[2010-12] IFMR GD/PI List Out.. Next Round Queries..

The List of GD PI is finally out after a long wait… Here’s the Link : http://www.ifmr.ac.in/pdfs/IFMR_PGDM_Batch2010_GD-PI_List.pdf Please go forward with your queries… whatsoever… regarding future course of action and GD PI process…

The List of GD PI is finally out after a long wait..
Here's the Link :
http://www.ifmr.ac.in/pdfs/IFMR_PGDM_Batch2010_GD-PI_List.pdf

Please go forward with your queries.. whatsoever.. regarding future course of action and GD PI process..

Whoever has got the call or did not can please reply here in the following format :
Full Name :
Place :
Called or not :
CAT & XAT percentile :
Course selected for :
Work-ex(Duration) or fresher :
Intend to attend the GD? :
Other calls (optional) :
Aything extra :

I am in..

abhishek_passi Says
I am in..

Congrats.. and if possible then please reply in the above given format..
shivshekhar Says
Congrats.. and if possible then please reply in the above given format..

Name : KINGSLY DURAI K
Place : COIMBATORE
CAT & XAT percentile : 90.15 and 88.6
Course selected for : PGDM, FE
Work-ex(Duration) or fresher : 16 Months I.T
Intend to attend the GD? : Yes
Other calls (optional) : GIM,SIBM-B, IMI(HR)
Aything extra :

Have added a poll.. You all can vote in that to have an idea of competition you will be facing next..

Reposting last year's threads

FOR YOUR REFERENCE :
Previous year's queries thread :
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...n-related.html (: IFMR Admission related Queries and Discussions)

Previous year's GD/PI thread :
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...fmr-gd-pi.html (2009-11 IFMR Gd/Pi Calls out... Profile and related discussions)

Previous year's Results thread :
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...onversion.html (ifmr 2009 - 2011 final conversion calls out)

yes even im thru...

name: dhruv
cat : 92.4
xat: 86.54
work ex: none
date: 3rd april, 2pm
will be attending
other calls: gim, kjsomaiya

cheers

Name : RITESH
Place : DALTONGANJ(JHARKHAND)
Called or not : PGDM(TILL DATE)
CAT & XAT percentile : CENSORED & 91.61
Course selected for : PGDM,PGDM FE,PGDM DSF
Work-ex(Duration) or fresher : FRESHER
Intend to attend the GD? : YES
Other calls (optional) : GIM,LIBA,XIME
Aything extra : IT WILL BE THE END OF THE ROAD FOR ME,IF I COULD NOT CONVERT THE CALLS IN HAND..

@shivshekar..... Dude how does IFMR justify a fee of 5Lpa man....

aakanksha chabba
chandigarh
yes
pgdm and dsf
fresher
yes i will attend gd pi
xime and sitm
xat score:94.88

hey where can I find out whether I am selected or not???

hey wat kinda questions are asked in pi i mean are questions related to finance asked?????????? i am a science student i mean bsc will that hamper my chances??????????

c4kuLL Says
@shivshekar..... Dude how does IFMR justify a fee of 5Lpa man....

That is not something I need to explain my friend.. that might be explained by the college (which I doubt).
I am as baffled as you are on the fee hike but then if you put it into perspective then it is not completely out of the world.. there are many college which i won't name publicly are there who have been charging much higher than this from years but have cut-off of 10-20 percentile lower than IFMR's.
There are private colleges taking at 80 percentile or through personal entrances but don't even have decent placement records.. but they charge above 10 and 12L.

Finally to cut long into sort.. if the fee is not acceptable to someone then they always have the option of not even attending the GD PI:cheerio:
People will take admission here who think the college to be worth.. those who have better options will always go the best possible option..
At least IFMR announced the fee hike well in advance so that candidates may take a well informed decision.. Just think that what would have happend if you would have left all colleges to take admission here and then the fee hike would have been announced.... you would have been forced to take admission here or to drop one more precious year..

Take your own call.. go for your best available option.. good luck

Full Name : Robin Tyagi
Place : Hyderabad
Called or not : called
CAT & XAT percentile :90.5 (xat)
Course selected for : PGDM( din apply to others)
Work-ex(Duration) or fresher :Fresher
Intend to attend the GD? : definitely
Other calls (optional) : NMIMS

hey i hv very low percentile in quant!! applied to only PGDM!! got a call too! will it affect my conversion ?? i hv good percentile in QA in CAT but overall did nt suffice der!!!

also noticed der are 527 ppl for 120 seats- no body will specifiacally apply to fe or DSF!! and if sumone qualifies for FE or DSF call he qualifies for PGDM call too!! so tat means 527 ppl for 120 seats!! i.e 4.5 guys for 1 seat!! nt bad at all cosidering ppl going fr other colls and fee hike!!

Name : ANIL ANAND
Place : KOLLAM(KERALA)
Called or not : PGDM(TILL DATE)
CAT & XAT percentile : 89.34 & 85.28
Course selected for : PGDM
Work-ex(Duration) or fresher : FRESHER
Intend to attend the GD? : YES
Other calls (optional) : SDM IMD, TAPMI, IMT-N
Aything extra : THAT IS IT!!!

anvitsah Says
hey where can I find out whether I am selected or not???

Congrats Mr. Anvit Sah. you have been selected..

453 Mr. Anvit Sah 5970061 761836 April 5, 2010 2 PM

I have provided the results link in the first post
exuberant_gr8 Says
hey wat kinda questions are asked in pi i mean are questions related to finance asked?????????? i am a science student i mean bsc will that hamper my chances??????????

Being from Science background hardly makes a difference.. instead you may stand at advantage because the college looks to have diversity in batch and you may fit that slot..:cheerio:
good luck
robintyagi45 Says
hey i hv very low percentile in quant!! applied to only PGDM!! got a call too! will it affect my conversion ?? i hv good percentile in QA in CAT but overall did nt suffice der!!!

Now the most important thing is the impression you make during the interview..
score will count but how much... i cant say that..
prepare well for the GD and PI