2010-12 IMI GDPI Experiences

Hello Prospective Juniors, As from today , GDPI for the IMI are starting. Please post your GD/PI experiences here. Do follow the below format. *CAT %le (OA, QA, DI, VA): Work-Ex: Graduation Score & Stream: XII score: X sco…

Hello Prospective Juniors,
As from today , GDPI for the IMI are starting.
Please post your GD/PI experiences here.

Do follow the below format.

CAT %le (OA, QA, DI, VA):
Work-Ex:

Graduation Score & Stream:
XII score:
X score:

Any other Achievements:
GD/PI center:
GD/PI (date & time):
GD/PI experience:
Any Suggestions:

I hope through this thread it will help other aspirants to get to know wats in store for them. Also we will b there to help u in any queries related to ur GDPI

Looking forward to read to some exciting experiences
All the Best !!!

ok...here i go

CAT %le (OA, QA, DI, VA): 98.14 96.95 87.xx 97.xx
Work-Ex: 24 mths

Graduation Score & Stream: 75 B. Tech CSE
XII score:81.6
X score:79.2

Any other Achievements:4 papers in int'l conferences etc...
GD/PI center:IMI Delhi
GD/PI (date & time):29 Mar 2 PM
GD/PI experience:Very good
Any Suggestions:

Panel No. 4: Same for both GD n PI...2 faculty..1 lady outsider

1st essay was there...topic was 'Education needs to be reformed...suggestions and priorities'..
wrote smthng on it..no word limit..15 mins time...

2nd GD..Topic 'SC ruling on live in couples...is it against indian culture and values etc.'
Batch size 7 ..3 ppl were mising
Pitched in 3-4 times with relevant points..no fish market..every1 gt time to speak..
do follow wateva the panel says..they clearly mentioned parameters they wanted to judge upon..so better adhere to it...

then PI...
P1: Prof1
P2: Prof2
L1: Lady
M: Me

P1: Tell us smthng bout urself...(rephrased tha..but tha yehi)
M: BLah BLah Blah...till college
P2: ur college is among 44 universities..dercognised by govt...hw will it effect u..:shock:
M: already passed with degree..so nthng really...
thn they discussed smthng among themselves about the colg etc....
P1: askd bout work..application in scenarios etc
M: sab bata diya...they seemed satisfied...
P2: if u r doin so well..y mba..
M: prepared answer ..tried to justify move to business role from technical etc....
P2: wat if u go back to TCS...will doin mba be justified..u cn do d same in TCS..
M: it will take 7 8 years to get to that level if i continue in this profile...even if i go to tcs after 2 yrs..my role there will be vastly different
P1: 17 out of 25 top CEOs are nt mbas....y u wanna do it
M: formal education..they had gud entreprenuer skills..for me formal education is v imp..
P1: u were in which location?
M: tcs gurgaon..
P1: so must have joined sec 14 coaching center...
M: No caoching..only test series...at Preet vihar..closer to home..
P1: wat were ur scores...(pata nahi kyu poocha)
M: 92..98...99 once
P1: wat do u know bout recent economic events..
M: Bharti zain
P1: name of company which it failed to acquire earlier
m: MTN
P2: y it cud nt acquire it?..exact reason..
M: dunno..said smthng bt dat was incorrect...
P1: who is d subbarao...
M: RBI governor
P1: doesnt RBI have a chairman...(tried to confuse)
M: dunno..maybe..bt hes d governor
P1 P2 started smiling...
OK..u cn go!!!!

whew!!

All in all ..very well managed process...was done in 2:30 hrs...panel was extremely pleasant...
work ex ppl..be aware of ur current roles and work...freshers focus on acads...rest is cool..

ATB to all

Only one person on pg out of I think 100 odd people who gave GD/PI today??? Come on guys..keep posting your expweiences

Name : Arjun K Bhagat
CAT %le (OA, QA, DI, VA): 96, 92, 90, 94
Work-Ex: 2.5 yr in IT MNC

Graduation Score & Stream: 8.64 , MNNIT Allahabad (Mech Engg))
XII score: 84.44 (MP Board)
X score: 89.20 (MP Board)

GD/PI center: IMI, New Delhi
GD/PI (date & time): March 30, 2010 & 9:00 AM

When my bitter sound alarm rang in the morning, I hardly had completed 4 hours sleep. Was unable to open my eyes to switch off the alarm. Tried to wrap up the morning rituals asap, but you never have control on those things. Anyway, time in the clock was showing 8 when i started moving towards my destination. Thanks to the instructions provided by google map, I reached the campus sharp at 9 AM. A lecture delivered by Director sahab.

I was in panel IV, total 8 people in the panel, a guy was absent from our group. 3 senior girls and a guy were there to help us.

Essay: There were 2 topics out of which we were supposed to choose one. But the rules of the games were not so straight. The first choice would be announced and if majority says to change the topic then other topic would be the final one. No reverse gear! The first topic given was 'China without Google'. Majority of the candidate doesnot want this topic, so change in topic was requested. The second topic was 'How should home ministry handle naxal issues'.

Thr will be only 15 min allocated to essay writing, so try to start writing within 2 min, else you might miss conclusion of the essay. Space was enough to write for half an hour.

GD: 'Education, Health and Essential Services should be state regulated to avoid exploitation and Commercialization'
The topic was somewhat generic and panel allocated only 12 minutes to discuss the topic. This topic was not something on which people would have same opinion and to converge diverse thoughts of 8 people, 12 minutes were definitely not going to be enough especially when you have a lady in ur group who is arrogant (Sorry! its my personal opinion). As usual, there was hue and cry expected among the participants to participate to chip in their points.

Suggestion : Don't try to speak for more than 45 sec, Put ur point across smoothly and dont try to explain things in deep. 2 entries would be more than enough. Listen and respect other's thought diplomatically.

Interview : The panel comprises of 3 people..P1 was professor in finance (have heard abt him that he represented India in the copanhagen summit, pata nahi kitna sach aur kitna jhoot tha). He was constantly sending and receiving messages on mobile and his attention was moreover in mobile rather than interview process. May be he would be getting messages for next climate change summit 😉 .P2 was old professor who again was teaching finance and was patient enough to hear you. P3 was a lady, even the seniors there had seen her for the first time.

There was a unique thing in the panel members. whenever P1 was asking, P2 & P3 were not at all paying attention, even were not kind enough to have a look at ur face. Similar happened when P2 & P3 came up with their questions.

P1 : U working in IBM. Tell me about ur work.
Me : Blah blah blah.

P1 : So wht is this application (CRM)?
Me : Blah blah blah..Further told that Oracle holds the license of the application and IBM implements the solution by configuring it on DB2.

P1 : Hey hold on! You told that Oracle give license of the application, DB2 is IBM's product and oracle has its own database, so why they will have DB2 as the database.
Me : Justified myself...

P1 : So DB2 can run on IBM's system (AIX) or on any system?
Me : I was not sure, but given a confident answer that it can be deployed on other systems as well. (I think I played a bluff here :P)

P1 : Which is better Oracle or DB2?
Me : I havent worked on oracle database but have heard that its preferrable as compared to DB2

P1 : U scribbled the form..looks like u were in hurry.
Me : Blah Blah Blah..justified.

P1 : Asked if the Oracle - Sun system merger completed in India?
Me : Sir, the deal was struck last year. I m not sure if its implemented functionally.

P1 : How serious is IBM about Indian market?
Me : Talked abt the $ 6 billion investment committed by Sam in 2006. Further the strategy to diversify to 20 other growth markets.

P1 : Who is leading IBM in india?
Me : told

P1 : and worldwide?
Me : Told

P1 : why MBA?
Me : Blah blah blah..

P2 : Do u know about patents in software?
Me : Just like Microsoft donot share its code,it used to make it only its right on its product

P2 : patents in software?
Me : I m not aware of it.

P2 : Ok! Can any firm earns revenue from patents?
Me : I talked abt pharmaceuticals companies who used to have their patents in place for new medicine and they earn revenue by sharing the information on how to make the medicine.

P2 : Ok! U talking abt the royalties. How much revenue does IBM generate by patents?
Me : I m not aware of it..But IBM spends $ 6 billion on research & Development each year.

P2 : Achcha tell me. We have 2 aircraft supplier- Airbus & Boeing. Why would a company want to purchase aircraft from both the companies?
Me :
In order to reduce its dependencies on only one supplier. Also for different routes, the company might need different aircrafts..

P2 : But both Airbus, Boeing have all range of products?
Me : Sir! Operational maintenance will also be a factor then.

P2 : But these companies never have any role to play in operational maintenance?
Me : Sir, Boeing set up a MRO plant last year in Pune/Bangalore with an investment of $100 million. It will be used as operational maintenance.

P2 : But that would be for major overhaul ... U might have heard abt the RBI raising 25 basis points on interest rate..Will u justify it?
Me : inflation and growth wale funde.

P2 : Bought my point and directed me to P3.
P3 : Tell me a situation where u play a key role while on job?

P3 : Tell me a situation when u hv conflict with ur TL/PM?
Me Blah blah blah..

Thats it...!! U may go now..I thanked everyone and left the campus en route to my bed :-)

Verdict :: Converted

Name : Arjun K Bhagat
CAT %le (OA, QA, DI, VA): 96, 92, 90, 94
Work-Ex: 2.5 yr in IT MNC

Graduation Score & Stream: 8.64 , MNNIT Allahabad (Mech Engg))
XII score: 84.44 (MP Board)
X score: 89.20 (MP Board)

GD/PI center: IMI, New Delhi
GD/PI (date & time): March 30, 2010 & 9:00 AM

When my bitter sound alarm rang in the morning, I hardly had completed 4 hours sleep. Was unable to open my eyes to switch off the alarm. Tried to wrap up the morning rituals asap, but you never have control on those things. Anyway, time in the clock was showing 8 when i started moving towards my destination. Thanks to the instructions provided by google map, I reached the campus sharp at 9 AM. A lecture delivered by Director sahab.

I was in panel IV, total 8 people in the panel, a guy was absent from our group. 3 senior girls and a guy were there to help us.

Essay: There were 2 topics out of which we were supposed to choose one. But the rules of the games were not so straight. The first choice would be announced and if majority says to change the topic then other topic would be the final one. No reverse gear! The first topic given was 'China without Google'. Majority of the candidate doesnot want this topic, so change in topic was requested. The second topic was 'How should home ministry handle naxal issues'.

Thr will be only 15 min allocated to essay writing, so try to start writing within 2 min, else you might miss conclusion of the essay. Space was enough to write for half an hour.

GD: 'Education, Health and Essential Services should be state regulated to avoid exploitation and Commercialization'
The topic was somewhat generic and panel allocated only 12 minutes to discuss the topic. This topic was not something on which people would have same opinion and to converge diverse thoughts of 8 people, 12 minutes were definitely not going to be enough especially when you have a lady in ur group who is arrogant (Sorry! its my personal opinion). As usual, there was hue and cry expected among the participants to participate to chip in their points.

Suggestion : Don't try to speak for more than 45 sec, Put ur point across smoothly and dont try to explain things in deep. 2 entries would be more than enough. Listen and respect other's thought diplomatically.

Interview : The panel comprises of 3 people..P1 was professor in finance (have heard abt him that he represented India in the copanhagen summit, pata nahi kitna sach aur kitna jhoot tha). He was constantly sending and receiving messages on mobile and his attention was moreover in mobile rather than interview process. May be he would be getting messages for next climate change summit 😉 .P2 was old professor who again was teaching finance and was patient enough to hear you. P3 was a lady, even the seniors there had seen her for the first time.

There was a unique thing in the panel members. whenever P1 was asking, P2 & P3 were not at all paying attention, even were not kind enough to have a look at ur face. Similar happened when P2 & P3 came up with their questions.

P1 : U working in IBM. Tell me about ur work.

P1 : So wht is this application (CRM)?
Me : Blah blah blah..Further told that Oracle holds the license of the application and IBM implements the solution by configuring it on DB2.

P1 : Hey hold on! You told that Oracle give license of the application, DB2 is IBM's product and oracle has its own database, so why they will have DB2 as the database.
Me : Justified myself...

P1 : So DB2 can run on IBM's system (AIX) or on any system?
Me : I was not sure, but given a confident answer that it can be deployed on other systems as well. (I think I played a bluff here :P)

P1 : Which is better Oracle or DB2?
Me : I havent worked on oracle database but have heard that its preferrable as compared to DB2

P1 : U scribbled the form..looks like u were in hurry.
Me : Blah Blah Blah..justified.

P1 : Asked if the Oracle - Sun system merger completed in India?
Me : Sir, the deal was struck last year. I m not sure if its implemented functionally.

P1 : How serious is IBM about Indian market?
Me : Talked abt the $ 6 billion investment committed by Sam in 2006. Further the strategy to diversify to 20 other growth markets.

P1 : Who is leading IBM in india?
Me : told

P1 : and worldwide?
Me : Told

P1 : why MBA?
Me : Blah blah blah..

P2 : Do u know about patents in software?
Me : Just like Microsoft donot share its code,it used to make it only its right on its product

P2 : patents in software?
Me : I m not aware of it.

P2 : Ok! Can any firm earns revenue from patents?
Me : I talked abt pharmaceuticals companies who used to have their patents in place for new medicine and they earn revenue by sharing the information on how to make the medicine.

P2 : Ok! U talking abt the royalties. How much revenue does IBM generate by patents?
Me : I m not aware of it..But IBM spends $ 6 billion on research & Development each year.

P2 : Achcha tell me. We have 2 aircraft supplier- Airbus & Boeing. Why would a company want to purchase aircraft from both the companies?
Me :
In order to reduce its dependencies on only one supplier. Also for different routes, the company might need different aircrafts..

P2 : But both Airbus, Boeing have all range of products?
Me : Sir! Operational maintenance will also be a factor then.

P2 : But these companies never have any role to play in operational maintenance?
Me : Sir, Boeing set up a MRO plant last year in Pune/Bangalore with an investment of $100 million. It will be used as operational maintenance.

P2 : But that would be for major overhaul ... U might have heard abt the RBI raising 25 basis points on interest rate..Will u justify it?
Me : inflation and growth wale funde.

P2 : Bought my point and directed me to P3.
P3 : Tell me a situation where u play a key role while on job?

P3 : Tell me a situation when u hv conflict with ur TL/PM?
Me Blah blah blah..

Thats it...!! U may go now..I thanked everyone and left the campus en route to my bed :-)

i think u nailed it...
i m just havin nerves becoz m a fresher....
Anyways fighting is the name of the game,,,,

cheerrrsss to you...!!!!

Just try to have a good conversation with the panel...I m sure you will have a good time in the interview. Essays- 15 min would be too less to write, so practise couple of topics before hand. GD - Basic rules

i think u nailed it...
i m just havin nerves becoz m a fresher....
Anyways fighting is the name of the game,,,,

cheerrrsss to you...!!!!

Hey hii puys,,
sorry to be late...
CAT %ile= 94.89
Graduation- Bsc(comp sci) final year
XIIth- 70%
Xth- 75%

GD/PI Venue- IMI delhi
GD/PI Date- 29th march
GD/PI time- First slot 9 am

firstly we started with our essay writing for 15 mins topic was "Relevance of Gandhi in today's world...

then we were sent to our GD panels...mine was Vth...total student in the panel was 6 but 3 were absent so just 3 of us had a GD....

Topic was- Social Networking site-Boon or Bane
Had a healthy discussion for about 15 mins...

then came my PI....
There were three panelist...
P1,P2 and P3
entered the room and greeted them...
P1 started...
P1:Have you ever been to delhi?
ME:told
P1:From where u got to know about IMI?
P1:so ur dad is a businessman...what is his business?
ME:Iron n steel
P1:from which city of bihar we can get iron ore?
P1:Population of India?
P2:CM of bihar?
Me:told?
P2:Jumped into acads...tell me an area from where i can ask u ques?
Me:Computers
P2:Why motherboard is called motherboard?
Me:told....
P2:What is diff btw potato chips and computer chips?
ME:told them abt computer chips only....
P1:Why do u want to do MBA?
ME:First prepared ques....Blah blah blah.....

P3 was silent in whole PI...Overall a gud GD/PI....Dont know abt the result....Just hope for the best

All d best to all other fellows....and simply be calm and relaxed....

Hello all,
I know there aren't many posts on the GD IP, so here is my experience. Hope it helps you all.
I am just coming from it.
you know most of the details like time and all, so not gonna write it here. (In a hurry).
sorry to be late...
CAT %ile= 96.54
Grad- BE(comp sci)
XIIth- 85
Xth- 85

GD/PI Venue- IMI delhi
GD/PI Date- 31st march
GD/PI time- 2 pm

Essay topic: Paperless Office- Myth or reality.

GD(for 12 mins): Why should a business be socially responisble.

Then it was PI. I was the first one. The panel had three people. They took charge one by one. I don't remember all questions. They may be a bit random.
One Marketing prof(MP) (Did the most talking)
One Operations prof(OP)
One I don't remember(DRP)

I said Good morning, when it was afternoon! I don't know why?? But i hope none of them listened to it.

DRP: Tell about yourself, everything, and What makes you come to IMI?
Answered.
MP: Why MBA?
Prepare this question well as there are not gonna take coaching institute crap, that i was focussed in one field and need broader vision and all. I said the same and MP cut me short to tell the most honest answer right from my heart :). I think i screwed a bit here. They grilled me on this for about 7 minutes.

MP: what do you think about India's economic model? Do you feel like doing some changes?
Answered. that it should be more independent of western countries. Gave eg of Nuke bill. and all gyan.

MP: Why was India not so much affected by recession?(this came after a question to which i had replied that India was not affected much by recession like western countries)

MP: Which specialization would you take when in IMI?
Me: Finance.

MP: Why?
Me: Told some knowledge i had of finance and why as a field it interests me. That it would be good to analyze things as i am from a technical background(software developer).

MP: What do you mean? People from marketing don't analyze things? (smiles)
Me: Defended myself.

OP: Since you are from Computers science background, then tell why is Java preferred over others?
Me: Answered

OP: What is open source?
Me: Answered.

MP: Do you want to ask something?
Me: No

MP: No questions at all?
Me: No sir.

MP: So you read everything on the website? what all you saw there?
Me: yes sir, most of the info was on website and browsed through, history of IMI, the Alumni and all.

MP: You didn't read about the faculty? and the placements and the companies that visit? I am just kidding.
Me: No sir, I did. Just forgot to mention. They are one of the best in all B-Schools. Regarding placements, I did not see that page. and regarding companies visiting, i said i know.

Then it was over.

Few more questions but i don't remember, but overall a good experience. Nice professors, make you smile all the time.

My GD/PI @ IMI

DATE: 1ST APRIL
VENUE :IMI
CAT: 99.XX
PANEL :3
TIME:9.00 AM

It started at 9:10 first ppt about IMI kolkata.......then abt IMI Delhi.....

Process:
1.Essay writing:
Ist Topic :MBA should cater to the needs of Industry(only 10 ppl agreed including me so it was rejected)
IInd Topic :Effect of Recession on Indian Economy

2.GD
Topic :Free mobility of labor in globalized world can help eradicate poverty and unemployment from India.
3-4 min to think and 10 min to discuss(Only 6 ppl were there)

For first 5 sec no one spoke then a guy started...it was ok-ok discussion not very healthy one ....every one spoke(2-3 entries)...(The guy who started was the best)....I was jst abt to make another point..they stopped in 8-9 min.......they were not listening to our content...so guys u jst have to speak there.....no matter wat happens...

3.PI (my no was 3rd in the list)
Two profressors P1,P2

Some of the questions I remember.....(Not writing my ans)

1.Tell me sth about urself?
2.Why MBA first and not JOB?
3.What is CSR?
4.Problems Indian Economy is facing?
5.Reasons of Inflation?
6.One question On M&A;?
7.WPI and CPI?
8. What is Index no?(Statistics professor P1)
9.Any business magazine u read or newspaper?
10.Whistle Blower?
11.Why HR?
12.Diff b/w HRD and HRM?
13.Have u heard about corporate governance?
14.What other calls?(Cat pc etc)
15.What is Recession and its reason and effects?
16.What is business cycle?

They asked questions like if I am an (industry person) doing JOB or Student of PGDM?
Most were only business,economics related (defn only) or Organisations related....
No Acads........(Aaj to April FOOL Bnaya ka )

I tried my Best......ans 70-80% of the questions but gave some wrong ans for 1-2 sitters(which i cudnt recollect right :banghead: The only thing pinching me:-()......

I knw I cud have done much better in both GD and PI....but "The only honest measure of ur success is what u r doing compared to ur true potential......."

Still It was OA good exp for me.....Hoping for the Best.....
My rating 7/10(GD/PI)

Results: May 15
Best Of Luck puys..... Go 4 The Kill.........:cheers:

My GD/PI @ IMI

Results: May 15
Best Of Luck puys..... Go 4 The Kill.........:cheers:

aint the results supposed to come on 25 april ( sum senior told this to us ) ???

results i guess on 25th april....Had read in the director interview....Seniors pls confirm

My GD/PI @ IMI

DATE: 1ST APRIL
VENUE :IMI
CAT: 99.XX
PANEL :3
TIME:9.00 AM

It started at 9:10 first ppt about IMI kolkata.......then abt IMI Delhi.....

:

IMI kolkata opening this year??
sorry if i misunderstood something here

Not IMI kolkata....There is some B school Called TIBS opening in Kolkata.Its resource partner in IMI.So they are calling it TIBS-IMI.

nimeshgupta2000 Says
results i guess on 25th april....Had read in the director interview....Seniors pls confirm

As per the Director's interview, the date is 25th April. You guys will have to wait to see, we can't confirm anything.
nimeshgupta2000 Says
Not IMI kolkata....There is some B school Called TIBS opening in Kolkata.Its resource partner in IMI.So they are calling it TIBS-IMI.

Its TIBS i.e. Trinity-IMI International Business School. Which is fully funded by RPG group and its not a branch of IMI. IMI will only be a resource partner by providing faculty , course curriculum to them.
Whereas IMI-bhubaneswar will be another branch of IMI -Delhi and will be well integrated with IMI(It is likely to start operational from this year, but rite now there is not much clarity abt it)

btw im getting to see very few experiences over here. Doesnt look encouraging to me. Common guyz post ur experience over here

CAT %ile
OA 98.82
Quant 98.83
DI 91.85
VA 96.01
Grad- BE(Biotech)
XIIth- 74.2
Xth- 82.7

GD/PI Venue- IMI delhi
GD/PI Date- 1st april
GD/PI time- 9 am

Essay topic: Effect of recession on the Indian Economy

GD(for 12 mins): Right to Education: Dream or Reality?

The GD was nice 6 people were present out of 8 in my panel.
No fish market everyone pitched in atleast 3-4 times.

Was second to be interviewed.

The best PI I've had till date. There were 3 panelists only 2 were asking questions the 3rd panelist(a lady) was observing..

The panelists were great very soft spoken and willing to listen. They were interested in my work experience and my take on things..

Q. Please tell us your background?
Ans. told them my qualification and then brought in my work ex.

Q. Asked me why from engg to education industry
Answered them..

Q. Asked about the main theme of "3 idiots"
told them also brought in my dislike for Aamir Khan's character..

Various other questions related to my maiden business venture..

lessons learnt from it..

opinions on education and coaching institutes..

Don't remember much of what they asked but the interview went smooth, no stress..

Can any one please tell how long the entire process takes? my reporting is at 9 am in morning.

aspirant_delhi Says
Can any one please tell how long the entire process takes? my reporting is at 9 am in morning.

The process should take around 3-4 hrs at maximum.
ok...here i go

CAT %le (OA, QA, DI, VA): 98.14 96.95 87.xx 97.xx
Work-Ex: 24 mths

Graduation Score & Stream: 75 B. Tech CSE
XII score:81.6
X score:79.2

Any other Achievements:4 papers in int'l conferences etc...
GD/PI center:IMI Delhi
GD/PI (date & time):29 Mar 2 PM
GD/PI experience:Very good
Any Suggestions:

Panel No. 4: Same for both GD n PI...2 faculty..1 lady outsider

1st essay was there...topic was 'Education needs to be reformed...suggestions and priorities'..
wrote smthng on it..no word limit..15 mins time...

2nd GD..Topic 'SC ruling on live in couples...is it against indian culture and values etc.'
Batch size 7 ..3 ppl were mising
Pitched in 3-4 times with relevant points..no fish market..every1 gt time to speak..
do follow wateva the panel says..they clearly mentioned parameters they wanted to judge upon..so better adhere to it...

then PI...
P1: Prof1
P2: Prof2
L1: Lady
M: Me

P1: Tell us smthng bout urself...(rephrased tha..but tha yehi)
M: BLah BLah Blah...till college
P2: ur college is among 44 universities..dercognised by govt...hw will it effect u..:shock:
M: already passed with degree..so nthng really...
thn they discussed smthng among themselves about the colg etc....
P1: askd bout work..application in scenarios etc
M: sab bata diya...they seemed satisfied...
P2: if u r doin so well..y mba..
M: prepared answer ..tried to justify move to business role from technical etc....
P2: wat if u go back to TCS...will doin mba be justified..u cn do d same in TCS..
M: it will take 7 8 years to get to that level if i continue in this profile...even if i go to tcs after 2 yrs..my role there will be vastly different
P1: 17 out of 25 top CEOs are nt mbas....y u wanna do it
M: formal education..they had gud entreprenuer skills..for me formal education is v imp..
P1: u were in which location?
M: tcs gurgaon..
P1: so must have joined sec 14 coaching center...
M: No caoching..only test series...at Preet vihar..closer to home..
P1: wat were ur scores...(pata nahi kyu poocha)
M: 92..98...99 once
P1: wat do u know bout recent economic events..
M: Bharti zain
P1: name of company which it failed to acquire earlier
m: MTN
P2: y it cud nt acquire it?..exact reason..
M: dunno..said smthng bt dat was incorrect...
P1: who is d subbarao...
M: RBI governor
P1: doesnt RBI have a chairman...(tried to confuse)
M: dunno..maybe..bt hes d governor
P1 P2 started smiling...
OK..u cn go!!!!

whew!!

All in all ..very well managed process...was done in 2:30 hrs...panel was extremely pleasant...
work ex ppl..be aware of ur current roles and work...freshers focus on acads...rest is cool..

ATB to all

hey, could you please tell me how you filled the graduation marks in the form?! thanks!