[2009] SIIB GD/PI Experiences

Hi puys, The SIIB GD/PI process starts tommorow! So please use this thread for posting your SIIB round 2 (GD,PI,Group Task, Interviews) experiences. Please do not clutter the thread by posting generic queries. Use the following thread …

Hi puys,

The SIIB GD/PI process starts tommorow!
So please use this thread for posting your SIIB round 2 (GD,PI,Group Task, Interviews) experiences.

Please do not clutter the thread by posting generic queries. Use the following thread for the same:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/siib-admission-2009-11-helpdesk-25033231

All the Best to everyone 😃

all the best to everyone who have their gd/pi's scheduled today...
thanks nikhil for the thread 😃

all the best to everyone for their gd-pis
desperately waiting for some posts of gd-pi experiences

*Bump* No experiences even after the end of Day 1 .. Thats Surprising
Come on Puys.. Please post your experiences.. 😁

Well.. I am the first guy to post my experience...Surprised to c no1 has posted their exp...

The process was super cool ...each and every stage was held perfectly on time and was very smooth..It was an excellent management by the seniors..hats off to them..

We had 4 stages

GD- case study on manager-superviser-employee relationship..for 15min
Group Testing - We were given three ropes and we were asked to tie knots without removing the hand form the rope and so on..for 10min
Essay writing - Success is a journey and not destination. 20 minutes
PI- 2 rounds..v.v.cool..both the rounds were one on one..the interviewer asked me some questions on white tiger,slumdog,recession ,mba..but i felt very comfortable
second round PI was a general HR interview based on the application which they give us to fill before GD. it is a simple 3 page application.

I am very much thankful to the seniors for their great help and guidance.

Well.. I am the first guy to post my experience...Surprised to c no1 has posted their exp...

The process was super cool ...each and every stage was held perfectly on time and was very smooth..It was an excellent management by the seniors..hats off to them..

We had 4 stages

Group Testing - We were given three ropes and we were asked to tie knots without removing the hand form the rope and so on..for 10min
PI- 2 rounds..v.v.cool..both the rounds were one on one..the interviewer asked me some questions on white tiger,slumdog,recession ,mba..but i felt very comfortable
second round PI was a general HR interview based on the application which they give us to fill before GD. it is a simple 3 page application.

hey bro please elaborate a little on the case study and please tell me if there was a technical interview as well because I have been working only on databases for past 18 months and have forgotten the abc of rest all subjects

@charan999
the tie knot thing seems interesting
hope you get through
all the best

We had 4 stages

it would be helpful for other puys if you elaborate on the things...

hello everyone,
sorry for the late reply...
well, had my gd/pi of my one and only call of this season. First things first the process was superbly managed with everything on schedule. Special thanks to seniors who were there to calm our nerves out there and share their experiences with us....

about the process..
after the brief presentation and question hour and assigning a senior as a mentor to each group we were first of all taken for the gd. in my group all were boys..
case study given was about the times of india leadership summit. it went like, there were 34k applicants after which 64 people got the chance. winners were given 5 mllion Rs. to implement their idea or to study in Harvard about leadership course also they were given a chance to contest on lok sabha seat or to study in Harvard institute about leadership course, there were 2 moderators. Though we were not given any specific instructions our mentor had suggested us to avoid fish market situation. One of the moderators interrupted twice to bring us back on track. at the end we decided that maybe this was not the best method to make leaders but one which gave platform to prospective leaders.
then the essay the topic was something like "the recent mumbai attacks broadcast by media was used just to boost their viewership."
after this we had a group task of four members each. my group was asked to make a egyptian mummy using the tissue paper rolls provided. one of the seniors was present on whom tissues had to be rolled. we were able to cover around 90 percent of his body. a word of advice: put the fan off during this task and dont divide the tissue roll among urself, rather roll the tissue spirally on the body. during the group task we were allowed to talk softly.
then we had the shocker of two interviews .my first one went quite well. the interview was one on one and the guy was supercool. as i am a fresher he asked me why do I want to do mba now. then he asked my views on recent attack on women at the pub which happened in bangalore. who is my idol from the history and why.
in the second interview was asked firstly the field i would like to specialize in. after that the guy asked me to say anything on indian economy(this part i couldn't capitalize on.)
all in all it went well. but i made some mistakes during gd and interviews(groped for words at some critical moments) also being a fresher and having not a good snap score not too sure of my chances, but yeah a good experience for future.
weightages are same like last year with each interview carrying 12.5%.

Hi guys,
I had my gd/pi today so posting my experiance.
First of all each group will be assigned a mentor and for my team luckily it was none other than Rekha. She was helpful throughout the day. Then a resume format will be given. You have to fill your details . then there was a presentation... they took questions from audience in d end.
The rounds were:
1. Case study based gd.. it was about times of india lead india
campaign... do leaders are made this way..
it was a healthy discussion ... all got chance to speak..
2. Essay... topic ....> in recent terror attacks in mumbai media's role helped terrorist's... comment on this... time given was 20 min... but space was as less as XAT essay.
3. Group Task... the funniest part... it was cool... we were asked to make a Mummy model... plz coperate with your team members .. else all may get cipher in this round..
4.. Pi-1 .. here questions ranges from why mba, why IB to wrtk exp related stuff... even question on graduation background... it was averaged around 10 mins..
5.PI-2... may be it was a stress interview... questions were same... but your confidence was checked again n again.. average time 20 min.
a funny question i remember ..
"Selfishness is a virtue".. comment on this statement..
------
then they verified the documents..
it was good experiance... but same was the case for others... so no one knows for sure whether he is in or not...
guys they served snacks also...
would like to thank Rekha and other seniors again... they were more than helpful. And you know ,for me the process was over by 12:45.. i reported at 8:45...

ALL THE BEST to other puys...
Amresh

hey guys sorry for da late post .....SIIB was a very enjoyable experience...had a gr88 time....Kudos to da seniors they really help u...

1st on ur call letter ur alloted to a group ...dis group has a mentor who is a senior from SIIB..he explains all the processes of da day n is wid ur group always..there r 10 pple in each group n everything is performed together by this group ...the different stages started at 9 and got over at 3 ...evrythings dot on time..at da entrance ur given a schedule of da day n then taken to da 5th floor

1) SIIB PRESENTATION
2)GD
3)ESSAY
4)GROUP TASK
5)PI 1
6)PI 2
7)VERIFICATION OF DOCS

lemme start wid each process in detail
1)SIIB PRESENTATION -basically same stuff as given in the brochure nuthin different...followed by a quest n ans session..which was an informal talk wid the siib seniors..presentation lasts for around 15 mins

2)GD - we were taken into a room wid ten chairs ...seated according to our numbers but 2 guys were absent in our group so we were eight pple...7 guys n 1 girl...2 guys on the panel..1 was chilled out n 1 was pretty seriouscase study- reema n vaibhavi r very gud friends..vaibhavi is proud of reema because she has given an exceptional presentation n da topic "FAIR SKIN IS NOT NEEDED FOR SUCCESS" vaibhavi goes to reema's house wid a bouquet to congratulate her ...jus while enterin reema's house she gets a sneak peek view of reems herself applyin fairness cream on her face ...vaibhavi gets emotionally distressed,is she right? CommentOverall it was a good GD the panel was happy...2 guys dint speak at all who were given chance by the panel to talk in the end n rest 6 chipped in wid points ...i spok also about reema's professionalism while conveying her presentation..so gave a good enough direction while others were tokin about hurt vaibhavi...had a good time ...the panel said in da end it was a good job..1 of the chilled out guys of the panel did put in his view 2wice in the gd

3)GROUP TASK-well after readin the above task i can definitely say our task was the toughest but the best part which even the m'am who was conductin the task acknowledged dat v did it really wellall the members of the group taken into an empty room ...each person was given a secret number which only he/she knew...then ervybdy was blindfolded and taken to different corners of the room n then we had to arrange ourselves from 1 to 10 according to the secret numbers given to each person...DURING THE WHOLE PROCESS NO VERBAL COMMUNICATION IS ALLOWED ,IF V TOK OR MAKE ANY NOISE THE WHOLE GROUP WOULD B DISQUALIFIED...but da best part was v did da task ...da group was damn good mayb ..amazin skills displayed..v arranged ourselves into the line by communicating via patting the no on other persons back or by touching..the m'am conducting our task was very happy the way v did it

4)ESSAY- damage to environment is inevitable whil raising the standard of living.Comment..was a simple topic ,jus had to write a page within 20 mins

5)PERSONAL INTERVIEW 1-da guy was chilled out...asked more HR Q's ...y mba,tell me about urself,ur family background,wat u want to do in life,y mba after a BSc(since m a BSc Biotech guy) ,how did recession affect agriculture,topmost TT player today in India(Since i was an ex national level TT player) latest any sports controversy..i told about the padma shri award to harbhajan etc,since i was from thane ...was asked about the latest happening in thane,all questions r pertaining basically to ur profile sheet whch u fill..i bein a sports guy was asked more bout sports

6)PERSONAL INTERVIEW 2 = dis guy was a faculty of strategy at SIIB and owned a software company...da seniors tol me he was known to take stress interview n he did...1sd sum HR questiions tell me ur family background,tell about urself,y mba(i said i preferred to complete education widout gaps n wud get a lower profile in a company wid jus a bsc n mba wud help me blah blah...but here was thoroughly grilled) ,asked which sportin figure inspires wu da most,then asked wat i want to do in life..then he rephrased wats da point of ur life ..he stressed wat u wanna do (gave him a fitting reply...well he luked very satisfied wid it)..then asked if i had questions for him...then it was my turn i asked him around 5 questions ..it was like i was takin his interview...overall real fun...what an experience of my 1st professional interview ever..he then shook hands n i was out n tired

7)DOCUMENT VERIFICATION-i dont need to explain this

Well dat was gigantic post...but since 1 of the guys above said please elaborate so i think i hav done well enough to tell u everythin bout my experience...SIIB seniors help u a lot ..chillax guys ...it was a rigorous process no doubt but a learnin 1..would b much more chillaxed b4 next interview

TIPS:- 1: thers a buffer time between each process so u get around 10 mins to relax n go to washroom n call some1 if u want..........
2: personal experience i asked many guys,it was seen dat freshers were asked more hr n less technical Q's ,but WORK EX guys were asked more technical Q's but were restricted to 1-2 Q's
3: eat well n go u gotta b goin gud for 6 hrs though u r given snacks n time for lunch
4: any doubt about institute or any process bindass ask SIIB senior very helpful guys
5 plz carry all documents xeroxed n attestation where ever needed..though ther is a xerox machine there...attestion by gazetted officer was ok though they had mentioned notary many pple did via gazette n they dinbt hav any probs
6:for gd at da 1st only tell da group to contribute n not make it a fish market ours was amazin -same applied for group task as well m done.. i hope it might hav helped u enough to get a closer look at the process..our group had 8 pple 2 guys absent ....i was the only MBA AB guy rest all for IB...u wudnt know whos IB or AB till u see their form...thers no different proces for AB guys ...all r together..i hope u had a good read...BEST OF LUCK..any queries most welcome !!!!!!

hey guys sorry for da late post .....I had my GD/PI on 30th @9:00AM...had a gud time thre...was a very enjoyable experience ...Kudos to da seniors they really help u...1st on ur call letter ur alloted to a group ...dis group has a mentor who is a senior from SIIB..he explains all the processes of da day n is wid ur group always..there r 10 pple in each group n everything is performed together by this group ...but in our grp thre were only 6.........Now following were the things done
1)PRESENTATION...........2)GD..........3)GROUP TASK...... ....4)ESSAY........5)PERSONAL INTERVIEW 1........6)PERSONAL INTERVIEW 2..........7)VERIFICATION OF DOCS .............. lemme start wid each process in detail................
1)PRESENTATION: basically same stuff as given in the brochure nuthin different...followed by a quest n ans session..which was an informal talk wid the siib seniors..presentation lasts for around 15 mins.....................
2)GD = we were taken into a room wid ten chairs ...seated according to our numbers but 4 guys were absent in our group so we were 6 pple...2 guys on the panel.. The GD topic was the same case study which has been highilghted above by nikozi_999.... Overall it was a good GD the panel was happy...The basic thing out here is that u need to present ur pts clearly and it should nt turn out to be a fish market... all in all, since thre were only 6 ppl in my grp everybody got a chance to speak and in the end the panel also askd us to conclude.... so it was nice one
3)GROUP TASK: The same one where we were told a number and we were nt supposed to talk... One special instruction: the first person needs to understand and see the things the othr members of the group are saying.,.. the signals they r thinking of etc... Since i was the first person in the grp, i was clueless abt the signals they were using:confused:.. but i was blank only for the first 2-3 mins after which i slowly came to knw abt the plans my grp memebers had made....
4)ESSAY: again the same topic.... damage to environment is inevitable whil raising the standard of living.Comment..was a simple topic ,jus had to write a page within 20 mins.................................
5)PERSONAL INTERVIEW 1: was a pretty cool one.... he askd the normal HR ques like why MBA, why SIIB, why IB etc etc... also took one statement from my answer for the last ques (WHY IB) and asked to commment on a relatd statement tht he made...i did tht quite beautifully....
6)PERSONAL INTERVIEW 2: hmmmmmm:confused:... this guy was sumthing like...:eyepop:... i mean he was trying to put u in stress or sumthing like tht... but i folied all his plans to do tht.......he askd a lot of ques like wht hav u done in ur 2.5 yrs of wkg in a cmpny, wht r the value adds etc etc... tried to ask abt sumthing which wasnt written in the form.....(i mean thre is a form which will be given at the time of registration... u need to fill tht... sorry forgot to tell u abt tht)...... all in all, it went well...
7)DOCUMENT VERIFICATION: not mcuh issues in ths.... for ppl, who have done the attestations fm a gazettted officer wont face any probs... it was a nice experience overall...

the SIIB seniors help u a lot... in case of any issues/queries, u can evn ask ur mentor and he/she will help u on tht.... also keep the xerox copies as well for all the docs.... otherwise thre is a xerox machine at the basement (i forgot to bring the xerox of final yr marksheet:confused:)....

Let's see wht happens.... waiting for the SIIB verdict....

Thanks,
Abhi

hii 2 all SIIB aspirants..

my slot was 2dayy @ 9:45 hrs,

after long night tiring journy frm ahmedabad in bus i reachd campus @ 8:45AM(lil erly but its okeyy to be)

1st 2 regestration desk got myself registrd and i was handed over my plan sheet.., all wr devided into teams of 10 candidates

@ 9:45 perfectly on time , we were taken to 5th floor whr all SIIB process ws goin on, after checkin our ID proof we wr given forms which was supposd to be filled befor PI, each team was havin 1 mentor senior (ours was dipika, very frndly, u may hv read hr posts in other siib threds) she expland us wat to do furder n all

then we wr taken to classroom wher presentation abt SIIB given, followd by QA sessions wid seniors,

without any time wastin we wer taken to GD room, der was 2 person to judge us 1 sir nd 1 mem, we wer givn CASE it was about "Hindustan Defence" and abt Mr Kuslem which was givn 2 responsiblitis of GM(Materials) AWA Marketing nd he was not able to cope with d situation where company was suffering downturn, he cuoid not achieve d targets and emploees trust and he got exited, and company also discontinue d policy of givin 2 responsiblities, we wr supposed to discuss "wht u wud do if u wr in place of Mr Kuslem nd in place of MD"
it was quite management related CASE and we discussd it with very commom perspectivess but cudnt go in deep technicalitiss..
cudnt make proper consensus,,,
judges wr also lookd like unsatisfacotryy
(keeping our fingures crossed rit now SFA GD is concern)

then we wr taken to docs verification,,followed by essay on "Should laws applied to Sale n consuption of heroine be applied to tobacco?" quite easyy topic,,

then it was GT next,, we wr taken in d GT room,,
it was 1 mem to judge us
d situatioa was,,

u r on moon nd u r lost, u r supposd to reach yr mothership whch is 200 miles away u r havin 13 thigs wid u nd u r to eliminate 3 and arrange remaining 10 things in priority order with justificatios, and those things(only some of dem i remember) wr as follows
Oxygen,rope,parachute silk,food,milk,matcheboxes,pistols,magnetic compaas,FM receiver,heater etc..

we ve arranged it in proper priority order and gav justis
i donno hw dey gonna judge on dis..
but ovall our grp dynamics ws good...

den we got break for lunch,, followd by 2 PIs
both interviewer was quite kool,,, wid lots of knoledge, master of d der fieldss,,

ques wr basic HR ques like
why mba?
why IB?
goal?
wats yr view on terrorism??
wat bt mumbai thing?? etc...etc...
(dont try to bloof here dey r masterss)

ovall process was supercooll...
exellent co-ordination by SIIB Admissions team...
hats off to u all....

hy is there ne1 whose gds on 8?? or m i the only 1?? n can sum1 tel me how far is the college from the airport??

anant.pratap Says
hy is there ne1 whose gds on 8?? or m i the only 1?? n can sum1 tel me how far is the college from the airport??

Hi anant,

my gd is also on 8th at 8:30........and the college is 30kms from airport.....

Had my GD/PI on 31st Jan.... The Seniors did a fabulous job.... the whole process was well thought out & organized... they stuck to the schedule - it took a total of 4 hrs exactly.

1. Began with Registration - ID Badge and Resume form were provided along with a schedule. Each batch of 10 candidates were handled by 1 SIIB student

2. Next was a short presentation of SIIB followed by a Q & A session.

3. Went in for GD. It was a rather long case study (A full A4 size sheet). Given 5 min to read and 15 min to discuss. The case study was as follows:

Mr. Ram Dayal Mathur is working as an Assistant Director in the Telecommunication dept of the Govt. of India. He got married rather late in life and had children at a later age. He calculated tht by the time he retires his youngest son would only be 16 yrs. He realised he'd need to work another 4 - 5 yrs to support his family. He decides to move to a private sector and so does a part time MBA and even clears with an A grade. He gets a really good offer from a private telecomm firm for the position of Deputy General Manager (DGM). He is told tht if he joins the firm within the next 45 days he can be part of a pgm tht trains 5 DGM and promotes them to a higher position. In the meantime a friend calls him to advise tht the Govt is abt to revise the pay commision and if he resigns after 2 - 3 months later he can leave with a higher pension and gratuity.
Now Mr. Mathur is confused bcoz if he doesnt join the pvt firm quickly, the younger guys will be promoted over him. We had to decide wt to choose if we were Mr. Mathur.

4. Group Task - A plane carrying the 10 of us on our way to a business meeting crashed in the middle of Northern Canada. the pilot and co pilot are dead. Day temps -25 degree and night temp -40 degree. the nearest town in 20 miles away. there r 12 items on board. we need to pick 10 and order them based on the priority of our survival and also provide 1 line of explanation for picking each item

5. Essay - Small Cars, a curse or boon

6. Two PIs - First grilled me abt my work ex, the 2nd grilled me abt my extra curricular activites and abt my opinion of a Secular India

7. Verification of Documents

Tip: Get to the venue a little early. You can use the time to get yourself a campus tour....absolutely worth it. the campus has been well planned and is architecturally beautiful

anant.pratap Says
hy is there ne1 whose gds on 8?? Or m i the only 1?? N can sum1 tel me how far is the college from the airport??

hello i also have my interview scheduled on 8th feb. I don't have any idea abt the location bcoz i am from kolkata. Nywaz r u selected for ib or ab? I am selected for ab.

hey guys..
i had d 8:45 slot on 31st jan.. was on d same group as Wilma's..
The entire process was organised well.. Completely on schedule...
On the whole a good experience..
Al d best guys... don worry.. stay cool.. giv it ur best shot..

may be this is not the right place to ask.........

But how have been placements this year i.e for 2007-09 batch

could someone please answer..........