[2010-2012] BIMTECH GD/PI Discussions

Hi call getters, It seems that no one’s created a thread for this yrs gd/pi so i’m taking the liberty to create one… A little aside… i’m surprised that none of u ppl did it… u shld have seized the initiative… but anyways… …

Hi call getters,

It seems that no one's created a thread for this yrs gd/pi so i'm taking the liberty to create one...

A little aside... i'm surprised that none of u ppl did it... u shld have seized the initiative... but anyways...

this is the link for last years thread... u'll find some info there about last yrs experiences and topics...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-2011-bimtech-gd-pi-discussion-25037321

for those having their gds on the 13th and 14th... i know its a bit of a tough thing getting into the mindframe in 5 days or so, just as a shortcut.... keep a track of the edit pages of ET for the next few days... thats where the current affairs r being discussed... u'll get some meat for the gds, n probably pointers to a few current affairs gd topics as well... if possible look into the last fortnight as well...

all the best...

there is one question that is killing me...i had backlogs in my 2nd nd 4th semester as i was working part time to support myself financially (apparently my parents cut me off financially since i opted out of my medical studies). cudnt attend my college but smehw managed to clear all my semesters despite of being given 0 in internal evaluation. Smehw i manged to get 50 out of 70 in every subject in external evaluation in every semester (50% aggregate is the minimum criteria in our college to clear each nd every semester). Anyway i hve cleared those backlogs not sure if my marksheets will b provided by the time of my PI but a letter has been provided stating that "i have atleast 50% in aggregate and i am a final year student and t will b completing my graduation bfore july 2010".will that suffice? I hope its not going to be a problem:confused:. And m pretty sure that i am going to b grilled on this during my PI so wat u guys think, how hard its going to be to explain it to them convincingly?

what kinda gd topics would be thr?? business related/ political or we can expect anything nd everythng?? am from biology & bioinformatics background so can you please guide me what kinda questions i can expect in the interview?? 😲 😲

rohit32407...this wud b my first PI :shock:...a little nervous ...nd yes m gonna eat up tht ET every morning nw as my breakfast

gd topics are random... but since ur interview is on the 2nd last day u'll get an idea of wht the topics r... no list will be provided... i think only icfai does that...

as far as pi is concerned, try n get in the frame of mind... get sum1 in ur frnd circle or family to conduct a mock pi for u... alternatively u can also get some help frm time/ims/cl... u know ppl like tht... cos they'll help u work on ur problem areas.... though i personally don't believe in tht... cos i think tht most trainers for that sort of thing end up preping ppl for the answers tht they think would be most suitable n not wht the candidate is all about... if used as a guidance tool its ok, but not if u rely overly on tht sort of thing...

as it is, bimtech interviews r generally easy, no stress... its important to be cool n paint an accurate picture of who u r... the interview panel looks to see that u r going to be an asset to the college... this is cos 2 yrs later the college has 2 confident tht u'll be able to sell urself to the companies... n if u do that successfully, the college gets more assets like u... the brand value goes up... which means that the college can charge more fee n offer better jobs, rope in better companies, pull in better students...

sorry if tht seemed a bit twisted... cos thts hw the education business in the private sector works... n i ws just tryin 2 explain it tht way...

bottom-line... in the interview u have to market urself in such a way tht the panel thinks tht after the course u'll be marketable to the companies... 😉
gd topics are random... but since ur interview is on the 2nd last day u'll get an idea of wht the topics r... no list will be provided... i think only icfai does that...

as far as pi is concerned, try n get in the frame of mind... get sum1 in ur frnd circle or family to conduct a mock pi for u... alternatively u can also get some help frm time/ims/cl... u know ppl like tht... cos they'll help u work on ur problem areas.... though i personally don't believe in tht... cos i think tht most trainers for that sort of thing end up preping ppl for the answers tht they think would be most suitable n not wht the candidate is all about... if used as a guidance tool its ok, but not if u rely overly on tht sort of thing...

as it is, bimtech interviews r generally easy, no stress... its important to be cool n paint an accurate picture of who u r... the interview panel looks to see that u r going to be an asset to the college... this is cos 2 yrs later the college has 2 confident tht u'll be able to sell urself to the companies... n if u do that successfully, the college gets more assets like u... the brand value goes up... which means that the college can charge more fee n offer better jobs, rope in better companies, pull in better students...

sorry if tht seemed a bit twisted... cos thts hw the education business in the private sector works... n i ws just tryin 2 explain it tht way...

bottom-line... in the interview u have to market urself in such a way tht the panel thinks tht after the course u'll be marketable to the companies... ;)

shanks i have edited my last post and asked one more question can u plz answer that query...if nething else is required do tell me as its an university matter nd will take a little time to get it done(if its possible to get done).
rohit32407 Says
there is one question that is killing me...i had backlogs in my 2nd nd 4th semester as i was working part time to support myself financially (apparently my parents cut me off financially since i opted out of my medical studies). cudnt attend my college but smehw managed to clear all my semesters despite of being given 0 in internal evaluation. Smehw i manged to get 50 out of 70 in every subject in external evaluation in every semester (50% aggregate is the minimum criteria in our college to clear each nd every semester). Anyway i hve cleared those backlogs not sure if my marksheets will b provided by the time of my PI but a letter has been provided stating that "i have atleast 50% in aggregate and i am a final year student and t will b completing my graduation bfore july 2010".will that suffice? I hope its not going to be a problem:confused:. And m pretty sure that i am going to b grilled on this during my PI so wat u guys think, how hard its going to be to explain it to them convincingly?

first hats off to ur dedication... as far as the issue with backs is concerned, shouldn't be much of an issue... esp if u hav the letter... the documents r merely a formality... most interviewers don't even look at them, cos the info they need is already in the form... the key things here r documents/certificates supporting ur extra currics esp of they r national/international level... don't worry about all that... cos selected students r given time till september to get all the docs in order... the dates r extended in special cases... so just prep for whatever calls u have, n stay cool... all the best
nitika123 Says
what kinda gd topics would be thr?? business related/ political or we can expect anything nd everythng?? am from biology & bioinformatics background so can you please guide me what kinda questions i can expect in the interview?? 😲 :O

its really hard to say what kind of questions individuals will be asked... as far as gd topics r concerned they could be business/political/social and even abstract... although we don't generally hav abstract topics but they can not be ruled out... thts y i said that its important to look into current affairs... cos that gives u insight into a very broad spectrum, n something like editorials give u opinions as well... there r data that u can use n data is very useful in gds esp when u r commenting on business/social topics

heyy...my form no 14323...Vignesh I M gotta call i checked it out on their website...anyways ATB to call getters..!! any1 in my batch

@shans2k

What is the procedure of gdpi? First Essay ,then GD and then PI?

hey guys wil u plz tel me where is list of gd/pi of bimtech is display....

Shinys Says
hey guys wil u plz tel me where is list of gd/pi of bimtech is display....

http://www.bimtech.ac.in/annoucement/File/BIMTECH%20ADMISSION%202010%20INTERVIEW%20CALLS.htm

can u plz elaborate on last yr gd topics?

hey thanx shaans2k.....i have 2 nt personally informed but my name was there..... wil u plz tel me is there anythin we have 2 bring on interview day???

Hey mandeep
These r few list of gd...
A few topics for GD

1. Sub - prime crisis n its after effects.
2. Economic Recession n how u thnk it can be corrected or wot caused it.
3. Sensex from 21206 in jan ' 08 to 7786 in end '08. (reasons, effects n remedies)
4. Mumbai Blasts n Terrorism in India (reasons, effects n remedies)
5. Satyam fiasco, its dealing with Maytas n fraud of Raju n PWC's involvement in the fraud.
6. Effect of media.
7. Personal life v/s Proffesional life.
8. BPO's n KPO's in India (effects, change in culture of India)

Last years' topics

- voters are the main reason for criminalisation of politics
- IS china a threat to india
- War in IRAQ
- IS MBA OVERRATED IN INDIA
- Decreasing the Defense expenditure and increasing the Social Expenditure is the need of the hour
- for globalization to succeed in india people must be able to see what isin it for them
- films r corrupting the youth of India
- education reforms shld change
- girls are better academicians
- global warming : the biggest threat..true or false
- FOR GLOBALISATION TO SUCCEED IN INDIA PEOPLE MUST SEE IN IT
- hard working or smart working
- Women can successfully manage both career and home
- Selling liquor in a Gandhian State
- Should we pend more on defence or development
- Valentines Day should be celebrated or not??
- education in india compare it with foreign countries
- TATA NANO :A boon or a Bane
- are marriges a social trap

Last years' write-up topics

- on smthing to do wid mowen participation in panchayat
- Impact of 15th august on indian youth
- One can make a diff
- Is china a growing threat to India?
- studies in india or abroad
- IMPACT of aug 15 on today's youth
- a Gandhian state selling liquor is an anamoly
- Education in India compared to foregn countires
- Tutions should be banned
- business and start-ups have better chance of professional growth
- What's the future of SMEs
- war in Iraq
- Every cloud has a shining Line
- will India be able to attain the GDP growth of 8-9%

i ve been shortlisted for bimtech interview .. i ve a tym of about 10 days to brush up for gd/pi seniors pls keep ur valuable suggestions n tips posting ...
is the serial in shortlisted candidate list according to cat percentile ??

hiiii frndz..cngrts to all call getters...mine is on 22nd..can anyone put light on the selection proccedure

Hey Every1..... Congrats to all d call gtrs... :cheerio:

My date of GD/PI is 22nd.... Just one query in my mind - I dont hv the application number slip with me (i guess its lost) , but I know my form number.... Is that ok or do I need form no. slip as well???

hey i think form no is sufficent..even i dont hav application slip

Hi guys,
i got 79 %ile in cat with
84-qa
73-di
53-va
and my acads are
10th-67
12th-81
grad(bcom.)-62
hi can anyone reply me as to why i didn't get the call at this score