2010 MBA From TiasNimbas Business School, The Netherlands

Hi Puys, Please let me know if you are looking for any information about TiasNimbas business school for its MBA and Masters Programs, I would do my best to help you out. Gaap, Masters in Financial management, 2009 Batch

Hi Puys,

Please let me know if you are looking for any information about TiasNimbas business school for its MBA and Masters Programs, I would do my best to help you out.

Gaap,
Masters in Financial management,
2009 Batch

hey Gaap,
I just got some good vibes from the Tiasnimbas guys, wondering whether or not its the right kinda program for me. I don't have much work-ex, which is why i marked out Tias, they didnt seem much too bothered by it. Could you tell me something about the placement situation, and what kinda place Utrecht is?

Hey Gaap..

I have been selected in TN Full time MBA starting in 2010.

My scepticism arises about its reputation in Netherlands..and europe..

do people go to good companies from here?

how much schol shud I negotiate for..they are giving me 7500 euros as of now...

also..how is the job scenario..and the quality of MBA..

I am from India..

Thanks for the information..

hey Gaap,
I just got some good vibes from the Tiasnimbas guys, wondering whether or not its the right kinda program for me. I don't have much work-ex, which is why i marked out Tias, they didnt seem much too bothered by it. Could you tell me something about the placement situation, and what kinda place Utrecht is?

hi yatinmulky,
well, the least experience in the current batch is around 3 years! i am not sure if there was anyone with lower exp in the previous years. I think the program advisor should have been very much impressed by ur profile. i think you should not be too bothered by it (ur exp) too much.
For the placements, we had a difficult 2009. Tias didnt have an official placements day last year and it would be difficult for me to give any figures. This year we have an official placement day in the month of may, i think we will have a better idea on the placements after this. but to put things in better prospective, anyone with fluency with an european ( preferably western european)language has an good chance to get a job.
Utrecht is a student city with decent nite life. i personally like this place more than Amsterdam and utrecht is not very far amsterdam and rotterdam. i think many from the current batch too like the place.
All the best! you can send me a PM if you need anything
Cheers

Hey Gaap,
thanks for the info. Its been helpful. I'm not very familiar with Europe, so its great to get an idea about the cities from people who are living there.
And like you say, yeah, i guess he was impressed by my profile So you're having a placement day this year? That will be good hopefully. Where are you from? Are you Dutch or from outside? With regard to Western European Languages, i speak English and Deutsch and a little bit (conversational) French. Hope these are adequate.

I don't speak Dutch....would it be useful if i tried to learn Dutch?

Hey Gaap..

I have been selected in TN Full time MBA starting in 2010.

My scepticism arises about its reputation in Netherlands..and europe..

do people go to good companies from here?

how much schol shud I negotiate for..they are giving me 7500 euros as of now...

also..how is the job scenario..and the quality of MBA..

I am from India..

Thanks for the information..

Hi saMBA,
Congrats on getting thru!
Tias nimbas does enjoy a good reputation in Netherlands. Affliation with Bradford school of management is an added advantage. Tilburg University too is considered to an elite institution in NL. so pretty much safe on this count.......
as for placements, as i mentioned in my last reply, we didnt have any official placement day last year, but we do have one this year, so we are waiting to see what happens then.

I think you got a pretty good offer for the scholarship,

The MBA class is a good mix of dutch and other nationalities. From wat i see the class if pretty motivated.

For the job scenario, well if you speak dutch you have ample opportunities especially in finance, but then getting a job also depends on your past experience and profile. In general,not a great market to be in at this moment of time but hopefully things should improve by the end of this year and should be doing good by the time the next batch steps out!!

I hope this is of some help.All the Best!!

Cheers
Hey Gaap,
thanks for the info. Its been helpful. I'm not very familiar with Europe, so its great to get an idea about the cities from people who are living there.
And like you say, yeah, i guess he was impressed by my profile So you're having a placement day this year? That will be good hopefully. Where are you from? Are you Dutch or from outside? With regard to Western European Languages, i speak English and Deutsch and a little bit (conversational) French. Hope these are adequate.

I don't speak Dutch....would it be useful if i tried to learn Dutch?

Hi,

Its fantastic that u can speak Deutsch!! Frankfurt is good place to start ur job hunt maybe! :)

and for Dutch, if you able to learn, i am sure u can get an job here! especially in finance!!
After completing the course, will TiasNimbas help me in finding a job? Or will I have to do the job-search by myself?
yatinmulky Says
After completing the course, will TiasNimbas help me in finding a job? Or will I have to do the job-search by myself?

hi, tias nimbas only GUIDES you. Like, letting you know the various recruitment drives, or any internship offers ..... we got to look a job for our selves for this year for sure.

Hey Gaap,

Thanks for providing the information. Frankly, I am having cold feet about TN. I know the education is as good as RSM (although RSM has much better global reputation).

For paying back loans, one needs a job after graduation.

No college guarantees jobs, for sure...however..in colleges its easier to find one than other..
Do you think TN is doing its best to improve the job numbers?

Also, do the best 3 students in the class get a job for sure?

Since I want to go into consulting, does McKinsey recruit from TN?

Thanks for the help

Hey Gaap,

Thanks for providing the information. Frankly, I am having cold feet about TN. I know the education is as good as RSM (although RSM has much better global reputation).

For paying back loans, one needs a job after graduation.

No college guarantees jobs, for sure...however..in colleges its easier to find one than other..
Do you think TN is doing its best to improve the job numbers?

Also, do the best 3 students in the class get a job for sure?

Since I want to go into consulting, does McKinsey recruit from TN?

Thanks for the help

hi saMBA,

Let me be brutally honest with you......

as far i have experienced till now, there has been an substancial increase in efforts from TN to get as many placed. As said earlier , we are having a company day this year and to add , some 13 companies have confirmed to participate( insider information... yet to get official).

to give you another statistic, only one student has been placed from FT MBA from 2008 batch. having said that it was particularily a bad year for business schools. i hope that number imporves this year. if it does improve, then maybe for the next batch , the prospects are brightened.

i understand having spent some much on an education you feel gutted if u dont end with a job, coz that is where the current students are in.

as for question on consulting, i am not very optimistic abt big consulting/investments banks participating in the company day.

if you are intrested to go back to your native country after ur MBA (that is in case you dont land a job), i would definetly recommend you for tias, if not u have get good with ur dutch.

language plays a huge part. learn dutch and i bet u will get a job sooner or later.

hope that helps, let me know for any other details

Cheers,
Gaap

Hi Gaap,

Its nice to see a current student helping the aspirants.
Well, I have admits in good ranked UK schools..but I would like to have an opinion from you..that should I apply to TN..or in other words..do you think that TN would give me better job option than these UK schools? After an MBA, for what duration are we eligible to stay in NL? At last I'd like to know that what is the avr GMAT & the min GMAT score..required to apply for TN ?

Thx.

Hi Gaap,

Its nice to see a current student helping the aspirants.
Well, I have admits in good ranked UK schools..but I would like to have an opinion from you..that should I apply to TN..or in other words..do you think that TN would give me better job option than these UK schools? After an MBA, for what duration are we eligible to stay in NL? At last I'd like to know that what is the avr GMAT & the min GMAT score..required to apply for TN ?

Thx.

hi ,

i am really sorry that i really cant give u an exact answer to each of your questions!!

TN vs UK Schools...

The only adavantage i see with TN is that u get access to EU job market. Ofcourse this may not be a large market for english speakers( assuming your knowledge in European languages to be limited), but u never know. UK is still having bad economic conditions that it will take a while before the job markets get better.

After ur degree u can stay upto one year in NL.

Min GMAT :550
Avg GMAT :630- 650

hope this helps...........

Hey Dr. Saurabh,
Personally, if you ask me, i suggest you go ahead and take Solvay, its got far better corporate relations!

Hey Dr. Saurabh,
Personally, if you ask me, i suggest you go ahead and take Solvay, its got far better corporate relations!

Hey dude,

Thanks for your suggestions..:clap:
Well..these are the Drawbacks for Solvay..for me..which is pulling me back..

1. The course duration is 10 months..which is certainly very less..for me..as I'm looking for a career change..so the longer the course is..the better it is from my perpective.
2. The language barrier..EU countries have their own languages..so it is definitely an advantage for UK.
3. The 'Brand Solvay'..is not very well-known in India.

How about you..did you choose for TN finally ?

Hey,
I kinda decided against Tias, though i'm still young (just one year work-ex)...i'l reapply next year maybe.

Hey,
I kinda decided against Tias, though i'm still young (just one year work-ex)...i'l reapply next year maybe.

Good yaar..

Then you have ample of time..to focuss & prepare for your targeted b-schools.

Have you given GMAT?..you can very well..prepare for the GMAT with good scores as you have ample of time..& you can even target good US schools as well..considering your young age..(so you can go for 2 yrs MBA also).

All the very best.:cheerio:

Hey,
I've already given the GMAT. Had applied to these schools with a 690. So the score is not a problem. Guess i can just spend some time building up on my resume to make it strong enough for the stronger schools. And yeah based on my conversations with a few people who've got european business schools, both Vlerick Leuven and Solvay rank very highly in Western Europe. The language they say is not an issue as Belgium speaks English atleast as a second language.

Hey,
I've already given the GMAT. Had applied to these schools with a 690. So the score is not a problem. Guess i can just spend some time building up on my resume to make it strong enough for the stronger schools. And yeah based on my conversations with a few people who've got european business schools, both Vlerick Leuven and Solvay rank very highly in Western Europe. The language they say is not an issue as Belgium speaks English atleast as a second language.

Hey dude..

Now thats a great news that you have got a Fantastic score..as you qualify for the requirements of most of the EU b-schools..no worries in this front..

Yes..so now you should focuss on building your Resume..& gradually writing awesome Essays & SOP..Some of the activities..wherein you can involve & improvise your Resume/ECs are given below..

1. Join an NGO..involved into the help of underprivileged..etc
2. Join any sports club..of your choice
3. Donate Blood..every quaterly (No need to get scared..)
4. Join any short-term correspondence course..in the specialization who want to persue..wit an MBA
5. Join any professional organisation (relevant to your future goals)..& take its membership..these are again asked/looked upon..at application.
6. Join any adventure sports (within your practical reach)..like rock-climbing, river rafting..etc (Even if you do it..once in a Blue-moon & have certificates for the same..then also its enough)

Secondly..why are you just concerned for Belgium schools..you have some other better W.Eu b-schools..with your GMAT score..but your work-ex..is only concerning...as they look for higher experience.

As far as my approach is concerned..Belgium is not a very good place for the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnological & Healthcare multinational companies..so if any other contry besides UK..then my choice would be Germany & Switzerland.

All the very best to you..& do let me know..if I can be of some help.

Cheers !