from adcom that my accommodation is arranged :))
5. Made to go to Hostel 1, where they gave me a really really big room (It was a TV room puys), no bed, no bucket and mug (to bath after a long journey)
6. Used a screen cloth to sleep now...

will update more later.. bye

I am a lone wolf here.... IITB guys come to my room to play snooker, carrom, etc, no privacy (coz it is a common room:banghead::banghead::banghead:) They stare at me in a mocking tone, as I am sleeping on the floor
It is really disgusting guys..... I feel like I am losing my dignity here. And I have to pay Rs. 250/day for this b*llsh*t accomodation...

IIMA aspirant Says
I am a lone wolf here.... IITB guys come to my room to play snooker, carrom, etc, no privacy (coz it is a common room:banghead::banghead::banghead:) They stare at me in a mocking tone, as I am sleeping on the floor
seniors please reply..this is really worrying. one cant possibly be in a peaceful frame of mind for one's gd pi after this kind of stay.