[2010] SIIB GD-PI Experiences

Hi puys,Strangely i was not able to found a thread for sharing SIIB GD-PI(Phase II) experiences that took off from today. :: Little Info:Phase - II consists of Group Discussion, Personal Interviews, Group Activity & Written Communication …

Hi puys,Strangely i was not able to found a thread for sharing SIIB GD-PI(Phase II) experiences that took off from today.

Little Info:Phase - II consists of Group Discussion, Personal Interviews, Group Activity & Written Communication Test. The Group Discussion will be based on a case study, which will be followed by personal interview. The Group Test would evaluate the soft skills required in a managerial position and the written communication would evaluate the ability to write concisely & coherently.

I request all the puys who attended the process this year or last year to share their valuable experiences and tips with us.:thumbsup:

Hi puys,

First of all hats off for Swagat, our mentor for d whole process.

GD was a case study bout banning orkut.

Group task was bout puzzle. cud'nt make it :(

Not Essay but your openions :sucess comes by Actions or Fate ?

2 PI's

Purely HR.They want to know U as a person.

One interviewer asks bout GAY Marriges from a handsome guy ..;)

Will miss ma new frens Aman and Ambuj...

OA a nice experience..leavin 4 Delhi 2marow

Met some of the Puys today during the process. 😃 I am a mentor too for one of the streams. Will be meeting more of you Puys tomorrow.:)

Things seem to be panning out as they did last year,so far.

One thing possibly which can help the batches which are coming on for the days ahead:make sure you have photostats of your class 10 and 12 certificates, and also printouts of your latest pay-slip,if you do not have the work-ex cert ready.

hi seniors......i want to ask one thing......I am an Engg. Grad.......bt fresher......so wat type of ques can I expect in PI.......will there b any tech ques????

The interviewers who r HR frm the industry are grilling u on u as a person....

They r askin y noy MBA after workex y now ??

ur overall personality :thumbsup:

aby_johnson Says
Met some of the Puys today during the process. 😃 ...........................latest pay-slip,if you do not have the work-ex cert ready.

Just one query will 1 photocopy of 10th n 12th b sufficient.. or 2 in each. I m asking this becoz i m making a complete of documents .. just trying to get the things as organized as possible..so tat i focus on gdpi .. n not kaun say copy nahi mil raha dekhu toh zara.....;)

hey guys just one post of experience..come on guys share some info

hey,
Is there any form to be filled up during the process? If yes, did they check the CV you carried?

tashan10 Says
Just one query will 1 photocopy of 10th n 12th b sufficient.. or 2 in each. I m asking this becoz i m making a complete of documents .. just trying to get the things as organized as possible..so tat i focus on gdpi .. n not kaun say copy nahi mil raha dekhu toh zara.....;)

Two full sets of photostats should be good enough for the process. A backup was never found to be wanting.

Yes,it certainly helps to have all documents in place beforehand.:grin:
hey,
Is there any form to be filled up during the process? If yes, did they check the CV you carried?

A form regards personal details, academic achievements and ex-curricular is given which needs to be filled up in the GD-PI process itself.
Two full sets of photostats should be good enough for the process. A backup was never found to be wanting.

Yes,it certainly helps to have all documents in place beforehand.:grin:

do we need to get a copy of the SNAP score card too.. just a query came to mind..

nah....jus print out of SIIB call for GD/PI will suffice......

hey puys,
plz answer my query.. Is there any essay also?? Or nt.. Replaced by sumthng else??

have gd-pi tomorrow.. i wil contribute to this forum on saturday. I(thats when i will get net access again).. till then, adb to others.. 😃

Hi puys,

First of all hats off for our mentor for d whole process... (sorry i forgot his name )

I had my slot at 8:45am As usual reached at 8:42:grin:

GD was a case study bout coca-cola. It was that what coca-cola has done for improvement for disposal in its waste products and is it serious about it?:lookround:. Amazing part being that 1 guy(dj1) in our group is an employee of coca-cola

Group task was bout making 5 arrows form 4 arrows. Our group had 4 different ideas in 4 minutes:w00t:
Not Essay but your opinions :can money buy u happiness?

2 PI's

Purely HR.They want to know U as a person or ur communication skills.....

OA a nice experience..leavin 4 chandigarh in morning

Group had 10 people... all in alphabetic order... aji aka dj1:p and our group had 3 girl named Akansha:w00t:

One note;): If ur hungry dont eat in symbi cafeteria.. No offence meant but they had nothing to eat... Just move out n in corner u will get a nice cafeteria (in some company's building)

Go out n enjoy...:drinking:

Hi puys,

First of all hats off for our mentor for d whole process... (sorry i forgot his name )

I had my slot at 8:45am As usual reached at 8:42:grin:

GD was a case study bout coca-cola. It was that what coca-cola has done for improvement for disposal in its waste products and is it serious about it?:lookround:. Amazing part being that 1 guy(dj1) in our group is an employee of coca-cola

Group task was bout making 5 arrows form 4 arrows. Our group had 4 different ideas in 4 minutes:w00t:
Not Essay but your opinions :can money buy u happiness?

2 PI's

Purely HR.They want to know U as a person or ur communication skills.....

OA a nice experience..leavin 4 chandigarh in morning

Group had 10 people... all in alphabetic order... aji aka dj1:p and our group had 3 girl named Akansha:w00t:

Hey dude, I'm unable to understand the meaning of OPINION... Do we have to write it or we have to verbally give our points.... Please anyone throw some light over it!!!

One note;): If ur hungry dont eat in symbi cafeteria.. No offence meant but they had nothing to eat... Just move out n in corner u will get a nice cafeteria (in some company's building)

Go out n enjoy...:drinking:

And Regarding the eateries around siib:
1. Tamana Talk-About(nearby) - Good Food:lookround:
2. Fasos Rolls Corner(nearby)- Delicious Rolls:lookround:
3. Lemon Tree-3 star(very nearby)- Decent food but overpriced!!!
4. McDonalds(1 km)- Auto walla will charge 30 rs
5. Dominoes(1 km+)- 35-40 rs

And Regarding the eateries around siib:
1. Tamana Talk-About(nearby) - Good Food:lookround:
2. Fasos Rolls Corner(nearby)- Delicious Rolls:lookround:
3. Lemon Tree-3 star(very nearby)- Decent food but overpriced!!!
4. McDonalds(1 km)- Auto walla will charge 30 rs
5. Dominoes(1 km+)- 35-40 rs

one more is there :

Tamanna Executive

very near and just next to Lemon Tree.
good food and :grin: reasonable prices.
just next to that is :drinking::drinking:. be there in case you need.

regards,

I dont know why puys are not sharing their GD PI experince

Mine is as follows

Reached their center at 7:30 because I was not designated for gd today but on 7th. As you enter the building there you have two help desk one for scit and one for siib.

The seniors sitting in siib help desk(if you are reading) are so beautiful that I once forget my GDPI and was prepared to ask about her, but then you have some seniors(guys) looking at you as if they were their girl friend.
Well I waited for half an hour and then was taken to 5th floor for ppt stuff.When we reached 5th floor the women sitting there got annoyed after listening that I am of 7th feb batch and still they have given me chance so early. According to them people coming from other slot should be made to wait I dont know the reason why.
Then we had our ppt which was impressive after that I was given a form to fill. It was basically a profile form. Puys fill the form as soon as possible as u may run out of time afterwards.
GD- Was a case study about Ashok working for 5 years and feels neglected etc etc What should he do next. Quit job or find out reason.

GT was interesting one we had to plan, organize and sell a syrup that enhances for obesity. Ya that increase obesity.

Essay Than we had essay about IPL a good development your thoughts

Pi We had two Pi both were HR types so no need to brush up your accads.

Warning also whatever you write in profile form you should have reason for it otherwise they are going to screw you

My mentor was Sumit very chilled out person and also very helpful one. Was hoping to meet ABBY but I dont know whether I met him or not as I met lot of seniors without asking their name.

Seniors(Guys) Sir on lighter note I found large number of very pretty faces in siib so how do you concentrate in class.

I dont know why puys are not sharing their GD PI experince

Mine is as follows

Reached their center at 7:30 because I was not designated for gd today but on 7th. As you enter the building there you have two help desk one for scit and one for siib.

The seniors sitting in siib help desk(if you are reading) are so beautiful that I once forget my GDPI and was prepared to ask about her, but then you have some seniors(guys) looking at you as if they were their girl friend.
Well I waited for half an hour and then was taken to 5th floor for ppt stuff.When we reached 5th floor the women sitting there got annoyed after listening that I am of 7th feb batch and still they have given me chance so early. According to them people coming from other slot should be made to wait I dont know the reason why.
Then we had our ppt which was impressive after that I was given a form to fill. It was basically a profile form. Puys fill the form as soon as possible as u may run out of time afterwards.
GD- Was a case study about Ashok working for 5 years and feels neglected etc etc What should he do next. Quit job or find out reason.

GT was interesting one we had to plan, organize and sell a syrup that enhances for obesity. Ya that increase obesity.

Essay Than we had essay about IPL a good development your thoughts

Pi We had two Pi both were HR types so no need to brush up your accads.

Warning also whatever you write in profile form you should have reason for it otherwise they are going to screw you

My mentor was Sumit very chilled out person and also very helpful one. Was hoping to meet ABBY but I dont know whether I met him or not as I met lot of seniors without asking their name.

Seniors(Guys) Sir on lighter note I found large number of very pretty faces in siib so how do you concentrate in class.

pretty faces???

ohh!!! how we concentrate thats a secret! once you are here, you can decipher the secret of concentration.

till then enjoy