[2010-12]Queries for SIMSR aka K.J. Somaiya

Hello Aspirants, This is the thread started to answer all your queries about SIMSR aka K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research for the 2010-2012 batch admissions. Me and other SIMSR students will help you on this threa…

Hello Aspirants,

This is the thread started to answer all your queries about SIMSR aka K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research for the 2010-2012 batch admissions.

Me and other SIMSR students will help you on this thread here.

Some old threads which might help you are:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/lifesimsr-25034281
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-11queries-for-simsr-kj-somaiya-25034902
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-11-kj-somaiya-pgdm-results-out-25039198
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-11-simsr-kj-somaiya-call-getters-profile-and-gd-pi-discussions-25037606
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-2011-simsr-kj-somaiya-gd-pi-experiences-25038112

The institute's official website is : Welcome to SIMSR

The unofficial (student maintained) website is: SIMSR - K J Somaiya Institute of Management

All other info can be handled by answering queries now.. so get started :)

Mani Pradhan
PGDM Marketing (2008-2010)

Some more info:

The number of seats are as follows:

Thru CAT:

PGDM: 120
PGDM International Business: 60
These are the autonomous AICTE approved courses

Thru MHCET:

MMS: 120 (50% seats reserved for Gujrati quota)
This is the Mumbai University course

CAT cutoff for PGDM was 93.11 last year. PGDM IB had slighty lower cutoff.
All the queries related to MMS and MHCET was answered here: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/k-j-somaiya-simsr-queries-for-admission-through-cet-2009-2011-batch-25036722

Hi,
Wat were the CAT based sectional cut-offs last year...Also cud u explain abt the GD/PI process....
of the total no of 120 seats, wat % is for finance/marketing specialization...

Hi,
Wat were the CAT based sectional cut-offs last year...Also cud u explain abt the GD/PI process....
of the total no of 120 seats, wat % is for finance/marketing specialization...

There were no sectional cutoffs.

GDPI process included:
1. Essay writing
2. Psychometric test
3. GD (case based)
4. PI

Out of the 120 seats, one can choose any specialization in 2nd year. Hence there is no fixed number of seats alloted to specializations

Thanks for opening this thread..

I have some queries

1. How is the PGDM(finance) at this school ? Industry interface and the placements for Finance ?

2 . Percentage of freshers in the 2011 batch ?

3 . Percentiles at which the simsr call is convertible . I mean whats the average CAT percentile in the batch ?

4 . How were the placements this year(average compensation and profiles)? Some info about the BFSI companies or Banks which came on campus would be great .

Thanks

I have some queries

1. How is the PGDM(finance) at this school ? Industry interface and the placements for Finance ?

2 . Percentage of freshers in the 2011 batch ?

3 . Percentiles at which the simsr call is convertible . I mean whats the average CAT percentile in the batch ?

4 . How were the placements this year(average compensation and profiles)? Some info about the BFSI companies or Banks which came on campus would be great .

Thanks

SIMSR being a top institute has equally great course structure and faculty for all specializations. U never have to worry abt any particular specialization.

52 out of 120 in my batch have opted for finance.

Finance placements got a beating due to the recession last year. yet we saw companies like Deutsche bank, Darashaw, Citi group, CARE, Eclerx, ICICI, some PSU banks like SBI and BoB in the campus.

There were nearly 30% absolute freshers in my batch (08-10). Things wud be same in the junior batch as well.

CAT cut off was 91%ile for my batch and 93.11%ile for my junior batch. No sectionals.
People with 99.xx and 93.11 all convert the calls. No specific average score is applicable.

Abt placements last year.. I think the average was around 5.5 to 6 mark (a drastic drop as everywhere)
I have already mentioned the banks and other finance companies. Profiles are candidate specific. Many profiles are revealed after the students join so we cant keep a track. All u need to know is that Somaiya brand name is very reputed in the industry and so are the students from this college. 😃

Hi,

Can you tell m what is usually the last date of submitting application to SIMSR.Will the applications be open after CAT results or not

Hi Puys,
I am planning to give Feb MAT for which the score will be converted into MHCET score.What is the minimum percentile to get a call from SIMSR???Also i am an OMS candidate.

Hi,

Can you tell m what is usually the last date of submitting application to SIMSR.Will the applications be open after CAT results or not

Hmm.. Usually the forms are available even after CAT exams are over.
At times they are still open for application after the CAT results.

Its however safer to apply after CAT.. based on ur score or percentile projection or ur faith in urself 😃
Hi Puys,
I am planning to give Feb MAT for which the score will be converted into MHCET score.What is the minimum percentile to get a call from SIMSR???Also i am an OMS candidate.

Sadly I dont have much idea abt how the state level exams are held here. We had a different thread to answer those questions:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/k-j-somaiya-simsr-queries-for-admission-through-cet-2009-2011-batch-25036722

Try to PM Jinesh Vasa (he started this thread)

Hey I have applied for KJ somaiya. Will the offer letter alone will do? Is it compulsory to post the experience certificate too?

tejashreedb Says
Hey I have applied for KJ somaiya. Will the offer letter alone will do? Is it compulsory to post the experience certificate too?

If u dont have exp certificate.. send the offer letter with latest payslip
mani pradhan Says
If u dont have exp certificate.. send the offer letter with latest payslip

do we have to get it self attested or from gazzeted officer ???
arianatul Says
do we have to get it self attested or from gazzeted officer ???

Yes, Pls do that..

When is the last date for applying to SIMSR? I coudnt find it on their website.

atreyac Says
When is the last date for applying to SIMSR? I coudnt find it on their website.

Form is usually available till post CAT period.. Sometimes they allow applications after the results as well..

I'm having problems with their online application process, they asked to register an account using a username, password and CAT registration number, but when I log in, only PGDM(IB) is available in the course options, I want to apply for PGDM, but not PGDM(IB) as both the forms have to be filled seperately...but I couldn't find an option to apply for PGDM...please help....

wow, i like this

seashock Says
I'm having problems with their online application process, they asked to register an account using a username, password and CAT registration number, but when I log in, only PGDM(IB) is available in the course options, I want to apply for PGDM, but not PGDM(IB) as both the forms have to be filled seperately...but I couldn't find an option to apply for PGDM...please help....

Call the office and tell you have admission form problems.. take the phone number from the website..
They shud connect u to the data center and a guy named subhash might help u..