[2010] MadCapz Updates, Events, Achievements and Accolades

Hi All, We will keep this thread to list down and update on what MadCapz are upto and what all activities we have planned for the year 2010. Please avoid any “thank you”, “congratulations” kind of posts. As of now, we have planned…

Okay Puys, here is the Latest Update:

1. Work has been started with full enthusiasm. Madcapz participation is good, but still quite a few slots are still empty, notably that of SIBM Pune, and NMIMS, Mumbai. I guess we may have to flout the 'One Person One Bschool' rule. I would request the Madcapz who are reading this and have not nominated their name for the project, to do so asap. If you are facing any problem, feel free to contact Rohit or me anytime. :)

2. Remember, the deadline for this project is October 30th, so we need to complete everything before that. So be quick. However dont be so quick as to overlook errors in the documents. Take your time, and do your work carefully.

3. Personally, my work regarding IIFT is almost over. Just 2010 left.

4. Finally, remember that its very important to work amiably with your partners. Before you start your work, do contact your partners and make a fixed plan as to 'Who is Doing What'. Do NOT work in segregation. :cheers:

5. Remember to visit the Madcapz Google Group regularly for updates, and also check your mail regularly. You dont want to miss an important announcement, do you? :nono:

This is Satwinder, signing off for now. We will probably have a Gtalk Group Chat a few days from now, where every Madcapz will inform everyone of his/her progress concerning the Project work. Date for the Group chat will be declared soon. The sooner you complete the work, the better. Also do a revision at least once, since its quite likely you will miss a few errors the first time around. All the best puys..:D

We, the puys of Kolkata have had two more meets after the meet at CCD on the 19th of September in which Rohit was present......

There was a small meet on the 26th of September......5 Madcapz were present and Tanveer sir made an appearance too.....it was a general gyan session and the discussions revolved around CAT and a bit about various b-schools......after Tanveer sir left, we Madcapz thought about what to do next and the idea of a visit to IIMC came up.....we felt that a visit to this dream institute about a month before CAT would be the best possible motivation to give us the final push just before CAT.....

And so we landed in IIMC on 2nd October......as far as I can remember 9 puys turned up for the visit......"prem_ravi" was there to welcome us.....we were in the campus for almost 4 hours and prem bhai was there for the entire time......he showed us a bit around the campus.....we then sat in front of the auditorium where prem shared with us his experiences relating to CAT and how we can possibly handle it in a better way.....he also told a bit about how life has been in IIMC in the few months he has been there.....
Then Rohit Kedia joined us and he too shared a bit of his experience.....Prem bhai has 10 years of experience whereas Rohit is a fresher....so we got to know things from both perspectives to a certain extent......:D
After sunset we made our way to Prem's dorm......spent some time there.....pt_ct made an appearance there........and rik_12 came down to the gate to bid us farewell in the end.......:D

It was a wonderful experience.......we were all awe struck by the campus......lots of greenery around and of course the famous lakes.....also had a glimpse of IIMC's own "Howrah Bridge".....

Thats all for now.....we will keep everyone updated with all our activities in the future.....

Cheers to insanity!!!

P.S. skr_14 deserves credit for getting in touch with prem_ravi and making arrangements for the visit.....thanks to both of them.....

Hi All,

As of now, we have planned to do the following activities and more will be added as the year progresses and more ideas come in.

1) City Meets

Cheers and let us create a helpful world around us.
Rohit
]

Hi Puys And MadCapz,

In Jaipur, we have organized one PG meet, in which only 3 puys were present. :splat::splat: Even though Jaipur is a big city, we are seeing a huge Puys-crunch here.

Please suggest what can be done ?? You can have a look at the thread (Link in signature).

Once the puy count increases to atleast 5-6 then we (me and dreamysama) plan for Campus visits and other stuff.

Okay Puys, here is the Latest Update:

All the best puys..:D

Thanks Satwinder. You are .

hello puys,
madcapz here from Mysore.

We had our second ever PG meet at mysore,had a moderate turn up... i dont want to go into details of the meet u can get the same here

I dont want this to be just one off meet for mys, we are planning to have again in 3rd week of october, hoping to have a good turn up

Hello all!

Madcapz from hyderabad reporting here!

We had our 2nd successful pg meet this season on the 18th of sep!
It was basically a gyaan session. Attended by 10 puys! with each person talking about one's strategy in the exam and discussing plans in the month long run upto CAT...and a whole lot of bakkar also

Ohh boy! Bringing the all reclusive hyderabadi puys to meets is quite a task. :wow:

Trying to rope in reachmonil and tatimatla for the next hyderabadi meets...which would be in the last week of october/ first week of nov!

Well not much toi share but have been v busy helping puys with SOPs for FMS...other than that waiting for some action on the mumbai circuit....

In Pune, recently we had a PG meet on 26 Sep 2010. & 7 puys turned out. lot of bakar in meet and discussed some interesting things....
Well , next meet is scheduled on 11th Oct as nishantvdo will be in Pune. Won't be able this meet(out of town).

Also started work on GD/PI experiences of IIM A with Keerthi and Appurv. We are planing to complete it by the end of next week.

ooopsss....found this thread a bit late and started another similar thread.... 😞 nyway, have posted the link to this thread dere :), mods please lock dat 1 2 avoid cnfusion...

PGMadCapz bangalore Chapter.

PG Meets :

1) We have conducted some PG meets which had some phenomenal turnout. Lots of Gyaan were imparted on the Mocks, studies and other queries related to CAT preparation. . The_Hate, Doc, Pallavi and our own Rohit (can't say Rohit saar, already reprimanded for calling ) were instrumental for holding the Puys in awe 😁 .
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/bengaluru-pg-meets-season-2010-2011-25054488

2) We had two PGMadCapz brainstorming sessions one was guided by Rohit himself and other was by the PGMadcapz themselves. Lots of ideas came out and we will discuss more on the google groups.

3) OMPA meet is coming up. Anshul is taking extra effort for this :D.
More here : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/bengaluru-pg-meets-season-2010-2011-25054488

4) We are discussing the Topic meets or GD PI meets during the course of time. Still in planning phase.

5) The work on GD/PI book is coming up with full josh under the guidance of Satwinder :D.
If anybody still hasn't nominated , please do so at the earliest.

@PGMadCapz (Bangalore) : Do update if I have missed out anything.

v r goin 2 hav d FIRST EVER PG MEET in Durgapur....We all r working hard 2 make it a roaring success...!!!!

With Kinji's words, I am adding a few. :D

Kinji told all the official meets and discussion sessions. Other than those, we discuss a lot about PG threads(whenever we meet), discuss some of the methods, discussion some of them in Google groups. 😁 Even, call some of the guys with their PG id. :shocked: :D

A little experience of mine, Last sunday, i was solving some of the quant funda/questions in a little hurry in our English class :shocked:, and one guy asked me, "r u a PG.. i have seen pgs doing in this crazy way, though I am a pg as well... " 😁 I was literally ...

Great to see Puys Working Passionately :)
Mumbaikars Meeting up this Saturday hoping to have many puys to join in

gathering data for GD/PI experience book 😃 sorting out the ones nicely described and of the ones who have scored high and converted 😃

Update from my side ..
Luckymurari & me are working on I.I.M. - I ..

Due to Office work i was nt able to give my 101 % on the e-book ...'ll resume the work today :-)

The 2007-09 page 'll be ready in a day or so ..

PG MEETS UDAIPUR : Nothing much to comment on this .. The First ever PG-UDAIPUR MEET is on the cards ...

WANTED : Can anybody help me in searching P.G. Users in udaipur

P.S. : Pallavi puri is from udaipur .. Help me out P.P.

Update from my side ..

Due to Office work i was nt able to give my 101 % on the e-book ...'ll resume the work today :-)

PG MEETS UDAIPUR : Nothing much to comment on this .. The First ever PG-UDAIPUR MEET is on the cards ...

PP is in high demand.

@Rishab : You can start a thread for PG meet in Udaipur and I guess you can network better.

hey guys,
jst nominated myself for the nmims chapter of the gd/pi ebook :cheerio::cheerio::cheerio:.
Am the lone madcapz working on it r8 nw.any help would be appreciated.:

Bhubaneswar gearing up for its first ever PG meet
hoping for a good response

Update from my side ..

I m also ffrom udaipur i wish i coudl help u out & also be a part of these meets but i m sitting here in mumbai but if theres a meet around diwali i will make it a point to attend it.....
harry4u9 Says
I m also ffrom udaipur i wish i coudl help u out & also be a part of these meets but i m sitting here in mumbai but if theres a meet around diwali i will make it a point to attend it.....

Do PM me .. if you come down to udaipur ...

First ever UDAIPUR meet will take place ... :cheers:

organizd d frst evr pg meet in durgapur..had 2 leave hafway :-C bt gr8 participation 4m d nit guys.. 😃 .. cheerio..